Alert: Avoid WDW This Weekend; Other Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedway71

I dunno know, I tend to blame people for their own actions.

Yes I agree. Even a GREAT coach cant be on all the rides with ALL the cheerleaders and im sure the coaches did not allow this or even tell the people to act this way.
Im not Cheerleader bashing( I have a preteen daughter who is trying out for Cheerleading) but these girls who acted this way were obnoxios and IF the coaches did see this happening then they are too.

surfsupdon

Yes, the cheerleaders from my high school are down there now.

I LOVE it b/c I don't have them in class. They swarm Disney only certain times of the year, but they stay in the high schools for 180 days, haha.

Ahh, the cheerleaders aren't too bad...

goofyfan13

No offense to anyone...but I was a cheerleader for 12years and always had competitions up there. I know that they can be annoying but it isn't them. Their coaches actually tell them to do the chans and what not. The funny thing is that I never found it obnoxious when I was a cheerleader but now that I have retired from it I can't them.

So just keep in mind that the coaches are the ones to blame not the cheerleaders.
:animwink:

So you had/have no control over the way you act?

Big Cheese

Will they be gone by Monday? :veryconfu

We be there all next week (M-F) and I want to enjoy our stay without a bunch of screaming/yelling on the rides.

Yup, they'll be gone, but then the college cheerleaders arrive for next weekend. TOGA TOGA TOGA!

SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD!:lookaroun

the-reason14

I think I remember being down there when there were a couple of chearleaders down there, not nearly as many as you guys say will be there this weekend but their were some. It was spring break and january on mlk weekend, it still was fun though. Not the cheerleaders but being in WDW.

Darth Plank

It's that time again. The obnoxious meter is up in the park, while the average park guest IQ level is down to a mere 62. That's right, cheerleading competitions this weekend. The place was crawling with loud and obnoxious cheerleaders chanting in the lines, running around, talking and screaming loudly during the rides, and there was even a lot of cursing going on in the Haunted Mansion stretch room. Try to just imagine how obnoxious the screaming was on the actual ride. On Pirates of the Caribbean one of them had a sword that he was sticking in the water trying to touch the bottom and hitting walls. I felt really bad for the families that had to be around them while they were cussing and being obnoxious.

Quick Notes:
  • Waterfall in Splash Mountain was turned off. One day it seems to be on, the next day off. (For those curious, Brer Bear and Hopping Brer Rabbit still aren't working).
  • Splash shut down while we were about to board. Someone exited their log on during the middle of the ride and was apparently running through the mountain. It took them about 15 minutes to find them which created a real problem with keeping other guest in their log. Apparently others ended up getting out of their logs as well and Cast Members were running all over the place to gather them up. I asked if someone got out of the log because the ride shut down or if they shut the log down because someone got out. She said that they shut the ride down AFTER someone got out.
  • Ride Splash during Wishes. We were at the top after the mill's lift hill and we had a great view of the fireworks for a minute or so. It was also neat to see them at the top of the "big drop".
  • Plate making up Mickey's right ear is back in the Mansion.
  • Dancing ballroom ghost we're not spinning. They were stuck in place and not moving.
Do they come int he summer?

St205

Huh,I thought it was the home builders convention affecting crowd levels. And next week it's President's day weekend,so crowd levels should be even higher.

mickster

No offense to anyone...but I was a cheerleader for 12years and always had competitions up there. I know that they can be annoying but it isn't them. Their coaches actually tell them to do the chans and what not. The funny thing is that I never found it obnoxious when I was a cheerleader but now that I have retired from it I can't them.

So just keep in mind that the coaches are the ones to blame not the cheerleaders. :animwink:

So are you trying to tell us that it's the coaches who are telling them to cuss and swear in the lines and in the HM stretching room? It's the coaches who are telling them to take a sword on POTC and keep sticking it in the water and hitting the walls? It's the coaches who are telling them to be generally obnoxious and disruptive around families? Give me a break! Take some responsibility for your own actions.

I don't understand why Disney allows this to take place year after year. Don't they care about all the family vacations that are potentially ruined because of these people? We were there once during cheerleading competitions because we didn't know any better. We were staying at the All Star Resort, which happened to be where the cheerleaders were staying also. All night long they were walking around the resort chanting at the top of their lungs. We couldn't get any sleep. I remember calling the front desk several times and being told that Security would be called to put a stop to it. Yet it kept happening. Very annoying.

raven

...and there was even a lot of cursing going on in the Haunted Mansion stretch room. Try to just imagine how obnoxious the screaming was on the actual ride. On Pirates of the Caribbean one of them had a sword that he was sticking in the water trying to touch the bottom and hitting walls. I felt really bad for the families that had to be around them while they were cussing and being obnoxious.

Most people don't know it but cursing in public places can be an offence if someone actually wants to press charges.

A women pressed changes a few years ago in western Michigan when she took her children river rafting. A group of teens were on shore and were swearing so loudly that it upset the family so she pressed charges...and won!

Maybe a little hint of intent to these cursing teenagers at WDW that are around children might make them wake up and realize their rudeness. If not, report them to security and make a HUGE stink about it. WDW Security needs to know that guests do not want to tolerate this anymore.

mickster

Most people don't know it but cursing in public places can be an offence if someone actually wants to press charges.

A women pressed changes a few years ago in western Michigan when she took her children river rafting. A group of teens were on shore and were swearing so loudly that it upset the family so she pressed charges...and won!

Maybe a little hint of intent to these cursing teenagers at WDW that are around children might make them wake up and realize their rudeness. If not, report them to security and make a HUGE stink about it. WDW Security needs to know that guests do not want to tolerate this anymore.

Not only that, but most states (though I'm not certain if Florida is one) have laws that protect employees' right to work in "an environment that is free from harassment, sexual or otherwise". Guests are part of a cast member's working environment, which means that if the CM working the area is offended, complains and nothing is done about it, then Disney would be liable.

Pan

In their partial defense, it's not that they are cheerleaders that make them so annoying. The problem is that there are too many packs of roving teenagers away from home without any parental authority and they think they don't have to follow the rules. It's the same thing with the Brazilian tour groups. They make the cheerleaders look like angels.

We were all teenagers once, and can you really blame them for acting like goofballs at that age in that situation.

I actually fault Disney for encouraging these groups to descend in such numbers. They overcrowd the parks and generally make it a not very pleasant time to be in WDW. God forbid actually staying at one of the All Star Resorts where they are all at as well. We actually chose the last week of Jan rather than the first week of Feb because I vaguely remember that is when we ran into the cheerleaders before. DS was swarming with packs of dance squads last Sat which luckily was the final day of our trip. It again reminded me not to go in early Feb.

wdwpooh1027

So are you trying to tell us that it's the coaches who are telling them to cuss and swear in the lines and in the HM stretching room? It's the coaches who are telling them to take a sword on POTC and keep sticking it in the water and hitting the walls? It's the coaches who are telling them to be generally obnoxious and disruptive around families? Give me a break! Take some responsibility for your own actions.

I don't understand why Disney allows this to take place year after year. Don't they care about all the family vacations that are potentially ruined because of these people? We were there once during cheerleading competitions because we didn't know any better. We were staying at the All Star Resort, which happened to be where the cheerleaders were staying also. All night long they were walking around the resort chanting at the top of their lungs. We couldn't get any sleep. I remember calling the front desk several times and being told that Security would be called to put a stop to it. Yet it kept happening. Very annoying.

I understand what you are saying. No that they do upon themselves. I guess I was in the more mature years when I was cheering. Now I agree with all of you. They are highly OBNOXIOUS!!! They are all old enough to behave. Disney is making money---so as long as they are making money they will continue to have them. They take place at The Wide World of Sports..but unforutnately they all run the parks. :hurl:

wedway71

Growing up in Florida I took many school function trips to WDW. Since 5th Grade almost every year we had a trip to one of the parks at the end of the year.

I always acted in a respectful manner and the freinds I had did as well.I wasnt in any way a "Goody 2 Shoes" by any means.I wore AC-DC concert t shirts and had long hair(typical kid of the 70s and 80s) but I never cussed in public at WDW nor did I ever destroy property or jump out of ride vehicles.

My parents taught me right from wrong and I think the ones who were acting this way are the product of parents who should have maybe done the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom