Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

aprincessatlasst

Okay, I've lurked for quite a while just taking in the info from this site, but YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME HERE. You have gone to two places in Canada and now you are an expert on restaurant selection in our country? Have you been to Vancouver proper? It is well known as a great city for food. You can find literally anything you want. Authentic, inauthentic, cheap, refined, familiar, or adventurous. Vancouver has it all. Perhaps you just didn't look very hard? Also, I lived for 20 years in the Midwest and while the selection in my hometown is growing as of late, it does not hold a candle to Vancouver.

I think perhaps my point was lost in translation. No I have visited more than 2 places in Canada. It was the whole from here to there reference. Canada is amazing and absolutely beautiful. My point was to the previous poster about making generalizations. It would not be fair for me to assume all of Canada has terrible food base on my experiences of the restaurants or locations that I visited or to assume that all food in Canada has been "Canadanized" as pp put it. His statement was a full broad generalization and offensive, sorry did not mean mine to be but to show how ridiculous that generalization would be based off one persons personal experiences. I have no doubt that many places in the country have great food! My trips though did not, just an excuse to go back.

wdwfan22

So guests still only want basic food. Why so many guests got to be so basic?

That's going to be my new in park tag line when a guest Is acting all six flags.

Hey bro why you so damn basic?

Well I think Disney wants the restaurant to be popular and booked solid, which currently isn't the case. For me the décor in the restaurant was to basic to warrant the prices being charged. I feel they should have done better in the theming of the restaurant. I personally don't believe the menu is the problem.

Nmoody1

From the site that can't be named, a radical menu change is coming due to guests not liking the different menu.

Great... just what the kingdom needs.... more dumbed down food for dumb people.

I can't wait to dive into a skipper burger with jungle fries.

Admittedly I did think the menu was a bit out there... but it's nice to have something different. I give Tiffins 3 months!

note2001

I'm curious, since there are multiple kitchens all sharing the same space, if one person in the party just wants the good old generic mac -n- cheese from say LTT, would they be able to get some from the kitchen or would they be stuck with AV's version?

habuma

Now you see...I'm looking forward to eating at Skipper Canteen on Friday with the current menu (hope it doesn't change before then). And I just don't understand why some think that the menu is so different, adventurous, or exotic. It's chicken breast, steak, macaroni & cheese...each with a mildly unique twist, but still fairly basic food choices. Before it opened, I was expecting a *MUCH* more exotic menu and was surprised at what we got.

I don't get it.

Also, as much as I have mixed feelings about making ADRs 180 days in advance, maybe the reason it's not filled up is because the average guest either doesn't know about it or, because it's not an option 180 days in advance, can't fit it into their schedule the day when they're in the park. Maybe it's not the menu that keeps people away...maybe it's the inconsistent reservation story between Skipper Canteen and other table service restaurants.

wdwgreek

That must be some impressive audio loop if it took 3 months to notice this.
Yes there was a dreamfinder quote asking where he can park his blimp. He also hums imagination. I think my skipper said it was an an hour and 40 minute loop. The entire place is stuffed with references.

matt9112

Well I think Disney wants the restaurant to be popular and booked solid, which currently isn't the case. For me the décor in the restaurant was to basic to warrant the prices being charged. I feel they should have done better in the theming of the restaurant. I personally don't believe the menu is the problem.

Nah decor is the least issue Imo if an ally way serves the best food word will get around and people will eat in the ally. Obviously that's a very extreme example but the point is decor is only so much.

Jon81uk

Now you see...I'm looking forward to eating at Skipper Canteen on Friday with the current menu (hope it doesn't change before then). And I just don't understand why some think that the menu is so different, adventurous, or exotic. It's chicken breast, steak, macaroni & cheese...each with a mildly unique twist, but still fairly basic food choices. Before it opened, I was expecting a *MUCH* more exotic menu and was surprised at what we got.

I don't get it.

Also, as much as I have mixed feelings about making ADRs 180 days in advance, maybe the reason it's not filled up is because the average guest either doesn't know about it or, because it's not an option 180 days in advance, can't fit it into their schedule the day when they're in the park. Maybe it's not the menu that keeps people away...maybe it's the inconsistent reservation story between Skipper Canteen and other table service restaurants.

I'm the same, I was expecting a better menu than it was. I think that is the issue, the current menu is too focus on whole cuts of meat with seasoning. So too basic for those that want curry etc but too adventurous for those who want plain steak and fries.
Sanaa always gets lots of reccomendations so there must be a market for curry dishes.
That would be my solution, focus on good curry, stew, stir fry dishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom