Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

wdrive

yea I would. I've cleaned up names written in poop on the wall, toilets literally covered in both poop and or blood, soap running in puddles from the sinks, Out of service urinal covers filled with urine from people peeing on it, Flooded floors from people flushing entire rolls of TP all at once to purposely flood the bathroom, trash cans in ADA stalls covered in urine, Companion restrooms that had to be aired out because someone smoked pot in it (always the one by studio catering company), boogers on the mirrors........shale I go on?

No need to I've done it all myself ;)

dreamfinder

Since the reports about the food are not great, can I walk up to the podium and buy just a copper mug?

When we were there in January, the mugs were indefinitely out of stock. Haven't heard if this has changed or not. Our server (who may be only slightly more reliable than our bus driver) informed us the buyer who ordered the mugs was no longer with WDW, and apparently no one could figure out where they ordered from to order a new batch. I'm a bit shocked that their procurement system would take more than a few mouse clicks to figure that out, so take it with a grain of salt.

Steel City Magic

Was there on tuesday this past week, arrived at 3 pm and was the only guest in the SEA room. It was great, also once I started asking questions, my 'skipper' dropped the act and started talking to me like a normal person. S.E.A. shu mai was very tasty, as was the kungaloosh. The icing on the cake however was that my entire meal was free since the card machine was down when I tried to pay.
I may make this a must stop every time I'm in MK

Dad 2 M & M

When we were there in January, the mugs were indefinitely out of stock. Haven't heard if this has changed or not. Our server (who may be only slightly more reliable than our bus driver) informed us the buyer who ordered the mugs was no longer with WDW, and apparently no one could figure out where they ordered from to order a new batch. I'm a bit shocked that their procurement system would take more than a few mouse clicks to figure that out, so take it with a grain of salt.
Supposedly, the mugs were "lost at Sea" and will return soon in plastic form....no more copper

Matt_Black

no more copper

copper+fox+and+the+hound.png

DisneyPrincess5

Maybe part of the problem is that many people/parties, for a variety of reasons, WANT to book things 180 in advance and set those ADRs early?

One example-if you have the DDP, you may want those ADRs set and ready to go. If Skippers isn't able to book early or is a gamble, people may neglect it or not want to take the risk of it being open the day they're thinking of going. If it's full, there goes a TS credit that they have to scramble to fill.

If you cannot book Skippers Canteen early, maybe some people/parties either deliberately or accidentally over look it.

olie64

Maybe part of the problem is that many people/parties, for a variety of reasons, WANT to book things 180 in advance and set those ADRs early?

One example-if you have the DDP, you may want those ADRs set and ready to go. If Skippers isn't able to book early or is a gamble, people may neglect it or not want to take the risk of it being open the day they're thinking of going. If it's full, there goes a TS credit that they have to scramble to fill.

If you cannot book Skippers Canteen early, maybe some people/parties either deliberately or accidentally over look it.

This is why we aren't eating there. We do dinning plan just so that everything basically paid for when we walk in the door, for us it is easier.(don't want to get into is it worth it, there just my wife and I so right now it come out about even) If we could book it with the other reservations we would be more likely to try and eat there but its to much of a risk to wait till the same day.

halltd

...but its to much of a risk to wait till the same day.
There really is no risk since there's never a wait, but I can see your point. It's too bad because the restaurant really is unique. I had hit or miss service a while back, but my most recent visit was awesome. The mac and cheese was soooooooo good! And the deserts always are amazing.

note2001

There really is no risk since there's never a wait, but I can see your point. It's too bad because the restaurant really is unique. I had hit or miss service a while back, but my most recent visit was awesome. The mac and cheese was soooooooo good! And the deserts always are amazing.
Fair bet to say that folks looking for a table service lunch in the MK already have their reservations made at one of the many locations which require a 1 day advance cancellation, or face the fine. There's a gap between the cancellation of that reservation, and booking a new one at AV that will leave them feeling uncomfortable not knowing if they'll have a table, or if it will fit their schedule. What Disney needs to do is open up reservations to 48 hours ahead of time and get rid of that gap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom