Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

TRONorail12

They use it as event space, so if your company rents out Adventureland for the night, food and drinks will be in this space. I don't think it was ever decommissioned from food service (probably not up to date computer wise,) but still able to kick out hot and cold food to some extent.
The Adventureland Veranda kitchen is used to prep food for Stands West. Stands west includes all of the permanent food stands in Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square. The Veranda kitchen and Liberty Tree kitchen are completely separate.

Figments Friend

I'd love to have a mouth watering meal at the new Veranda. They should offer the 70's-80's food as part of a super secret menu

Yeah, that would be nice.
70s - 80s food portions and pricing....yes please....

;)

The place would be the most popular spot to dine on Property, exspecially if they went with a interior design statement that suggested those same decades.
Mmm...'avacado green' and 'rust orange'...

:D

Communicore

;)

The place would be the most popular spot to dine on Property, exspecially if they went with a interior design statement that suggested those same decades.

I want the good old Tomorrowland Terrace orange color scheme back.

omurice

^orange decor at TT was this when it was called the Plaza Pavillion? Honestly hard to remember! I do remember orange uniforms on the CMs (either here or at old TT before it was Ray's). But no matter the color - they do need to re-imagine TT Noodle Station back into something useful, better than seasonal. The 49 dessert party probably means not going to happen, but still hey they could open from 11AM to 7:30PM at least...

On topic - Can't wait to see if rumors about new theming for AV are true. They sound so close to the rumors for that shop (next to passthru) before we knew it was a Sunglass Hut (when it was described as a gift shop with Jungle Cruise theme and other AL merch) so I'm twice shy about this rumor. Still hopeful :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 21. Construction walls are up on both sides of Sunshine Tree Terrace (which is still open for business) to facilitate construction of the new Adventureland Veranda restaurant.

The view from the Adventureland bridge.

IMG_5320.JPG

The view from Swiss Family Treehouse.

IMG_5321.JPG

The back side of the Adventureland Veranda connects to the Liberty Tree Tavern. Both projects are in work together, as seen in the below photos of the behind the scenes view of Liberty Tree Tavern. This view was taken from the smoking area just outside of the Adventureland bridge, looking through the trees. The back side of Liberty Tree Tavern was always visible from this area, but the rear façade now has been "removed" to facilitate upgrades for both projects. The green "shutters" on the left are part of the veranda.

IMG_5318.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

Unplugged

Well, if they manage to get it done by the end of the year, it should be announced around November.

BTW - Anyone know when they're going to announce the hub project? :D

CaptainAmerica

;)

You think the current food portions are too small/expensive? I struggle to finish a WDW meal and I don't really see it as much more than you'd pay at any Panera.

CaptainAmerica

Do you work for Disney? Maybe in their marketing department?
I'll complain about lack of value where I don't see value. Rack rates at any resort? Overpriced. Discounted rates at the Poly, Grand, and All Star? Overpriced. Dining plan? Overpriced and poorly constructed (who wants desert at EVERY meal?). But for a regular quick-service meal at just about any location, I can spend about $10 and be good and properly full. I was particularly impressed that I could get some quite delicious green beans at Cosmic Ray's instead of french fries last week.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'll complain about lack of value where I don't see value. Rack rates at any resort? Overpriced. Discounted rates at the Poly, Grand, and All Star? Overpriced. Dining plan? Overpriced and poorly constructed (who wants desert at EVERY meal?). But for a regular quick-service meal at just about any location, I can spend about $10 and be good and properly full. I was particularly impressed that I could get some quite delicious green beans at Cosmic Ray's instead of french fries last week.

Dodged the question. Typical TDO plant move. Are you or are you not paid by Team Disney Orlando to monitor these message boards and squash all opposition?

:cautious:

CaptainAmerica

Dodged the question. Typical TDO plant move. Are you or are you not paid by Team Disney Orlando to monitor these message boards and squash all opposition?

:cautious:
Well my yard is a swamp from the four feet of snow that only finished melting about a week ago. So if I'm a TDO plant, someone forgot to tell the New England weather that it's supposed to be 70 degrees in February, not 15 and blizzardy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom