Al Lutz: Tom Staggs stepping back and reconsidering many aspects of FLE

Grizzly Hall 71

Ahhh but your argument is NO BOY would enjoy these M&G therefore this expansion is a waste... Your basis for argument is your cousins who do not speak for all boys...

I used to coach Little League baseball.. I saw little boys being forced into playing sports because that is the boyish thing to do.. these same fathers thought girls should not be playing baseball with the boys and actually crucified me for having a girl be our catcher, play second, pitch and lead off... Their sons stunk.. Couldn't play... Does that make the boy less of a boy???

So, if a boy wants to participate in these new M&Gs, does that make him less of a boy??? Or does that just make him a kid???

Neither it makes him someone who doesn't want to be in Fantasyland.

jt04

I already posted about the attractions in Fantasyland that my daughter (age 10) and son (age 7) like/dislike. Let me underscore all the attractions at the MK…

They Both enjoy the following: Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Treehouse, Big Thunder, T.S. Island, Splash, Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Astro Orbiter, Buzz, Laugh Floor, Space Mountain, Peoplemover, Donald’s Boat and Barnstormer.

My Son likes: Shootin’ Arcade and Speedway where my daughter does not.

My Daughter likes: Toontown fair and the M & G’s where my son does not.

***Neither**** of them care about the following: Tikiroom, Magic Carpets, Country Bears, Presidents, Riverboat, Stitch and Carousel of Progress.

For us “older folk” take a step back in time and look at this Magic Kingdom Park Map “circa -1980”

http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/1979/mkingdom1979_1.html

This "debate" has become unhinged. Lasseter carefully explained the reasoning. My money is on him to be right as he usually is. There is something for every age group/demographic except families with very young children. The FLE will fix that. Nothing else to say about it. It is brilliant.

:wave:

Enchantâmes

All I know is when I was 8-12 I loved princesses and still do. "Thats because you're gay" I am willing to bet there is a good amount of boys like me or even not like me who will enjoy the New fantasyland just as much as the girls. :D

David S.

Not every little boy is into sports, cars, trucks, monsters, adventure, just like not every little girl is into princesses, make up, dress up, dolls.... I still think plenty of little boys would enjoy coloring with Aurora and having Belle read them a story...

True.

And those boys are known as sissies. :lol:

WRONG.

And that, Grizz, is where the problems lie... Parents, mostly fathers, who think something may be wrong with their little boy cause he wants to color with Aurora... Know what it is really called?? LETTING KIDS BE KIDS!!!

WELL SAID!

I find it sad, and hard to believe, that in 2010 - 2010! - the outdated, stereotypical gender roles are still so prevalent. Society has made progress in accepting strong women, but sadly boys who are sensitive and in touch with their emotions or softer side are sadly often made to feel that something is wrong with them. Just like in the thread about people crying during Wishes, people were saying things like it is "weak" and "man up" and things like that.

If being a "real man" means I can't be in touch with my Natural and Real human emotions and let them flow freely, or can't enjoy stories just because they have cute animals and princesses, than no thanks, I think I'll pass.

Of course, a true "real man" would not be afraid of his emotions, or feel intimidated by boys who enjoy princesses, fantasy, and so-called "girly" things! :)

I find it sad, and hard to believe, that in 2010 - 2010!, the sterotypical gender roles are still so prevalent. Society has made progress in accepting strong women, but sadly boys who are sensitive and in touch with their emotions or softer side are sadly often made to feel that something is wrong with them. Just like in the thread about people crying during Wishes, people were saying things like it is "weak" and "man up" and things like that.

If being a "real man" means I can't be in touch with my Natural and Real human emotions and let them flow freely, or can't enjoy stories just because they have cute animals and princesses, than no thanks, I think I'll pass.

Of course, a true "real man" would not be afraid of his emotions, or feel intimidated by boys who enjoy princesses, fantasy, and so-called "girly" things! :)

Great post and fully agree!

lightning509s

To end my part of the discussion within this thread, my children (as stated ages 10 and 7) would rather spend a day at Uni than MK (FLE or No FLE), Epcot, DHS or Animal Kingdom...Actually, so would I....

I couldn't say that 15 years ago...

Grizzly Hall 71

To end my part of the discussion within this thread, my children (as stated ages 10 and 7) would rather spend a day at Uni than MK (FLE or No FLE), Epcot, DHS or Animal Kingdom...Actually, so would I....

To end mines also.

The same for me. I rather be at IOA than MK. Still love it but hey Disney hasn't caught my attention with attractions lately like Universal has.

Captain Chaos

True.

WRONG.

WELL SAID!

I find it sad, and hard to believe, that in 2010 - 2010! - the outdated, stereotypical gender roles are still so prevalent. Society has made progress in accepting strong women, but sadly boys who are sensitive and in touch with their emotions or softer side are sadly often made to feel that something is wrong with them. Just like in the thread about people crying during Wishes, people were saying things like it is "weak" and "man up" and things like that.

David, well said!!!

However, sadly, there is still a major segment of society that can't handle a strong woman...

With that said, FLE will still be pretty cool... And if Pixie Hollow really is dead, then let's see what the replacement will be...

EmperorMilenko

To end mines also.

The same for me. I rather be at IOA than MK. Still love it but hey Disney hasn't caught my attention with attractions lately like Universal has.

As much as I love & enjoy Uni, Disney provides the better experience, IMO. I havent experienced WWoHP. Excuse the dumbed down replies. Typing on a Wii isn't exactly quick.

Captain Chaos

To end mines also.

Just a few less people who will be standing in front of me while I enjoy MK and all Disney offers... :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom