News Ahsoka coming to Star Tours

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Bob very publicly said it was his idea after seeing the first sequel do $2B at the Box Office.

But... nice KK conspiracy!!
You know I love you Penguin, but I brought receipts.

“Kathleen Kennedy, her point of view was, there are way more Disney Star Wars stories ahead of us than behind us. So we really should think about, do we want to build a Tatooine and build what all the 50-somethings remember Star Wars is? Or do we want to build something else which is going to appeal to all the upcoming generations who are going to know the new stories?

“And that day, Tatooine was killed at the studios, and all those concepts were put on a shelf. And I’m sure they’re sitting in a vault, and I’m sure people are going to be shown someday — about what that land would have looked like and what the attractions were going to be.”

-former Walt Disney World Resort Vice President Dan Cockerell

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bring receipts next time.

“Kathleen Kennedy, her point of view was, there are way more Disney Star Wars stories ahead of us than behind us. So we really should think about, do we want to build a Tatooine and build what all the 50-somethings remember Star Wars is? Or do we want to build something else which is going to appeal to all the upcoming generations who are going to know the new stories?

“And that day, Tatooine was killed at the studios, and all those concepts were put on a shelf. And I’m sure they’re sitting in a vault, and I’m sure people are going to be shown someday — about what that land would have looked like and what the attractions were going to be.”

-former Walt Disney World Resort Vice President Dan Cockerell
And yet Bob publicly took credit for making SWL adhere to the sequels.

Where in this 'receipt' of yours does it say that "KK pushed Bob" and "Bob didn't care", which is what you claimed?

monothingie

Premium Member
And yet Bob publicly took credit for making SWL adhere to the sequels.

Where in this 'receipt' of yours does it say that "KK pushed Bob" and "Bob didn't care", which is what you claimed?
Bob taking credit for something?? Stop the presses.

Read the transcript of his interview then get back to me. KK was the driving force behind pushing Bob. Everyone was on board with the original design until KK made noise.

Hindsight and such…oh well.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Read the transcript of his interview then get back to me. KK was the driving force behind pushing Bob. Everyone was on board with the original design until KK made noise.
You said you had receipts. The receipt you showed did not say that KK pushed Bob. Nor did it say Bob didn't care.

I pointed that out to you, and now you're ignoring your lack of receipt which you said you had with a sleight of goal posts.

monothingie

Premium Member
You said you had receipts. The receipt you showed did not say that KK pushed Bob. Nor did it say Bob didn't care.

I pointed that out to you, and now you're ignoring your lack of receipt which you said you had with a sleight of goal posts.
Per the interview.

SWGE is OT
KK meets with Bob
SWGE becomes ST

This was not a conspiracy theory as you incorrectly initially claimed. KK actions convinced Bob to change course of development. Your position has now shifted into arguing semantics. At this point you can choose to ignore what was said by a senior executive at TWDC or not.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
KK made that call. Bob may have agreed but she’s the reason for better or for worse.
When KK was receiving heat for it, Bob publicly said it was his decision.

That doesn't mean that KK could have agreed or even suggested it first. But Bob publicly took the blame. Based on TFA's $2B BO.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
First it was “bob was the reason” now it’s “well, actually bob publicly took the blame” nice goal post movement
"Bob publicly took the blame," is what I've been saying.

I did not say Bob (alone) was the reason. That's you fabricating a different goal post.

SamusAranX

I did not say Bob (alone) was the reason. That's you fabricating a different goal post.
Then why your consternation that there was no “proof” that KK had the idea originally? Because you wanted to prove that it was Igers idea not just a matter of “taking credit”

monothingie

Premium Member
Bob very publicly said it was his idea after seeing the first sequel do $2B at the Box Office.

But... nice KK conspiracy!!

Then why your consternation that there was no “proof” that KK had the idea originally? Because you wanted to prove that it was Igers idea not just a matter of “taking credit”

erasure fan1

Realistically I'm not sure why anyone really wants to defend Kennedys as Lucasfilm president. She's done some good, and a whole bunch of mediocre to bad. And no matter what you think of the sequels, star wars has never been so split. Indy was a train wreck, Willow was so bad they deep sixed it. There's a huge divide between fans and Lucasfilm so at this point she just needs move on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom