Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

Baloo62

I think it is amazing that TDO can leave an area dead for 10? years in the most visited park in the world and then bring it back with great themeing. The inconsistency is well ....... inconsistent.
Actually, Adventureland Veranda closed over 20 years ago! (July '94)!!! I always thought Disney missed a golden opportunity in not re-opening it as a Pirate-themed character meal restaurant during the Jack Sparrow franchise years. Seemed like a no-brainer to me given its location. But I am beyond thrilled at the Jungle Cruise theme!!! I just hope no one takes it for granite. :happy:

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Actually, Adventureland Veranda closed over 20 years ago! (July '94)!!! I always thought Disney missed a golden opportunity in not re-opening it as a Pirate-themed character meal restaurant during the popularity of the Jack Sparrow franchise. Seemed like a no-brainer to me given its location. But I am beyond thrilled at the Jungle Cruise theme!!! I just hope no one takes it for granite. :happy:
My sediments exactly.

*Q*

Actually, Adventureland Veranda closed over 20 years ago! (July '94)!!! I always thought Disney missed a golden opportunity in not re-opening it as a Pirate-themed character meal restaurant during the Jack Sparrow franchise years. Seemed like a no-brainer to me given its location. But I am beyond thrilled at the Jungle Cruise theme!!! I just hope no one takes it for granite. :happy:

It's a great idea, they could probably still pull it off, but I think El Pirata would be a better location for that, instead of on the other side of Adventureland from Caribbean Plaza.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Dec 9. The upper veranda on the building to the left of the Skipper Canteen now has two lounge chairs and multiple parasols.

IMG_7017.JPG

Rosso11

You have no idea how close this idea was to reality. One of my old coworkers at the MK was all set to be one of the managers to the Pirate Themed restaurant at the veranda. She was given some details at the time. Pretty much it was suppose to be the boys version of Cindarella's Royal Table in the eyes of Disney. There was to be some animatronics in the restaurant and heavily themed. Unfortunately last minute the plug was pulled. Not really sure what happened.

Baloo62

It's a great idea, they could probably still pull it off, but I think El Pirata would be a better location for that, instead of on the other side of Adventureland from Caribbean Plaza.
It would indeed...I just figured there was inadequate square footage at El Pirata for a table service character experience.

Baloo62

You have no idea how close this idea was to reality. One of my old coworkers at the MK was all set to be one of the managers to the Pirate Themed restaurant at the veranda. She was given some details at the time. Pretty much it was suppose to be the boys version of Cindarella's Royal Table in the eyes of Disney. There was to be some animatronics in the restaurant and heavily themed. Unfortunately last minute the plug was pulled. Not really sure what happened.
Thanks for sharing that information! Glad to know my Disney intuition is still on fleek.

*Q*

It would indeed...I just figured there was inadequate square footage at El Pirata for a table service character experience.

I could see a couple of ways around that. They could build out into the plaza a little further, take over the jewelry space, take over one or two of the Pecos Bill's rooms, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom