Al Lutz: Tom Staggs stepping back and reconsidering many aspects of FLE

DisneyParksFan1

We totally need someone to stand up and do that to TDO... Make them look foolish!!! LOL... Of course, they would laugh while they drive away in their Bentleys, Escapades, cashing their million dollar bonuses at the banks...

We need someone like Anthony Weiner! I would love for one day in one of those press conference where all the TDO people are, someone from the audience calls them out and makes them look foolish!!! I would clap and join in!:sohappy:

Jt, I don't think I get what you mean, you mentioned they may end up with an even bigger project if TDO was what? No sarcasm I just don't get that part...

Captain Chaos

We need someone like Anthony Weiner! I would love for one day in one of those press conference where all the TDO people are, someone from the audience calls them out and makes them look foolish!!! I would clap and join in!:sohappy:

Jt, I don't think I get what you mean, you mentioned they may end up with an even bigger project if TDO was what? No sarcasm I just don't get that part...

Doing that in a press conference may get you arrested... there are other ways to get the job done.. Like writing campaigns, or... WEBSITES!!!!

It is time the voices stand up and tell TDO... WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1LXhgXPWs

jt04

The spin is that TDO does not want big capital projects because they are protecting their bonuses. I personally think that is BS. However, if it is true and they are only acting out of self interest without consideration for the future of WDW, then I think it is possible the powers that be (Iger, Staggs etc) will "insist" on large new projects in increasing numbers.

But as I said, I think the TDO hating is almost entirely generated by low level disgruntled CM's (these types exist in every business) and disgruntled AC fans.

jt04

We totally need someone to stand up and do that to TDO... Make them look foolish!!! LOL... Of course, they would laugh while they drive away in their Bentleys, Escapades, cashing their million dollar bonuses at the banks...

See this is what I mean. This attitude can only destroy a person's chance of achieving success. The TDO bashing has nothing to do with the parks. It is usually envy by those unwilling to make the same sacrifices to achieve an equal level of success. *sigh*

Horizonsfan

OK, I guess it is time to address this.

Imagineering worked with what's her name as they originally were developing the project. Then Disney took away the Uni imagineer who knew the plans. Disney has always known what the project involved. Potter helps Disney more than hurts it. Potter will draw tourists but let's be honest, Potter only has a limited through-put and both Uni parks can be accomplished in 2 days. So, where will all those tourists go after Uni? Or, more likely, those tourists will also plan a trip to Disney while in central Florida. I suspect Disney secretly loves this new add. Meanwhile, WDW keeps slowly (too slowly) moving forward. I believe WDW is more endangered by not growing faster than by any threat by Universal. Just my opinion.

That is barely related to what I said to you. Yes I'm sure TDO, WDI, and WDC were aware ahead of time what the scope of the project was. It's one thing to read, hear, and talk about it. It's another to see it in person. It's also obvious that the odds of two parks overtaking four parks is highly improbable. However two parks can definitely cancel out two others for visitors. That's what scares Disney. If people who were going to or used to go to all four are now going to just two or three, that's a loss, no matter how you want to serve it.

Plus, could I just get an answer to the question I asked you? Have you been to the wizarding world since it was constructed? :shrug:

DisneyNut2007

One thing is for sure. TDO needs a huge management overhaul. I have great respect for Meg, but a career "human resources director" placed in charge of Disneys flagship property? I don't understand that at all. Sorry Meg...

So, what you're really is that you're lying and you have no respect for poor Meg Crofton after all. :mad:

Once again, TDO does not have the same power that you think they do, so quit bugging them already! :mad:

TP2000

If people who were going to or used to go to all four are now going to just two or three, that's a loss, no matter how you want to serve it.

That's exactly what I'm doing this fall. I used to avoid Universal Orlando like the plague, as it was really a pale and cheeseball imitation of the real Universal Studios in Hollywood. You know, the place that is actually a working movie studio with a 75 minute long tram tour through the hilly property? My gawd, Universal Orlando doesn't even have a tram tour, which is like trying to build a Disneyland without a Castle. :rolleyes:

Compared to Universal Studios Hollywood, the Orlando version is a tacky, cheeseball fake set up solely as a tourist trap for Midwesterners and Europeans who don't know any better. :cool:

But with Potter, I have decided I have to check it out. I doubt I'll spend much time in the Studios park there, for all of the above reasons anyone who has been to Universal Hollywood would well understand, but I'm actually considering staying at one of their hotels for two nights before I move over to the Poly for four nights.

A year ago I would have just spent five or six nights at the Poly or Contemporary and then jetted home. Not this year, thanks to Potter. I don't know if I will ever return, but at least this one year they've got me. And I'm not even a big Potter fan. I've only seen one of the movies in the last decade. But there I go, off to Universal for a couple days. :wave:

Captain Chaos

See this is what I mean. This attitude can only destroy a person's chance of achieving success. The TDO bashing has nothing to do with the parks. It is usually envy by those unwilling to make the same sacrifices to achieve an equal level of success. *sigh*

Don't you act like you know me and my desire to achieve success.. Not from your couch anyway JT... I know what I want to do with my life... And I am making the sacrifices I need to achieve what I desire to achieve.. SO before casting just more of your utter nonsense, think before you type... You may actually make yourself a lot more credible around here instead of the leader of the Disney Fanboi Clique...

And by the way, I am not a former CM or current CM....

ChrisFL

Premium Member
That's exactly what I'm doing this fall. I used to avoid Universal Orlando like the plague, as it was really a pale and cheeseball imitation of the real Universal Studios in Hollywood. You know, the place that is actually a working movie studio with a 75 minute long tram tour through the hilly property? My gawd, Universal Orlando doesn't even have a tram tour, which is like trying to build a Disneyland without a Castle. :rolleyes:

When Universal opened it WAS a working movie studio and it DID have a tram tour. I actually was in a movie filmed there. The problem is that Orlando never became a big destination like Hollywood....at one point there was plans for Paramount to also build a movie studio here, but it never happened and the industry never took off.

But DHS still acts like it's a real studio too, do you avoid it like the plague also?

TP2000

When Universal opened it WAS a working movie studio and it DID have a tram tour. I actually was in a movie filmed there. The problem is that Orlando never became a big destination like Hollywood....at one point there was plans for Paramount to also build a movie studio here, but it never happened and the industry never took off.

But DHS still acts like it's a real studio too, do you avoid it like the plague also?

Universal Orlando used to have a tram tour? I never knew that. I don't remember it being there, that's for sure.

I don't avoid DHS, but I don't spend much time there. Usually one half-day does it. I love Rock N' Roller Coaster and Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror is always fun, and Fantasmic is worth a laugh. But the rest of the park I pass on, having seen it all many times in the 1990's and unchanged since then.

About 4 or 5 hours in DHS once every year or two is enough. But Universal Orlando just seemed too pale a cheap imitation of the Hollywood working studio to do again. When I go to Universal this fall, it will be mainly for IOA.

DisneyParksFan1

Universal Orlando used to have a tram tour? I never knew that. I don't remember it being there, that's for sure.

I don't avoid DHS, but I don't spend much time there. Usually one half-day does it. I love Rock N' Roller Coaster and Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror is always fun, and Fantasmic is worth a laugh. But the rest of the park I pass on, having seen it all many times in the 1990's and unchanged since then.

About 4 or 5 hours in DHS once every year or two is enough. But Universal Orlando just seemed too pale a cheap imitation of the Hollywood working studio to do again. When I go to Universal this fall, it will be mainly for IOA.

Why?

BrerFrog

The Backlot area needs some help quickly, it stopped making sense as the studio was closed. Maybe a WDW version of Carsland will fix that. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom