Al Lutz: Carsland for WDW, FLE not Bringing in Guests

dhall

I think the whimsical theming would be that this is visiting Pixar Studios where the cartoons are "filmed". So all these characters would be found there, where they work and the rides are the "soundstages" where the movies are filmed. Compare to the "This is Sportscenter" commercials where you have mascots and sports stars hanging out on the ESPN campus for humor sake, even though that is clearly not what exists in reality.

I worked at a competitor of ESPN's (website) 16 years ago. We had an internet radio station, and it wasn't unusual to see athletes in the building on their way to and from the studio, or to and from meetings with people working on their websites, etc. One time, I was at the urinal when the former coach of my favorite team (who did a terrible job and ran the team into the ground) came up to the next urinal. I resisted the temptation to turn and greet him.

Alien

Well- the "new" FL doesn't appeal to me.:( I am looking forward to the mine train when it's all complete. I just thought the idea of opening up in phases was just plain wrong!:mad:The only thing I'm interested in is the BOG restaurant, and you HAVE to book it or before the 180 mark! Ridiculous!:(
yeah phases kinda makes sense when opening new parks, but just an expansion seems like over kill
they did start construction and planning later on the 7 dwarfs coaster so its not like they had much of a choice

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
While people are staring at their phones, the whole world passes them by and they don't even see it.
... unless they happen to snap a photo of it on their iPhone.
And don't even get me started on 2 people (can't even just say teens anymore) texting one another from opposite sides of THE SAME ROOM.

George

Liker of Things
I guess I'm in a minority and I'm not talking about my Micronesian-Andorran ancestry. I think Avland would be a wonderful addition to DAK. I also think a Pixar place expansion would be great for DHS. It sounds like Disney is treating these as mutually exclusive things though which makes me sad.

Buried20KLeague

Sinbad looks great - but isn't that popular of an attraction. Looks aren't everything...

That's true, and I have NO idea why. Zero. We rode it probably 9 times in one day and it was a walk on each time. We considered it the best attraction in Disney Sea and tied for first at the whole resort with poohs hunny hunt.

I say sincerely... If we were to find out it were closing for good for some reason, we would book a second trip to Japan to experience it again... Even with the cost of airfare. It's that amazing.

orky8

I know you just joined, but we've been seriously discussing the possibility of Carsland coming to WDW since August, and I've yet to see construction start or even have our insiders tell us its been green-lit. I'm unaware of any project being "fast-tracked" by Disney.

MaryJaneP

Fasttrack???? If it is anything like the "Fast track" at Tomorrowland Speedway, we should maybe see one of these projects by 2020. Nah, on second thought, both will be shelved forever.

Adam5897

Seeing the parks outside the U.S. especially Tokyo Disney Sea makes me very, very angry. I also feel taken advantage of. I wish everyone knew what Disney Sea looks like so they knew how bad the were getting ripped off. If we are paying top dollar than we should be given the best and we are not getting that. TDO figures if it is "good enough" that people will keep coming back but I think for true change with maintenance, new attractions, and the parks overall for the better, people need to stop going. After my trip In April (which I am still very excited for regardless because I have not been in years) I do not know if I am going to go again a year later like I planned. Or maybe even a few years. I might just go to Disneyland because they have shown obvious change and actually have new things to offer and believe in quality.

WDW1974

Don't insult the World of Motion animatronics. :) Seriously, though, I've never understood why Peter Pan is ridiculously crowded. It's a simple dark ride with a fun ride system, that's it. It's a short ride and is virtually static with black lighting. How it consistently has a line that rivals any of the longest in park is beyond me.

Pan is a quintessential Disney experience ... just like Dumbo (even though Aladdin or Triceratops are the same ride). You are flying over London out to Never land. It is an only in Disney deal. And while WDW's version is falling apart and filthy, the rides in Anaheim, Paris and Tokyo all look like they opened yesterday (and have updated effects, although not high tech by any neans).

There is a real magic to it.

Mermaid is just plastic crap. If folks like it more than Pan, then that's their taste. We all like different things.

Personally, I'd love a 21st century take on Pan, but we'll never get that.

WDW1974

The travel barrier still exists.. people back east still in large stay on the east coast or carribean. There is nothing like Yosimite, or the Grand Canyon out here.. yet most never go see it... but still make annual vacations. Or ski in Pennsylvania or NY instead of going to CO or WY.

It disgusts me, but many East coast residents or Midwesterners are simply afraid to travel west of the Mississippi. It's like they think California is another country and it scares them. The west is so beautiful and has so much diversity and things to do. Florida has beaches and theme parks -- and pretty damn good ones at that. But that's largely it. And I say that having spent much of my life here.

It astounds me when I see/hear someone has taken 36 trips to WDW resorts since 1995 and hasn't ever been to DLR or anywhere else of note ... at some point it does come down to being very afraid of experiencing anything out of their comfort zones. only explanation ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom