News Ahsoka coming to Star Tours

SamusAranX

Moving to the topic at hand, I actually am glad Disney is adding these scenes. If even getting Star Tours to a 30 minute wait for new scenes happens, it’s a victory for a park sorely lacking in capacity. It’s also a nice gesture that they are investing in a legacy attraction rather then lazily retheming it to “Tours with Moana: Journey into YOUR Ocean”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Then why your consternation that there was no “proof” that KK had the idea originally? Because you wanted to prove that it was Igers idea not just a matter of “taking credit”
I never said KK never had the idea.

With whatever went down with Iger and KK, I know Bob's side of the story. He said it was his decision.

Period.

If you want to interpret that I'm saying "Therefore, KK had nothing to do with it, she's an innocent bystander"... that's a you problem.

And if it seems I'm defending KK, I'm not. Bob Iger is when he said it was his decision.

We just had someone say that KK pushed him into it and Iger didn't care. How do you push someone into doing something they didn't care about it? And then what would make that person take responsibility for it?

Iger was making a "the buck stops here" declaration when people were dogpiling on KK. It's reasonable that KK was also on the side of going with the sequels. She saw the Box Office, too.

But it's KK derangement syndrome to make it sound like she was the only one who wanted it and she practically broke arms to make it happen.

erasure fan1

Moving to the topic at hand, I actually am glad Disney is adding these scenes. If even getting Star Tours to a 30 minute wait for new scenes happens, it’s a victory for a park sorely lacking in capacity. It’s also a nice gesture that they are investing in a legacy attraction rather then lazily retheming it to “Tours with Moana: Journey into YOUR Ocean”
Well, outside of the novelty of it being the falcon, I actually liked stat tours more than FotF. That seems to be the overwhelming sentiment of people I know who have ridden both. I think Disney knows star tours is a better overall experience for the people riding, so they just keep updating it. No sense in spending the cash on retheming at this point anyway.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Reminder - the new scenes arrive on Star Tours tomorrow, April 5.

IMG_EDD7416CA0D1-1.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do we know how many scenes were added and for which parts?
As part of your new mission, you may also encounter transmissions from the stars of Ahsoka, Andor, and The Mandalorian - Ahsoka Tano, Cassian Andor, Din Djarin, and Grogu.
With these additions, you'll now have an opportunity to experience one of more than 250 storyline variations aboard the attraction, including a visit to the planet Peridea and Seatos from the Ahsoka series. There is also an encounter with the hyperspace whales.

SplashJacket

As part of your new mission, you may also encounter transmissions from the stars of Ahsoka, Andor, and The Mandalorian - Ahsoka Tano, Cassian Andor, Din Djarin, and Grogu.
With these additions, you'll now have an opportunity to experience one of more than 250 storyline variations aboard the attraction, including a visit to the planet Peridea and Seatos from the Ahsoka series. There is also an encounter with the hyperspace whales.

That’s disappointing…

Makes sense that they were emphasizing Ashoka given the end result.

Definitely leaves a lot of room for another Mando-focused attraction or for Falcon to get refocused to Mando down the line.

doctornick

Love having a bunch of new planets. Not really feeling Mando/Grogu being on there as they make no sense with the context of the having a rebel spy on board. Would rather have seen a visit to Navarro (or maybe the watery planet Trask) as part of a Mando tie in

BrianLo

That’s disappointing…

Makes sense that they were emphasizing Ashoka given the end result.

Definitely leaves a lot of room for another Mando-focused attraction or for Falcon to get refocused to Mando down the line.

I’d anticipate that leaves open room for another updated tie in with the Mando movie.

It seems these updates get partially funded by the studios marketing budgets or something. Hence why we keep getting them.

BrianLo

Three new holograms and at least three new fly-through scenes (planetary and spacery).

Is it Three? Or one ‘segment’ with three locations covered.

Do we know if it’s a chapter two or a chapter four (ending) segment?

Edit- I found my answer. It’s one Chapter 4 ending segment. One chapter one sub of Ahsoka for Han Solo, and three new chapter 3 transmissions.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom