Alert: Avoid WDW This Weekend; Other Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Original Poster
anybody on here know how the crowds will be at the parks on Wednesday Im going and I hope its light.
Shouldn't be horrible. If the past couple of Wednesdays are any indication it should be pretty decent. You'll probably have no more than 20 minute waits on pretty much everything (aside from Peter Pan and Rock N' Roller Coaster). This week could be diferent seeing as I don't really keep track of what is going on as far as who is in town or what is going on to bring them here (i.e. cheerleading competitions this weekend were a suprise to me).

BuzzComplexCM

I find the need to agree with the subtle "cheerleader bashing". It was 2005, my fiancée and I were CM's in Tomorrowland and we decided to go to PI one night after work for a few drinks, laughs and dancing. We stopped into 8Trax, our favorite club, and were standing on the "2nd" level having our drinks and waiting for the club to fill up before we made our way to the dance floor. The DJ started to play a great song so we decided, what the heck lets go dance. As we were on the dance floor for a few more songs in came the cheerleaders with their chaperones. I use that term loosely because they were distracted by other goings on in the club. Anyway as we were dancing these obnoxious girls were running all around, screaming, and constantly bumping into my fiancée. I asked her if she wanted me to say something and she said to let it go seeing as how we can come here whenever we want and what not, so I let it go. But it didn't stop it just got worse. Finally I went up to one of the girls and asked them just to cool it down a little and watch for others around you. The response I got? "F-off loser!" WOW! My fiancée and I were shocked and I could see my fiancée getting redder and redder. Finally we spoke to one of the chaperones and got the "I'm better than you" look. We eventually left and went to the BET Soundstage just to go in a place that was 21+. We stayed there for about an hour or so and went back to 8Trax they were gone.

Hopefully with the 21+-age restriction at the clubs this problem won't be seen anymore. On the other hand while working in the parks I did meet some nice squads and chaperones. The ones who were nice were NICE. Well mannered, smiling, just glad to be in Disney World. When I would work COP I would talk to the squads that were from NJ, my home state.

I guess its just luck of the draw. The best thing to do is not judge them too quickly. I know I always feel bad after thinking people are "trouble" when they turn out to be the nicest people in the world.

Damien666

I give my prayers to all the CM's that have to deal with the bad cheerleaders, there are just some levels of stupidity that should never enter the gates.:hammer:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Cheerleading an alien concept to those who follow football (the world variety).

Naughty behaviour, something that those of us who follow football (the world variety) are quite familiar with.

Loud obnoxious potty mouths a concept anyone whos been in the military will be very familiar with, or from New Yoik for that matter.:drevil:

CatLady

This week could be diferent seeing as I don't really keep track of what is going on as far as who is in town or what is going on to bring them here (i.e. cheerleading competitions this weekend were a suprise to me).
According to http://www.occc.net/, the convention center is hosting the US Open of Taekwondo Thursday-Sunday. I'm not sure how much that will boost Attendance this week, but some businesses near the convention center are getting traffic warnings similar to those for the Home Builders Show. I suspect it will have some impact on park attendance, but who knows how much.

justducky78

In their partial defense, it's not that they are cheerleaders that make them so annoying. The problem is that there are too many packs of roving teenagers away from home without any parental authority and they think they don't have to follow the rules. It's the same thing with the Brazilian tour groups. They make the cheerleaders look like angels.

We were all teenagers once, and can you really blame them for acting like goofballs at that age in that situation.

I actually fault Disney for encouraging these groups to descend in such numbers. They overcrowd the parks and generally make it a not very pleasant time to be in WDW. God forbid actually staying at one of the All Star Resorts where they are all at as well. We actually chose the last week of Jan rather than the first week of Feb because I vaguely remember that is when we ran into the cheerleaders before. DS was swarming with packs of dance squads last Sat which luckily was the final day of our trip. It again reminded me not to go in early Feb.

I definitely agree that it's not "just" cheerleader groups - it's ANY group with lack of parental supervision...out on their own for (sometimes) the first time, they forget their manners and get out of control. People often act in ways in groups that they would NEVER consider acting if they were by themselves. We were all kids/teens at one time and remember acting a little crazy when you get a little bit of freedom, but some of these groups get WAY out of hand. But, this week is cheerleader week, and I'm sure a lot of guests will encounter some bad behavior from certain squads, so we get to pick on them!

copper

FYI Pumbas Nakasak- I'm from NY and offended by your comment. There are many New Yorkers on this site and frankly the vast majority of Floridians are from New York. Obviously, you have never been to NY and have been seduced by the stereo typical image of New Yorkers portrayed in movies. I can only guess where you are from. Large crowds of roving teens are always obnoxious no matter where they are from or who they are including smug football fans from accross the pond.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
FYI Pumbas Nakasak- I'm from NY and offended by your comment. There are many New Yorkers on this site and frankly the vast majority of Floridians are from New York. Obviously, you have never been to NY and have been seduced by the stereo typical image of New Yorkers portrayed in movies. I can only guess where you are from. Large crowds of roving teens are always obnoxious no matter where they are from or who they are including smug football fans from accross the pond.

:kiss: my chuddi :ROFLOL: Can I ask you where a stereotypical image comes from? Oh and buy the way I have, and they are.:drevil:

Sometimes people just dont read whats there.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Finally we spoke to one of the chaperones and got the "I'm better than you" look.

Wait. You didn't know cheerleaders are better than common folk?

To them its a simple equation...
Starting QB > Cheerleaders > Everybody else

Durr. Totally.

:hammer:

eagles

is there anyway to find out if these large groups will be there when planning your trip?

we are going 27apr thru 4 may.

DDuckFan130

Ummm... what? I wouldn't be so sure about that.
:lol: I found that weird too.

I'd be hard-pressed to find many native New Yorkers in Miami :lookaroun

As far as cheerleaders go, all teenagers are annoying when they come in big numbers, so it's not just them. I've stayed at AS Sports and AS Music plenty of times and some of them are too loud for my liking. But there are bad apples in any group. I've probably seen just as many adults cussing or yelling at their children and that disturbs me more than the overzealous teenager :lol:

I don't let it ruin my trip :shrug:

EPCOT.nut

I'm another person that has been in WDW when obnoxious tour groups have been there. The chanting/shouting very tan spanish speaking ladies were wonderful last year. Anyone one else see them? They were all wearing yellow and shouting chants that sounded like battle cries. It was horrible being on the ferry with them. I almost jumped.

I've also been on the Haunted Mansion with a shouting high school field trip. What a bunch of A-holes. :fork:

scpergj

Umm...I live in Florida, have for over 25 years, and don't know a single former New Yorker. My wife works with exactly one, and not from the City. Maybe you should think about stereotypical images before you speak of them.

BTW, my family is from Chicago...

mthunholm

I'm another person that has been in WDW when obnoxious tour groups have been there. The chanting/shouting very tan spanish speaking ladies were wonderful last year. Anyone one else see them? They were all wearing yellow and shouting chants that sounded like battle cries. It was horrible being on the ferry with them. I almost jumped.

I've also been on the Haunted Mansion with a shouting high school field trip. What a bunch of A-holes. :fork:

:ROFLOL: I love your honesty. Thanks for the laugh!

Figments Friend

Okay...so what's the official scoop then fellas?

What's happening in the Parks? Is all heck breaking loose?

Anyone know when the insanity will subside?

Anyone currently there experiencing any mayhem?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom