News Ahsoka coming to Star Tours

aladdin2007

This is fantastic news!
Characters that no-one asked for and no-one cares about shoehorned into a 30+ year old ride!
I can feel the excitement and anticipation!
I can only imagine that the wait times will explode to 5 minutes instead of walk on!
I feel the same way, not everyone has disney plus and it seems like a giant plus advertisement. Slowly but surely they are turning the parks into plus content taking over attractions, its in the moment and not long lasting enduring decisions. I feel like Disney seems to be working toward the parks being for plus subscribers only and ousted will be passholders and other ticket holders.

Last edited:

J4546

Star Tours is great but it use to be amazing. The tech is old and with MFSR right down the way in Galaxy's Edge it is essential the same type of ride. There are a few reasons it is still around...

Is there a deal with George Lucas that was signed upon development that it never closes that we don't know about. Like Spielberg and ET over at Universal.

Disney needs attractions and occupancy in HS so it stays for now and I think that is what we are seeing.

Disney has no idea what to do with it is is another likely scenario. I would love to see it turned into a zany muppets ride and become part of that land but it's a little too far removed to connect without major changes

Lastly, Disney certainly has no idea what to do with this section of the park, but with a Indy ride going into DAK now does this open up a large area for further expansion? Yes I know the stunt show is a crowd gobbler that the park needs and I love it just like you all do. But the park is not about the studios anymore. Yes, I also know that an expansion/redo of Animation Courtyard is desperately needed before this area. But in 2035 (knowing how slow Disney moves) this space does open up a huge track of land for something new. And that is without moving and backstage for even more.

View attachment 742122
dont forget the massive parking lot behind it which you could easily expand onto.....really a massive space with so many possibilites.....but prob wont be used for a decade or more. And also like oyu said Animation Courtyard area expansion is much more needed

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I feel the same way, not everyone has disney plus, slowly but surely they are turning the parks into plus content taking over attractions, its in the moment, not long lasting enduring decisions. I feel like Disney seems to be working toward the parks being for plus subscribers only and ousted will be passholders and other ticket holders.
DHS is a perfect place to showcase POPULAR characters. Unfortunately, those popular characters aren't on current D+ offerings right now.

Ashoka and whomever else may be current characters, but aside from a cartoon and an extremely low rated D+ show, no one knows or cares about her.

Put Han and Chewie together? How about De-Aged Luke? Obi-Wan? Hell I'd settle for Jar-Jar. Maybe get that wait time up to 15 minutes?

doctornick

This is fantastic news!
Characters that no-one asked for and no-one cares about shoehorned into a 30+ year old ride!
I can feel the excitement and anticipation!
I can only imagine that the wait times will explode to 5 minutes instead of walk on!

I get you are being sarcastic, but I do think this is fantastic news. I'm excited to see updates from those shows as I've really enjoyed them and do love the characters (well, not really from Andor, but even it is okay). And Star Tours despite its age really hold up. And the random elements makes it feels fresh all the time. So, couple that with a shorter wait and it is definitely something I ride multiple times on each trip to WDW.

Star Tours is a great example of what they should be doing for the parks.

Horizonsfan

Again. Why do you have that expectation? There are plenty of rides in WDW that are not "meant to be updated over time."
WDI promoted the reprogramming ability when the ride debuted. I believe they already altered some gameplay to include newer characters like Trixie.

They’re not going to update TSMM because they see no benefit to passing attractions that still command 60+ minute waits regularly (and is not “problematic”). They’re not wrong in that thinking, but that’s not how they used to operate.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Because it's a motion simulator, it stands up because the scenes are random. IMHO, Falcon is already stale.

I get you are being sarcastic, but I do think this is fantastic news. I'm excited to see updates from those shows as I've really enjoyed them and do love the characters (well, not really from Andor, but even it is okay). And Star Tours despite its age really hold up. And the random elements makes it feels fresh all the time. So, couple that with a shorter wait and it is definitely something I ride multiple times on each trip to WDW.

Star Tours is a great example of what they should be doing for the parks.
I love the playful and fun nature of Star Tours. It's a ride that pokes fun at itself and when done well it can be a great experience.

Shoehorning Rey or Ashoka or Maz into some contrived scenic fetch quest sort of ruin that fun, even with the banter between C3PO and R2.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You're just jealous that the control aren't flipper friendly.
1709665657835.png

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Ahsoka and Din Djarin are two of the most popular characters outside of the main movies. We're only talking about added scenes so I don't think Disney is expecting this to turn around Star Tours nor absorb huge numbers for Hollywood Studios. This feels more like a fan service thing.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Again. Why do you have that expectation? There are plenty of rides in WDW that are not "meant to be updated over time."
Because the lead Imagineer and others that worked on the project have said so. Screen-based games are easy to update and change out

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom