• Epcot
    • The Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • DHS
    • Backlot Tour
    • Magic of Disney Animation
    • Rock N Rollercoaster
    • Tower of Terror
  • DAK
    • Dinosaur (I am counting this as an Indiana Jones modified)
    • Kali River Rapids
    • Primeval Whirl
    • TriceraTop Spin
Exact Clone:
  • Magic Kingdom
    • Astro Orbitor
    • Mickey's Philharmagic
    • Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    • Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Epcot
    • Captain EO
    • Soarin'
    • Turtle Talk with Crush
  • DHS
    • Lights Action Motors
    • Muppet Vision 3D
    • Disney Jr Live on Stage
    • Star Tours
    • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • DAK
    • Festival of the Lion King
    • It's Tough to Be a Bug
My hat is off to Epcot for being the most original park. But most everything has been cloned and taken around the world these days.

Lee

Adventurer
the long term scope for improving Whirl is enclosing the structure and making it a dark experience using the existing ride system..

All theming elements are planned to be demo'd and re-engineered.. will this happen? Don't know.. Avatar has changed a LOT of the plans at AK, in both Entertainment as well as Husbandry
Same thing was considered several years back for Mullholland Madness.
It would be an imprivement, no doubt, but an indoor cheap, portable, spinning mouse coaster is still a cheap, portable, spinning mouse coaster.

DocMcHulk

It would be an imprivement, no doubt, but an indoor cheap, portable, spinning mouse coaster is still a cheap, portable, spinning mouse coaster.
True. But it would probably clean up the aesthetics of the area.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I have no problem with modified clones. Heck even some exact clones. My issue is copying a whole land. Yes the lands in DL and MK are mostly named the same but they have different looks, rides, layouts, shops, Resturaunts etc.

Carsland being basically picked up and dropped into DHS is what seems wrong to me. I have no problem with RSR being built exactly the same but a whole land - rides, shops, restaurants etc. exactly the same seems wrong.

I love it when a ride or area has a twist or differences, I like modified clones like HM being different in each park. For a person who goes to both coasts it's fun to see the differences on the "same" ride.

RSoxNo1

the long term scope for improving Whirl is enclosing the structure and making it a dark experience using the existing ride system..

All theming elements are planned to be demo'd and re-engineered.. will this happen? Don't know.. Avatar has changed a LOT of the plans at AK, in both Entertainment as well as Husbandry

Yeah, this is a problem because it's a lousy ride system. The ride is remarkably uncomfortable. For me it's uncomfortable on the same level as the Matterhorn, it's not worth riding.

Genie of the Lamp

I have no problem with modified clones. Heck even some exact clones. My issue is copying a whole land. Yes the lands in DL and MK are mostly named the same but they have different looks, rides layouts, shops, Resturaunts etc.

Carsland being basically picked up and dropped into DHS is what seem wrong to me. I have no problem with RSR being built exactly the same but a whole land rides, shops, restaurants a exactly the same seems wrong.

I live it when a ride or area has a twist or differences, I like modified clones like HM being different in each park. For a person who goes to both coasts it's fun to see the differences on the "same" ride.

Maybe with Luigi's being canned now we can see possibly a new restaurant, new merchandise shop, or new M&G of one or more of the cars (Flo or Sally could work) since it probably could fit unless we aint gonna see 12 acres size of this land. It would have to be small scale enhancements like this though. Yeah I'm on board with your opinion on this as I feel the same way as well even though my first preference is something unique and special to that park.

rle4lunch

I like Seuss Landing. I loathe Dinorama.

Suess is fine for Uni. The only engrossing 'land' inside Uni is HP. The rest are standalone carnival level crap nearly. The rides are fine for the most part, but there's nothing engaging about Uni at all except for HP. Except for that horrendous bathroom scent that takes over the entire land at HP, it's truly a great place.

Difference, Disney isn't supposed to feel cheesy in one part and ultra detailed in another. WDW is rampant with this, DL not so much. It's like FL at MK, with the cheesy crap fronts on IASW and other rides in that area, and then walk 2 minutes into FLE and see the glaring difference. They should've put some money into the easy stuff to fix first before spending half a billion in the back of the land. Anyway...

Dinorama doesn't fit. It doesn't fit. It DOESN'T fit. There is no valid argument on why it was added. There's no smooth transition. There's nothing, except stinky cheese.

I expect this from Universal. They're not in the game of creating a immersive atmosphere that transports you away from your normal lives . They're starting to get there, but they've got a LONG way to go.

Disneyhead'71

Suess is fine for Uni. The only engrossing 'land' inside Uni is HP. The rest are standalone carnival level crap nearly. The rides are fine for the most part, but there's nothing engaging about Uni at all except for HP. Except for that horrendous bathroom scent that takes over the entire land at HP, it's truly a great place.

Difference, Disney isn't supposed to feel cheesy in one part and ultra detailed in another. WDW is rampant with this, DL not so much. It's like FL at MK, with the cheesy crap fronts on IASW and other rides in that area, and then walk 2 minutes into FLE and see the glaring difference. They should've put some money into the easy stuff to fix first before spending half a billion in the back of the land. Anyway...

Dinorama doesn't fit. It doesn't fit. It DOESN'T fit. There is no valid argument on why it was added. There's no smooth transition. There's nothing, except stinky cheese.

I expect this from Universal. They're not in the game of creating a immersive atmosphere that transports you away from your normal lives . They're starting to get there, but they've got a LONG way to go.
I couldn't disagree with you more.

bubbles1812

What @GLaDOS said. I'm honestly questioning whether you've been to Universal at all. To call their rides nearly as low as carnival level is ridiculous an utter BS at that. I won't go on carnival rides. They seem unsafe to me. And tacky. There isn't anything like that at Universal. Not to mention, they have several highly themed areas besides HP. Nothing engaging? That's crap too. But we get it, you are a DLR homer who thinks nothing else can be good. Please stay in California and thanks for playing

misterID

I have no problem with modified clones. Heck even some exact clones. My issue is copying a whole land. Yes the lands in DL and MK are mostly named the same but they have different looks, rides, layouts, shops, Resturaunts etc.

Carsland being basically picked up and dropped into DHS is what seems wrong to me. I have no problem with RSR being built exactly the same but a whole land - rides, shops, restaurants etc. exactly the same seems wrong.

I love it when a ride or area has a twist or differences, I like modified clones like HM being different in each park. For a person who goes to both coasts it's fun to see the differences on the "same" ride.

I really wish they could repurpose the BLT to a Pixar theme. There could be soemthing really cool there, imo.

As for Dinoland, for the life of me, from the blueprints I saw, I want to say Avatarland is using elements for what was supposed to be used forDinoland, sans the Excavator coaster. That water ride looks ver similar to the Jungle Cruise with Dinosaurs that was planned once.

cjkeating

Have the Avatar project had a negative impact on plans for AK? Whilst not enthusiastic about Avatar I was happy at least something was going to happen at AK, but if has cancelled other projects more akin to the AK theme I would not be happy!

rle4lunch

What @GLaDOS said. I'm honestly questioning whether you've been to Universal at all. To call their rides nearly as low as carnival level is ridiculous an utter BS at that. I won't go on carnival rides. They seem unsafe to me. And tacky. There isn't anything like that at Universal. Not to mention, they have several highly themed areas besides HP. Nothing engaging? That's crap too. But we get it, you are a DLR homer who thinks nothing else can be good. Please stay in California and thanks for playing

On the contrary, I grew up going to WDW nearly every year of my lfe. I never experienced DL until I was 30 years old, when I got stationed out here. I was also in the 'hate DL box' for no reason, like many people that live out east. I found that to be so baseless, I'm almost embarrased by my previous thought processes about DL. I've been to Universal twice, and the rides are great. REread my post. I said the lands aren't engrossing, not the rides. The rides are pretty great. Some really great. As for the theming, it equals Six Flags ish' territory.

You should really invest in a 'jump to conclusions mat', since you're so good at it. I don't fight on these boards, because that is just dumb. Just respect my opinion, and I'll respect yours. thx.
and grow up a bit.

Mike C

I think the biggest reason I've seen that is because of Marvel, since the comic book and (toon lagoon) feel contrasts greatly with the more realistic side of the park with Jurassic Park, Potter, and Lost Continent. Port of Entry at the opening is amazing. Seuss is amazingly themed if you compare it to the Dr. Seuss books they completely nailed it. Virtually nothing is straight in there, just like in the books.

Ripsaw Falls is amazingly themed, Popeye is too, Jurassic Park is spot on to the films, the exterior of Poseidon's and Mythos are excellent, Seuss is spot on. Port of Entry is crammed with details everywhere. The 6 flags comparison I don't see at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom