Al Lutz: Tom Staggs stepping back and reconsidering many aspects of FLE

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah, Fastpass kills the experience of Indy's queue.
I still give Indy the edge for best queue. It's just so extensive, and well themed, and so detailed. A truly great build up to the ride and a major part of the total experience.
FJ's queue is great, especially for Potter fans who finally get to inhabit some of the spaces they have only imagined before. But in the end...it just doesn't transport me away the way Indy's queue does. But the ride....oh....the ride....:dazzle:

They have expanded their hours. When we ate there a couple weeks ago, my reservations were for 5:30pm. Seems like they are open for lunch and dinner now.

I agree with you on the FJ queue; its emersive, but not really all that detailed. The moving portraits (apart from the Fat Lady) are great, though I will never understand why they would put regular, non-moving portraits right next to them. And I have to be honest, I was slightly dissappointed with the pepper ghost/hologram effect of Dumbledore and Harry, Ron, Hermione; unless you looked at them straight on, it became pretty clear they were just a projection. :shrug:

As far as Mythos goes, I believe they were open lunch and dinner when I was there in early June, though it was hard to tell. Mythos really is strange when it comes to its operating hours...

And just a final thing, Mythos was surprisingly not voted Best Restuarant for 2010; Bistro de Paris at Epcot somehow managed to get the top spot (i still don't know how that happend :lol:).

Mouse Detective

*Am I going to Islands to see WWOHP? Yes. One day, every other will be spent at WDW.
*One ride is a flight simulator and they age quick.
*The shops are very expensive, I heard that some wands are 40 plus dollars.
*Now I was wondering if anyone heard if there were plans eventually to add to WWOHP, whether it be food, stores, rides, etc. in the wake of the FLE.

1) You'd be smart to buy the 2-day pass. A much better deal and if you're as big of a potter fan as you say you are, you'll want to come back later during your visit so that you can take it all in. Seriously.
2) As has been mentioned by several, not a flight/motion simulator at all. All new technology. Clearly the #1 theme park ride in the world.
3) Some wands are, most are much less. Dining in citywalk last night and watching people leave, amazing how many are carrying wands.
4) The save pleasure island website mentioned a week or so ago that the Potter expansion is already drawn and was designed by the same company that has drawn up the new adventurers club. So yes, a potter expansion is coming.

_Scar

Nah. More like Barnstormer with a wicker Hippogriff train. Fun though.:D

God, why is FotH SOOO short?! It seemed so much longer before as the unicorn! ):

No. There is no simulator.
The screen portion of Forbidden Journey is very minimal. Maybe 15% of the total ride. The rest is physical sets.
The "castle tour" is the ride queue. Now challenging Indy for the title of world's greatest queue.

I'd say 50%, but the screen part makes the ride so amazing! It puts Soarin' to shame! It's amazing and really what the icing on the cake is to me and my parents which all agree make it the best ride we've ever been on.

Forbidden Journey. Better than Spidey. Better than Indy. Better than Tower.
That hurts to say, because I have long been of the opinion that Indy was the best ride on the planet. FJ edges it out.

I agree. It's tough not having WDI claim that title, but it's so true.

One word: Mythos :slurp:. Named best Theme Park Restaurant in the world for something like six years in a row. Disney can't touch it on this coast. Out west, Blue Bayou comes close. (33 doesn't count.) Uni also offers Lombard's, Finnegan's and Confisco Grille

Is my family the only family who didn't like our stay at Mythos? Sure it's grand and all, but the food was 'meh' and the interior was not my taste.

Yes. If they could already start building, they would.
Sinbad's future isn't too bright. Same for the rest of Lost Continent.

Doesn't FJ really cover all of HP in general? lol :shrug:

Potter will expand. It's a matter of when not if.

This makes me smile. :) Is there concept art and plans or just a clear thought that there will be expansion sometime?

No.
The only people scared of FLE are:
-MK ops, worrying about getting a halfway decent number of rugrats through those M&Gs every hour.
-Folks who want some of that FL money to go elsewhere, where it is more needed.

I'm scared about waiting to finally get a reservation for BatB :lookaroun

tirian

One word: Mythos :slurp:. Named best Theme Park Restaurant in the world for something like six years in a row. Disney can't touch it on this coast. Out west, Blue Bayou comes close. (33 doesn't count.) Uni also offers Lombard's, Finnegan's and Confisco Grille

Sorry Lee, I was with you til you said Blue Bayou is a good restaurant. Have you ever been to New Orleans? BB tastes like crap.

Carry on... :p

Lee

Adventurer
Sorry Lee, I was with you til you said Blue Bayou is a good restaurant.

Hey....I like Blue Bayou. The atmosphere is awesome, and the Monte Cristo sandwich is just incredible.
(Not as good as the $11 creme brule upstairs at 33, though:slurp:)

Have you ever been to New Orleans?
Yep. Rather tasty cuisine they have there.
(Aww, man....now I've let Cafe Du Monde into my brain, instantly creating a massive craving for beignets!)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yep. Rather tasty cuisine they have there.
(Aww, man....now I've let Cafe Du Monde into my brain, instantly creating a massive craving for beignets!)

Especially first thing in the morning after a night of revelry on (and with) Bourbon.....:sohappy:

Mrs.Toad

Wow! Everyone seemed to rave about FJ. Can't wait to see it in a few months. I checked out several videos and of course there is nothing like being there. People pretty much concentrated on taping the screen as opposed to other elements.

Good to hear!

TarzanRocked99-

So did anyone notice during the earlings release yesterday that attendance at WDW was down 2% over the last quarter. At the same time Universals attendance rose 2.2% hmmmmm :lookaroun

Seriously though TDO's focus over the past few years was to make sure EVERY dollor of the guest was spent on property and that none would escape to the other parts of Orlando, Magical Express, Magic Your Way tickets and the dining plans were all part of that plan. Potter is throwing a wrench into that model and yes its causing concern.

TarzanRocked99-

Wow! Everyone seemed to rave about FJ. Can't wait to see it in a few months. I checked out several videos and of course there is nothing like being there. People pretty much concentrated on taping the screen as opposed to other elements.

Good to hear!

let me add to the list in saying there is nothing Flight Simulator about FJ at all, its quite honestly the best dark ride I have ever been on.

DisneyParksFan1

So did anyone notice during the earlings release yesterday that attendance at WDW was down 2% over the last quarter. At the same time Universals attendance rose 2.2% hmmmmm :lookaroun

Seriously though TDO's focus over the past few years was to make sure EVERY dollor of the guest was spent on property and that none would escape to the other parts of Orlando, Magical Express, Magic Your Way tickets and the dining plans were all part of that plan. Potter is throwing a wrench into that model and yes its causing concern.

Yep... They were askin' for it.:)

Mr.EPCOT

Nah. More like Barnstormer with a wicker Hippogriff train. Fun though.:D

Yeah, unless you're shoved in there with Evan. :dazzle: :lol:

Now challenging Indy for the title of world's greatest queue.

Forbidden Journey. Better than Indy.

No way, I don't think Forbidden Journey comes close to touching Indy. FJ feels very much like a theme park ride, Indy just seems so perfectly immersive. Along with just simply being more fun.

_Scar

Yeah, unless you're shoved in there with Evan. :dazzle: :lol:

No way, I don't think Forbidden Journey comes close to touching Indy. FJ feels very much like a theme park ride, Indy just seems so perfectly immersive. Along with just simply being more fun.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

shwat

Mr.EPCOT

I would have to agree with Scar, FJ is an amazing dark ride, using very cool technology.

I didn't say it wasn't, the technology is definitely more advanced than Indy, but that doesn't automatically make it more fun. I'm sure Forbidden Journey will be top dog in a lot of peoples minds, but that's purely subjective. A lot of people will think it's the best thing ever just because it's new and exciting, and as time goes on will judge it differently. FJ is a blast, but give me the choice between that and Indy, I'll pick Indy every time. Indy has always completely enveloped and thrilled me with an adrenaline rush every time, and FJ just really hasn't. Personal preference, that's all.

yoyoflamingo

Is my family the only family who didn't like our stay at Mythos? Sure it's grand and all, but the food was 'meh' and the interior was not my taste.

My wife and I ate there once and I agree with you; I don't know if it was what we ordered, the server we had who wasn't very good, or a combination of things, but we both never got why it won the best theme park restaurant award at all. Meh is the best way I can describe the food also.

That said, we both would gladly give it another chance I'm sure, just to see if it was a fluke the one time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom