Alien Swirling Saucers rider experience and comments

Chef Mickey

Wait are people disappointed because it is exactly what they said it would be a clone of matter? We have known for over a year exactly what we are getting a clone B ticket flat ride. There is nothing wrong with the ride itself, its fine, its a simple flat ride. This is not an anchor attraction, but a side attraction. We can discuss what we wish they built insteasd, but don't knock the ride for being itself. Flat rides are ok, basic simple attractions are ok, not everything needs to be a huge headliner. Do I wish the land had another attraction yes, if it was another flat ride think fliks flyers, that would have been cool. Any way that's my thought- rant over-
No, I’ve been disappointed for years and now that I actually rode it, I’m more disappointed.

It’s terrible.

yensidtlaw1969

I'll say this - I enjoy the Teacups for what they are, but if Fantasyland's attraction menu consisted solely of Teacups, Pooh, and Seven Dwarfs without its showscene, I would be far more critical of the Teacup's position in the lineup.

TP2000

I'm fascinated by the criticism this ride gets in DHS compared to the version in Disney California Adventure. Total opposite reaction on each coast!

This ride in DCA is a fun C Ticket spinner with a great story. It's popular, but usually just a 10 minute wait you just casually go on when you want (and Fastpass isn't offered on Mater's in DCA). It opened in DCA as one of 25 total rides in that park, five of which are other C Ticket spinners (Silly Symphony Swings, Golden Zephyr, Flik's Flyers, Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters, Ladybug Boogie).

In DHS this is a fun C Ticket spinner with a great story. It's popular, but seems to have an inflated wait of 45+ minutes with people booking a Fastpass for it months in advance. It opened in DHS as one of 6 total rides in that park, none of which are C Ticket spinners.

I have to think that the vast difference in park ride roster, and the utter dearth of rides in DHS, is somehow painting this cute little C Ticket spinner with an unflattering brush. I can't see why else it would be getting such mixed reviews.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm fascinated by the criticism this ride gets in DHS compared to the version in Disney California Adventure. Total opposite reaction on each coast!

This ride in DCA is a fun C Ticket spinner with a great story. It's popular, but usually just a 10 minute wait you just casually go on when you want (and Fastpass isn't offered on Mater's in DCA). It opened in DCA as one of 25 total rides in that park, five of which are other C Ticket spinners (Silly Symphony Swings, Golden Zephyr, Flik's Flyers, Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters, Ladybug Boogie).

In DHS this is a fun C Ticket spinner with a great story. It's popular, but seems to have an inflated wait of 45+ minutes with people booking a Fastpass for it months in advance. It opened in DHS as one of 6 total rides in that park, none of which are C Ticket spinners.

I have to think that the vast difference in park ride roster, and the utter dearth of rides in DHS, is somehow painting this cute little C Ticket spinner with an unflattering brush. I can't see why else it would be getting such mixed reviews.

Most online reviews I've seen have been good. People are often surprised they like it (same reaction to SDD). The recent spate of dissatisfied customers is... recent.

RSoxNo1

Am I the only one that thinks flat rides should be considered B tickets and Fantasyland style dark rides are C tickets?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Am I the only one that thinks flat rides should be considered B tickets and Fantasyland style dark rides are C tickets?

Even Walt couldn't stick to a stable, internally consistent Ticket Level convention since it was obvious that popularity, or the lack thereof, was taken into account as an attempt at crowd control. See below.

With that sometimes fuzzy beginning, determining Ticket Level of a ride is like trying to figure out what criteria was used to determine who was allowed in the Disney Princess club and you come across Mulan.

If the current batch of Imagineers all agree with one another on the criteria of Ticket Level and all agree on the Level of each attraction, that's great. But they haven't been telling us.

I was looking at images of old tickets on the internet and thought to compile... a chart! Some of the rides changed level over times, some changed several times. A few seems to me were downgraded simply because they became older and were outshone by new attractions. One seemed to jump up the scales simply because of how low the ride's capacity was and they wanted to limit guests. The online record is incomplete year-to-year, but I believe I have enough data. The list indicates where the ride started and changes in tiers over time. I started the year after the E-Ticket was first introduced. I ignored one-year changes in level...

A
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • 20,000 Leagues Exhibit
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-thru
  • Carrousel

B > A
  • Main Street Cinema

B
  • Art of Animation Exhibit
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train
  • Motor Boat Cruise

B > C > B
  • Fantasyland Theater

B > C > D
  • Astro-Jet / Star Jets

C > B
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Dumbo Flying Elephant
  • Shooting Gallery

C > B > C > B
  • Mike Fink Keel Boats
  • Swiss Family Tree House

C
  • Autopia/Speedway
  • Adventure Through Inner Space
  • Conestoga Wagons

C > D > C
  • Canoes

C > D
  • Rocket to the Moon/Mission to Mars

D > C > B
  • Alice in Wonderland

D > C
  • Peter Pan Flight
  • Snow White’s Adventures
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

D
  • Skyway
  • People Mover
  • Storybook Land Canals
  • Steamboat
  • Sailing Ship Columbia
  • Tom Sawyer Island Rafts

E > C
  • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

E > D > C
  • Steam Train

E > D
  • Mickey Mouse Review
  • Enchanted Tiki Room

E > D > E > D
  • Mine Train (Rainbow Ridge/Nature’s Wonderland)

E
  • Monorail
  • Submarine Voyage
  • 20,000 Leagues
  • Space Mountain
  • Flying Saucers
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • It’s a Small World
  • Pack Mule
  • Big Thunder Mt. Railroad
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Jungle Cruise

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Went to Disneyland for first time this year. My whole family (ages 66, 52, 50, 10)really enjoyed Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. We absolutely fell in love with Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters. We were also bummed to have test track instead of radiator springs racers.
Any whispers of a Luigi like ride in WDW’s future? Could fit in well at AK as a Dino Disco or a wombat watusi.
Anywho, I’ll be a little kid again in 21 days and ride the saucers to clawville.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom