Alien Swirling Saucers rider experience and comments

Rider

Saucers was fun. It doesn't look too fast from the outside but the whipping action is intense (in a good way). My only complaint is that the ride time is a little short. At night the lights and music turn the whole thing into a Pixar disco and you should check it out after dark too.

353BADF5-A438-4646-83EB-DCF8A33C5207.jpeg
C3C0F11A-BAE9-4042-B53B-0DAD985E0851.jpeg
11D748A2-5FEA-49A5-B562-6951D37E8D4D.jpeg
B77D81E6-E1CD-43AC-B0E1-3E4EBFA80B69.jpeg

clarabellej

Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree is supposed to be this ride’s west Coast cousin.

Hello!!! I think that says it all.

Although it may not matter, since no one seems to know how to spell Mater, lol🤣😂

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
The queue is boring, the ride is just OK, a bit noisy and bumpy and the floor definately looks like it has taken some hard scuffs on a few of the whip corners. I wasn't expecting much out of this, and it delivered just that. meh.

KyloRen

Is there source audio anywhere of the songs? Couldn't find it on youtube. Side note: how do people get the source audio from rides in general?

dreamfinder

Is there source audio anywhere of the songs? Couldn't find it on youtube. Side note: how do people get the source audio from rides in general?

Depends on how SOURCE source is. Some times people use induction mics to grab a clean feed directly from the speakers (doesn't work with all audio sources, and is usually just a mono feed), other times it's simply a good ambient microphone by a quiet speaker (usually during off hours) and still other times it's about knowing someone who knows someone and yet other times it's simply a reconstruction using tracks from CDs and such having been acoustically matched to the playlist (Shazam made it much easier).

KyloRen

Depends on how SOURCE source is. Some times people use induction mics to grab a clean feed directly from the speakers (doesn't work with all audio sources, and is usually just a mono feed), other times it's simply a good ambient microphone by a quiet speaker (usually during off hours) and still other times it's about knowing someone who knows someone and yet other times it's simply a reconstruction using tracks from CDs and such having been acoustically matched to the playlist (Shazam made it much easier).

Interesting, thank you!

yensidtlaw1969

The two SW:GE attractions are the very definition of E-Ticket. MRR is debatable, but since it stars the Mouse himself, it gets a push in that direction. Guardians definitely. Tron definitely.

So 4 new E-tickets opening in the next few years. What are the last four to open before these 4? FoP, SDMT, FEA, Everest? Thats calling FEA an E-ticket. Everest opened in 2006. Meaning it took 12 years to get those four open, and we're going to see 4 new ones in a roughly two year period. If you don't count FEA, then you're going back to 2003 for M:S. Point being this is an unprecedented build out for WDW. Like I said you can debate MRR, but if you count Frozen, you have to count MRR. And MRR makes 5 E-tickets opening from say mid 2019 to some time in 2021. I'm just assuming they will have Tron open for the 50th.
Neither Seven Dwarfs Mine Train nor Frozen Ever After were designed as E-Tickets. With both attractions Imagineering set out to create some nice D-Ticket attractions.

Mickey's Runaway Railway is designed to be an E-Ticket.

That said, there will be a deluge of E-Tickets descending on WDW next year, the likes of which have never been truly seen outside the opening of a new park. I am excited by that. Whether they will do enough to right the issues of DHS has yet to be seen.

EPCOTCenterLover

That said, there will be a deluge of E-Tickets descending on WDW next year, the likes of which have never been truly seen outside the opening of a new park. I am excited by that. Whether they will do enough to right the issues of DHS has yet to be seen.
Battle Escape and Mickey and Minnies ride, but what else? Is the Millennium Falcon an E? I heard it described as a D.

yensidtlaw1969

Battle Escape and Mickey and Minnies ride, but what else? Is the Millennium Falcon an E? I heard it described as a D.
Millennium Falcon is what I was referring to, yes - it does seem that Falcon will be the less elaborate attraction of the two in Star Wars Land, but that the effort is being made to make it a full E-Ticket experience of its own kind.

From everything we've seen and heard it seems to rank as a more involved attraction than Flight Of Passage, which seems readily accepted as an E (I do personally feel like I see it as a High D but am willing to concede it's E status given that it was initially conceived to be the D-Ticket of the land and was bumped up to be an E when the Motorbike Coaster was axed). This is unlike, say, Seven Dwarfs where it was always meant to be a D, was repeatedly scaled back in design and ultimately became an attraction of relatively modest scale and scope . . . it is in every sense a D-Ticket and I don't understand why so many want to believe it's an E. It seems that Falcon will follow a similar conceptual premise as FOP where you are put in the action via screens on a unique and complex ride system with an overwhelmingly themed queue -- but it seems to push the concept further with a level of interactivity and guest control. I'm willing to believe that an attraction that beats Flight of Passage at its own game is an E-Ticket.

Battle Escape sounds like it's just gonna throw everything and the kitchen sink at guests, and I really hope it does. I do wonder if there will be people who prefer Millennium Falcon over Battle Escape out of the sheer wish-fulfillment of getting to pilot that ship, despite the attraction being the less ambitious of the two. I can see people lining up for that first - "I don't really know what that Battle ride is all about, but I KNOW I wanna drive the Millennium Falcon, let's do that first and see what the other ride's about later".

tissandtully

So found out yesterday that even though this ride is covered, it will definitely shut down in the rain if it starts coming in sideways, lol. The CM got on the speaker and announced that the "meteor shower" has suspended the ride. Basically the ride had become a giant whirlpool from the torrential downpour that was going on and water was everywhere, they waited for the rain to slow down and squeegeed everything up then did a run with no guests and then let everyone on again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom