Disneyhead'71

Which is Six Flag? This:

IMG_2454.jpg

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

K2X6291.jpg

Goofyernmost

Both of those things are examples of Lousy Imagineering.
Actually they are examples of a park that never had to try and be strictly a theme park. There fans do not demand it like Disney fans do. However, they do manage to mix them in and not really be as in your face as a typical 6 flags ride. When one goes to UNI they are able to accept both side by side with out getting their intestines in a twist. That is where some of their future strength is going to come from as long as what they do with the theme's in the rest of the areas is up to snuff. It is! Disney is going to have to beat themselves at their own game if they are going to stay relevant.

They don't seem to care if they increase their core business and gain new people. Someone needs to explain to them that all those people presently there are going to die someday. Better start to appeal to more people or it will be a pretty quiet place.

twebber55

Universal Hulk Queue:
hulk21.jpg

Six Flags latest coaster XFlight:
img_8760_0.jpg

Disneys latest coaster Everest:
everest_queue_courtyard.jpg

Which of these things, is not like the other....

Remember that as a kid. Yeah, I guess Im snorting pixie dust because Uni and Six Flags look like they fit together pretty perfectly.

Universal Hulk Queue:
hulk21.jpg

Six Flags latest coaster XFlight:
img_8760_0.jpg

Disneys latest coaster Everest:
everest_queue_courtyard.jpg

Which of these things, is not like the other....

Remember that as a kid. Yeah, I guess Im snorting pixie dust because Uni and Six Flags look like they fit together pretty perfectly.

you re right you are snorting the dust.....FJ, Spidey, Mummy, ET (one of the great queues), PF incredible..im a dvcer im supposed to be illogical

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Haven't cared enough to go on Spid. since its overhaul. If the queue is anything like the pre overhaul then it screamed of the same plastic feel Mermaid is plagued with.

Well, there aren't plenty of Americans who even visit TDR. In five days at the resort, the only Americans I saw were my friends who now live in Tokyo. Not a one other than that. A handful on Canadians and Aussies.

But most of the people I know go and love it ... it is a classic in the Disney way of old.

None of the other attractions you listed are 'can't misses' by my standards. Storm Rider is decent, but sorta melds with Wild Arctic at SW. Not bad, but not great. And Raging Spirits is a fun little coaster that looks great at night, but only worth riding because of its single rider line. Aquatopia is more fun than it looks. But I may have been enjoying it more because of my friend's wild child 5-year-old son who loved it and made it more of an adventure and the perfectly gloomy day when we rode it with Tokyo Bay just over the horizon.

I don't quite get your DCA/TDS comparison, though.

I'll give you thoughts sooner than you think. ;)

Lord Pheonix

The air hockey table for Lugi's required a huge pit and lots of infrastructure below ground level. It's a big concrete box sunk below ground level - you don't see it in the finished product.
ooooo, you mean the bumper cars thing. ok, that makes sence now. im trying to think why the hell a air hockey table would need a huge concrete box underground when i have one that sits in my attic and hasnt had a problem for years

iheartdisney91

i did think it would draw loads of people, however opening it section by section is lame. i know my family REALLY wants to go back to see the "mine coaster" but who knows when that will be.

Thrill Seeker

I know I'm jumping in here not knowing all the facts on this queue battle, but I say that Universal has some queues that are at least on par and some better than Disney's best queues. Forbidden Journey has the best queue ever. Revenge of the Mummy, ET, MIB and a few others are also excellent queues without interactive games, thus proving a great queue doesn't necessarily need such a thing.

PeterAlt

Looking into my crystal ball, I'm seeing something Madame Leotta never saw...

A Star Wars themed Disney resort hotel. As in All Stars-Star Wars.

This is the direction Bob Iger is steering the company. It may not be in the plans.

Yet.

New company leadership may choose a different course. There's still time.

I definately see this happening as things currently stand. I'm not sure if I like it...

Chartley83

I was impressed with Uni's theming, and the fact it doesn't take 10 years to get a new non meet and greet attraction. The bad part is I love Disney, but I refuse return to the parks until they do something worthwhile. It's a big world with millions of other things to do anyway :)

BryceM

E.T., harry potter, and Spider-Man have the greatest themed queues I have ever seen in my life.
I also really enjoy Mummy, Men In Black, Dragon Challenge, Despicable Me, Dr. Doom's Fear Fall, Flight of the Hippogriff, The Cat in the Hat, Poseidon's Fury and Popeye.

Dragon Challenge's queue used to be so amazing before it was changed to Potter. The moving stained glass window and the ice room were my favorite parts of the queue. I still like it, but it's definitely not what it used to be...

jmuboy

I'd be okay if all star movies changed out some themes for PotC, Marvel, and Star Wars area. Add those, keep Toy Story and Fantasia. Would actually make this dud of a hotel a little better

And why isn't all star sports more ESPN themed? If they are gonna brand why not do it where it makes sense and adds value.

Plus it's would allow WDW and TDO to remain in their comfort zone - hotel construction. And allow them to continue to ignore all that annoying new ride construction.

Looking into my crystal ball, I'm seeing something Madame Leotta never saw...

A Star Wars themed Disney resort hotel. As in All Stars-Star Wars.

This is the direction Bob Iger is steering the company. It may not be in the plans.

Yet.

New company leadership may choose a different course. There's still time.

I definately see this happening as things currently stand. I'm not sure if I like it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom