Alert: Avoid WDW This Weekend; Other Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Original Poster
We got stuck on BTMRR right before unloading with a New Yorker. They couldn't let us out because it was right before you pulled into the station so there was a drop off between an area to walk and the train. He was obnoxious the entire time.

"Yo lady. Lemme off. I can walk dat fah."
"Sir, you can't really see it from where you are sitting but there is a gap between the train and the side."
"Whateva."

Two minutes later.

"Lady, we're having major ________ issues."
His son tried to stand up and they kept telling him to sit down.

Another minute later.

"Come on. This is ridiculous. I'm 6'2" and my knees are jammin into the back of da seat. You betta give us some compensation. Ouch, I don think I'll be walkin da rest of da day."

Whatever. I'm 6'2" and I had probably had half a foot between my knees and the back of the seat.

They ended up giving us FastPasses for any ride that are good to use until March. Hardly worth having to listen to this guy complain for 15 minutes though.

GrowingUpDisney

Hey Gucci,

I am glad you chimed in. I hope your daughter's squad does GREAT this weekend. Maybe I will get over to that arena to watch.

I am a Cheerleading coach and All Star Cheerleading gym owner and was quite offended by the comment that we (coaches) tell our kids to act obnoxious at the parks and yell / chant to interrupt others vacation. THAT CAN'T BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

Someone hit the nail on the head when they said that the problem isn't that they are cheerleaders, the problem is that they have NO SUPERVISION!. When I am not bringing a squad to Orlando to compete, we visit Disney 3-4 other times in a year as a family. We have had problems with other groups while there and the bashing just doesn't seem to happen.

Please remember that many groups attend Disney all of the time and I am sure that any number of them have caused grief for families at the parks. It is not just the Cheerleaders.

As for when I know to avoid - Here goes:
Feb 24 - 26 - Contest of Champions Nationals (Disney)
March 9 - 11 - UCA Allstar Nationals (Disney)
March 9 - 11 - The American Open (off Site)
March 23 - 25 - Universal IOA
April 5 - 8 - COA Cheer Nationals (Off site)
April 20 - 21 - The Cheerleading Worlds (Disney)
~~ There may be others, but these are the ones I am familiar with~~

My suggestion would be to avoid at these times so we can aviod this type of thread in the future!!

Once again Gucci - Good Luck to ProCheer this weekend at Cheersport!!

Niki

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Soccer is what little girls play here.

Thats because the blokes cant. Theyre too used to playing games where you stop every 20 secs .

Yes soccer the No1 sport in every major country in the world except two, tells you all you need to know really.:drevil:

Erika

This has gone from bad to worse. If you want to avoid WDW this week, by all means, go ahead. But flinging insults back and forth isn't going to solve anything or make anyone look better.

DisneyMusician2

No offense to anyone...but I was a cheerleader for 12years and always had competitions up there. I know that they can be annoying but it isn't them. Their coaches actually tell them to do the chans and what not. The funny thing is that I never found it obnoxious when I was a cheerleader but now that I have retired from it I can't them.

So just keep in mind that the coaches are the ones to blame not the cheerleaders. :animwink:

That makes it even worse! Not that they shouldn't have fun, but not on attractions, or on the bus home late nite when people are just trying to get some quick sleep. As a teacher and a trip coordinator for band trips, my group would never act in the fashion I have seen from some other groups. And if the "responsible adults" truly condone this, then their employment needs to be reexamined.

DisneyMusician2

Hey Gucci,

I am glad you chimed in. I hope your daughter's squad does GREAT this weekend. Maybe I will get over to that arena to watch.

I am a Cheerleading coach and All Star Cheerleading gym owner and was quite offended by the comment that we (coaches) tell our kids to act obnoxious at the parks and yell / chant to interrupt others vacation. THAT CAN'T BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

Someone hit the nail on the head when they said that the problem isn't that they are cheerleaders, the problem is that they have NO SUPERVISION!. When I am not bringing a squad to Orlando to compete, we visit Disney 3-4 other times in a year as a family. We have had problems with other groups while there and the bashing just doesn't seem to happen.

Please remember that many groups attend Disney all of the time and I am sure that any number of them have caused grief for families at the parks. It is not just the Cheerleaders.

As for when I know to avoid - Here goes:
Feb 24 - 26 - Contest of Champions Nationals (Disney)
March 9 - 11 - UCA Allstar Nationals (Disney)
March 9 - 11 - The American Open (off Site)
March 23 - 25 - Universal IOA
April 5 - 8 - COA Cheer Nationals (Off site)
April 20 - 21 - The Cheerleading Worlds (Disney)
~~ There may be others, but these are the ones I am familiar with~~

My suggestion would be to avoid at these times so we can aviod this type of thread in the future!!

Once again Gucci - Good Luck to ProCheer this weekend at Cheersport!!

Niki

I just don't understand how they can get away with no supervision. Even HS groups need chaperones. We were all dumb at 18 (and if you still are, don't worry, you'll look back and realize it in a couple of years!) and they definately need a guiding hand to really make sure they don't disturb others and stay out of trouble. Saves lots of paperwork and bail money in the end.

CBOMB

Thats because the blokes cant. Theyre too used to playing games where you stop every 20 secs .

Yes soccer the No1 sport in every major country in the world except two, tells you all you need to know really.:drevil:
Yes, it tells me that even most of the world is entitiled to a mistake now, and again.:D I wish I could buy you a pint of Boddingtons, and we could discuss how rugby players manage to play the game, and survive after the first 5 minutes.

palmage

Aside from the US of A there are no major countries.:D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes, it tells me that even most of the world is entitiled to a mistake now, and again.:D I wish I could buy you a pint of Boddingtons, and we could discuss how rugby players manage to play the game, and survive after the first 5 minutes.

Surviving 5 mins is easy, its the non functioning body parts your left with when you stop playing thats the problem:eek: :)

lilclerk

I'll tell you this much. At MK last Sunday (2/4) there was a HUGE crowd of cheerleaders sitting by the Partners statue waiting for Wishes. Cheering loudly in a language I couldn't identify. For about an hour. Even through all the announcements for the show.
My friends went to find seats near there while I went to get popcorn. The guy behind me in line kept bumping into me, stepping on my shoes, and trying to cut in front of me. He turned out to be one of the coaches, chanting and dancing in front of the girls while chowing on his popcorn.

I was furious and so were several of the people surrounding us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom