Al Lutz: Tom Staggs stepping back and reconsidering many aspects of FLE

Grizzly Hall 71

Let's see... During my trips, I have witnessed boys that young online to meet Mulan, Snow White, Aurora, Minnie Mouse and other female-based characters... In fact, I have seen little boys excitedly handing the princesses their autograph book and yes, even hugging the character...

And again, who cares if a 6-12 year old boy doesn't want to go to the M&G, or hug a princess... They can go on a ton of other rides in Magic Kingdom... A section of Fantasyland that becomes the home of the princesses is really not a big deal...

Ohh and just cause your cousins hate those movies does not mean they speak for all 6-12 year old boys...

That's nice.

DisneyNut2007

But when it comes to meet n greets, young boys DO NOT want to get hugs from a princess. That's why most of the "attractions" of FLE do not appeal to boys at all.

Not only are you wrong as usual, but you, sir, have stooped to another new low by over-generalizing.

Sure, some young boys may think that "girls are icky", but it's not always the case!

There ARE at least some boys out there who do like recieving hugs and kisses from pretty ladies.

Captain Chaos

[/B]

Exactly what I'm trying to say. 98% of this expansion is just glorified meet and greets.

98% are glorified meet and greets??? No... Not 98%.. Not even a majority... Half maybe, but not a majority... You are crucifying something that 1) isn't even built yet and 2) doesn't fit what YOU want...

Time to move on and get over it... You don't like it, then stay out of the Magic Kingdom...

Grizzly Hall 71

98% are glorified meet and greets??? No... Not 98%.. Not even a majority... Half maybe, but not a majority... You are crucifying something that 1) isn't even built yet and 2) doesn't fit what YOU want...

Time to move on and get over it... You don't like it, then stay out of the Magic Kingdom...

Ok you have the mermaid ride, a restaurant and a tavern, a new dumbo and that's it.

How is that half?

That's Kool and The Gang, I'm still entitled to my opinion.

imagineer boy

Not every little boy is into sports, cars, trucks, monsters, adventure, just like not every little girl is into princesses, make up, dress up, dolls.... I still think plenty of little boys would enjoy coloring with Aurora and having Belle read them a story...

And those boys are known as sissies. :lol:

And those are far and few between. The appeal factor still goes to girls 100 to 1.

And even if this did favor little girls, who cares??? If you don't like it, stay away... Simple as that... Why does everyone feel everything has to be for them??? So ride Pirates, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain... That is what I do and golly gee i have a ton of fun without complaining how Disney isn't catering to me...

Even if it doesn't appeal to me, I still want it to bring attendance to WDW. And since FLE only appeals to little girls, it really won't.

Captain Chaos

Walt knew that boys wouldn't enjoy FL. So the way he got them there was by the Mattehorn. So even Walt knew it was girl-centric. FL is has the most attractions in a single land in MK and people are missing it because they feel that their young son wouldn't enjoy riding in a hunny pot through a Pooh story.

But hey, that's my opinion. Disney's going to do what they wanna do at the end of the day anyway, so there's no reason to argue.

So, you knew Walt and knew what he thought???? Wow.. Interesting.. Seance or are you Walt reincarnated??? Hmmmm... Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is girl-centric?? Pinocchio?? Wonderland??? Tea Cups??? Peter Pan?? Small World??

And who are these people who skip Fantasyland that you speak of?? Funny, I always see Fantasyland being the most CROWDED land whenever I am there.. And, maybe it is my eyes at my old age, but, I see.. LOADS OF BOYS HAVING FUN IN FANTASYLAND!!!!!

Your arguments get worse and worse Grizz.... Sure you want to keep it going???

Grizzly Hall 71

and those boys are known as sissies. :lol:

And those are far and few between. The appeal factor still goes to girls 100 to 1.

Even if it doesn't appeal to me, i still want it to bring attendance to wdw. And since fle only appeals to little girls, it really won't.

thank you finally! Someone understands what i've been trying to say!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
images

Captain Chaos

And those boys are known as sissies. :lol:

Even if it doesn't appeal to me, I still want it to bring attendance to WDW. And since FLE only appeals to little girls, it really won't.

Whether you are joking about this or not, this is the problem many FATHERS have.. afraid their little boys may grow up to be sissies cause, oh my God, they want to hug a princess or color with Sleeping Beauty.. :rolleyes:

What if their son hates sports, cars, boats, trucks, you know MANLY THINGS!!! And have never hugged a princess... umm, are they still a sissy???

Grizzly Hall 71

so, you knew walt and knew what he thought???? Wow.. Interesting.. Seance or are you walt reincarnated??? Hmmmm... Mr. Toad's wild ride is girl-centric?? Pinocchio?? Wonderland??? Tea cups??? Peter pan?? Small world??

And who are these people who skip fantasyland that you speak of?? Funny, i always see fantasyland being the most crowded land whenever i am there.. And, maybe it is my eyes at my old age, but, i see.. Loads of boys having fun in fantasyland!!!!!

Your arguments get worse and worse grizz.... Sure you want to keep it going???

your telling me fl is more crowded than between splash and big thunder??!!

lightning509s

That is why the MK has Frontierland, the shooting gallery, TSI, pirates, jungle cruise, Buzz, Stitch, the raceway etc etc etc.

Strange thing is FL is really not losing anything. And nobody cried about it being too girlish for 40 years.

This whole internet campaign will fail as miserably as the last 10,258 of them have. :lol:

I already posted about the attractions in Fantasyland that my daughter (age 10) and son (age 7) like/dislike. Let me underscore all the attractions at the MK…

They Both enjoy the following: Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Treehouse, Big Thunder, T.S. Island, Splash, Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Astro Orbiter, Buzz, Laugh Floor, Space Mountain, Peoplemover, Donald’s Boat and Barnstormer.

My Son likes: Shootin’ Arcade and Speedway where my daughter does not.

My Daughter likes: Toontown fair and the M & G’s where my son does not.

***Neither**** of them care about the following: Tikiroom, Magic Carpets, Country Bears, Presidents, Riverboat, Stitch and Carousel of Progress.

For us “older folk” take a step back in time and look at this Magic Kingdom Park Map “circa -1980”

http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/1979/mkingdom1979_1.html

Captain Chaos

your telling me fl is more crowded than between splash and big thunder??!!

In fact, yes it is... Take an entire land as compared to a small little section, yes.. it is more crowded... take the people in the little area between Splash and BTM and they disappear in Fantasyland... but nice try...

Grizzly Hall 71

Whether you are joking about this or not, this is the problem many FATHERS have.. afraid their little boys may grow up to be sissies cause, oh my God, they want to hug a princess or color with Sleeping Beauty.. :rolleyes:

What if their son hates sports, cars, boats, trucks, you know MANLY THINGS!!! And have never hugged a princess... umm, are they still a sissy???

If A boy would rather color with a princess than talk about those things listed, well that's cool to I guess.

Truth is most boys wouldn't want to color with a princess. They rather talk about the things listed than that.

Notice how I say MOST and not ALL.

Captain Chaos

I already posted about the attractions in Fantasyland that my daughter (age 10) and son (age 7) like/dislike. Let me underscore all the attractions at the MK…

They Both enjoy the following: Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Treehouse, Big Thunder, T.S. Island, Splash, Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Astro Orbiter, Buzz, Laugh Floor, Space Mountain, Peoplemover, Donald’s Boat and Barnstormer.

My Son likes: Shootin’ Arcade and Speedway where my daughter does not.

My Daughter likes: Toontown fair and the M & G’s where my son does not.

***Neither**** of them care about the following: Tikiroom, Magic Carpets, Country Bears, Presidents, Riverboat, Stitch and Carousel of Progress.

For us “older folk” take a step back in time and look at this Magic Kingdom Park Map “circa -1980”

http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/1979/mkingdom1979_1.html

Well we need to have Disney shut down the shootin arcade cause boys like it more than girls.. it leans too heavy toward the boy demographic and we can't have things leaning toward one demographic...

The MK appeals to everyone and has something for everyone... Not everything has to appeal to everyone... Your children prove this...

** I can't stand Stitch, Country Bears, and the Riverboat too LOL....

Captain Chaos

If A boy would rather color with a princess than talk about those things listed, well that's cool to I guess.

Truth is most boys wouldn't want to color with a princess. They rather talk about the things listed than that.

Notice how I say MOST and not ALL.

Ahhh but your argument is NO BOY would enjoy these M&G therefore this expansion is a waste... Your basis for argument is your cousins who do not speak for all boys...

I used to coach Little League baseball.. I saw little boys being forced into playing sports because that is the boyish thing to do.. these same fathers thought girls should not be playing baseball with the boys and actually crucified me for having a girl be our catcher, play second, pitch and lead off... Their sons stunk.. Couldn't play... Does that make the boy less of a boy???

So, if a boy wants to participate in these new M&Gs, does that make him less of a boy??? Or does that just make him a kid???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom