Al Lutz: Carsland for WDW, FLE not Bringing in Guests

prfctlyximprct

You're missing out. Not only on Disneyland but a plethora of other things to do in the state of California. I could create a list of things to do that would last you more than a month in CA. Oh well.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit California, I just think there'd be too many other places to see that I'd pick over Disneyland if I made the trip out west.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No offense but as someone said...if they really wanted to do Avatar, the land is already fairly prepped... So at this point it's not a matter of Disney's "slow process" but that TDO/Burbank has not green lit it. Per insiders it may even be fizzling...again. Sayinh it's just a few years away from appearing is decidedly false. If it actually gets green lit its probably 2018 at the earliest. Especially if Carsland actually gets green lot. Also, there are many examples where Disney got to the point they are at with Avatar only to have them not get built. Having plans or yes even land prep isn't a guarantee. Not saying it won't happen but I think some of your assumptions are wrong.

Also the talk of Festoval of the Lion King are much more rumor than fact at this point. If it does move, it won't be for quite a long time.

I would say it's a notch beyond rumor since that have submitted plans for the move and gotten approval from the South Florida Water Management District.

Californian Elitist

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit California, I just think there'd be too many other places to see that I'd pick over Disneyland if I made the trip out west.

Well that's the point. One isn't supposed to spend more than a week at the Disneyland Resort, and even a week is a little too long. Disneyland is an attraction, California is the destination.

Disneyhead'71

I would say it's a notch beyond rumor since that have submitted plans for the move and gotten approval from the South Florida Water Management District.
And since then they submitted plans to add FastPass+ to the existing FotLK Arena. But yes there are even blueprints of the new FotLK arena floating around. And they have already started demolition for Hyperion Wharf!

RSoxNo1

I understand your sentiment. However, MK alone has a dozen attractions that are better than JotLM. JotLM is not even the best attraction in Fantasyland. (I am looking forward to SDMT.) BOG is a perfectly serviceable restaurant but not something my family has any plans to visit again in the foreseeable future. Everything else, well, is forgettable. All things considered, let me suggest that, given its prime location, there probably were about 100 better things they could have done with that space. Therefore, in defense of @Adam5897, it really is a waste of some incredibly valuable space.
I have no idea what attraction you would consider better than JotLM. An argument can be made for it's a small world or PhilharMagic, but I simply can't comprehend any other argument. Now, if you're going to argue that JotLM isn't as good as E.T. or Cat in the Hat, I would say those are much better arguments.

Believe me, I think the Villains concept that was proposed several years ago would have been far more intriguing, but I just don't think "waste of space" is accurate. It was a needed expansion, it was visually well executed, but it lacked a true E-ticket. Just because land is used for something other than E-tickets doesn't mean it's a poor use of land.

prfctlyximprct

Well that's the point. One isn't supposed to spend more than a week at the Disneyland Resort, and even a week is a little too long. Disneyland is an attraction, California is the destination.

Exactly what I mean. I don't have the desire to visit California as a whole yet, so no Disneyland yet.

doctornick

I could foresee a Luigi Flying Tires spinner ride in our future. Hopefully not, but, entirely possibly. (No pun intended)

I've said before if they want to make a simple/cheap/workable alternative to LFT, they can just make it into a teacups ride. Make the vehicles tires and have them spin. Put in two turntables for increased capacity. That would be cheaper and take up less space than LFT from DCA and, honestly, would together with Mater's be a needed family ride for DHS.

On the topic of Cars Land in general, can we still hope/assume that even if it is greenlit that some sort of Monster's Inc themed attraction is going into Soundstage 1? You don't need that space for Cars Land and it would make sense that if it is going to truly be "Pixar Place" that more than just Toy Story and Cars are used for theming.

Alien

Avatar 2 won't hit the theaters until 2015. They don't even have a script done yet. They are hoping to start shooting by the end of 2013.

I actually would like to see what the Imagineers could do with Pandora. Not so sure about being in Animal Kingdom. But at this point I would just like to see them build something big. In any of the parks. I just think that Avatar isn't going to happen.
hmmm.... idk

cheezbat

Oddly enough Universal Orlando was also slammed. The TMs there were equally as shocked.

I was there today and the waits for all the big rides were between 20-40 minutes. Islands was pretty crowded.

I think this is the case at all the Orlando theme parks right now.

ParentsOf4

I have no idea what attraction you would consider better than JotLM. An argument can be made for it's a small world or PhilharMagic, but I simply can't comprehend any other argument.
How about also Peter Pan? Winnie the Pooh? Seriously, what attraction in Fantasyland is worse than JotLM with its bright colors & cheap plastic feel (reminds me of the old front displays at Disney mall stores), already non-functional animatronics, overbearing lighting (great for seeing all the duct work on the ceiling), and lack of intimacy (something that's almost a given on a dark ride). Let's not forget the completely muddled plot. (Is Ursula a 'good' or 'bad' witch?) Obviously they didn't want to scare JotLM target audience of 5-year-old girls so they turned up the lights and completely eliminated all threatening aspects of Ursula.

JotLM is a mess. Nice queue though.

Alien

How about also Peter Pan? Winnie the Pooh? Seriously, what attraction in Fantasyland is worse than JotLM with its bright colors & cheap plastic feel (reminds me of the old front displays at Disney mall stores), already non-functional animatronics, overbearing lighting (great for seeing all the duct work on the ceiling), and lack of intimacy (something that's almost a given on a dark ride). Let's not forget the completely muddled plot. (Is Ursula a 'good' or 'bad' witch?) Obviously they didn't want to scare JotLM target audience of 5-year-old girls so they turned up the lights and completely eliminated all threatening aspects of Ursula.

JotLM is a mess. Nice queue though.

peter pan needs to go
and Winnie the pooh does too
I love ur point about the queue being the only nice thing about the ride

Genie of the Lamp

So will nothing happen to the BLT if the plans for Carsland now get green lit? Cause no one seems to be saying that it would go as a result of this, just LMA. I would like to see that go just as much as LMA! but IMHO they both need to go; that way they can have at least some space to work with there and make it as full scale as possible. Since they ain't gonna put in Luigi's in this case, at least it opens the possibility at the very least to put in the MI Coaster/Dark ride that's been long rumored to go along with RSR and MJJ in this expansion.

ThemeParks4Life

So will nothing happen to the BLT if the plans for Carsland now get green lit? Cause no one seems to be saying that it would go as a result of this, just LMA. I would like to see that go just as much as LMA! but IMHO they both need to go; that way they can have at least some space to work with there and make it as full scale as possible. Since they ain't gonna put in Luigi's in this case, at least it opens the possibility at the very least to put in the MI Coaster/Dark ride that's been long rumored to go along with RSR and MJJ in this expansion.

BLT would have to go too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom