ADR's impossible to get

ann0d

Original Poster
OMG today is my 90 day window so I go online at 6:00 and tried four different resturants and nothing is available. What is up with that? I am so fustrated - is anyone else having this problem. I tried for an hour - tried different times, different number of people. What is the secret?

I can't do the 90+ 10 because my vacation is not booked, still deciding which hotel to stay in, but I want to get my reservations in.

djpoore94

We did our ADR's online yesterday, we were able to do the 90 + 10 however. We got everything we wanted except O'Hana, which doesn't bother me too much. We even got a lunch at LeCellier :slurp:

CAPTAIN HOOK

What is the secret?

I can't do the 90+ 10 because my vacation is not booked, still deciding which hotel to stay in, but I want to get my reservations in.

Perhaps that's where you've gone wrong - your 90 day mark is already taken up by people booking their 90 + 10 several days ago :shrug:

ann0d

Original Poster
Perhaps that's where you've gone wrong - your 90 day mark is already taken up by people booking their 90 + 10 several days ago :shrug:

Yes I am sure it is, but so unfair! I also think you can make multiple reservations so I have heard some people have three or four dinner reservations for the same day. That is a big glitch in the system.

The Mom

Premium Member
This is the way it has been for "locals" ever since "free dining" was instituted. Those of us who take a spur of the moment trip, or who just want to stop in for the day, have very little chance of getting a reservation at ANY WDW TS restaurant.

ann0d

Original Poster
This is the way it has been for "locals" ever since "free dining" was instituted. Those of us who take a spur of the moment trip, or who just want to stop in for the day, have very little chance of getting a reservation at ANY WDW TS restaurant.

Well that stinks too!
I called the dining number (basically to complain! LOL) not that it does any good. She did tell me the 180 days reservations will return in April 2010, not that it does me any good at this point.

DisneyPrincess5

Well that stinks too!
I called the dining number (basically to complain! LOL) not that it does any good. She did tell me the 180 days reservations will return in April 2010, not that it does me any good at this point.
Hmm did she really say April?
It's been reported that the 180 days will be reinstated by the end of October.
I hate when Disney says different things on the same topic :fork:

RetiringIn2005

I called and made my 90+10 ADR's this morning. I was able to get everything I wanted except for Le Cellier for lunch and Mama Melrose for dinner.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
OMG today is my 90 day window so I go online at 6:00 and tried four different resturants and nothing is available. What is up with that? I am so fustrated - is anyone else having this problem. I tried for an hour - tried different times, different number of people. What is the secret?

I have not used the online system yet so I don't know about any special tricks there. I would maybe try calling. I have never had any trouble getting the ADR's we want. In the past, I start calling at 6:45 am until I get an open line and then make them over the phone. The only trouble I have had is when they went to the new system and it took hours to get through to someone on the phone. I would assume that the online system is the same system that the CM's see - but it might not be. I would try calling. I know with free dining right now - the ADR's fill up fast. Good luck!!! :wave:

Clare-DPME

I think 180 is being reinstated in October - which would be for people travelling in April...

Donna - keep trying every few weeks. Like you say people have made multiple resis so hopefully they will start to cancel them.

And for thoses annoying people that don't - means you might actually geta walk in on the day.

ann0d

Original Poster
I think 180 is being reinstated in October - which would be for people travelling in April...

OH that might have been what she meant, I wasn't really paying attention! LOL

Donna - keep trying every few weeks. Like you say people have made multiple resis so hopefully they will start to cancel them.
Well do that!
And for thoses annoying people that don't - means you might actually geta walk in on the day.
LOL - Maybe!

Thanks

Phonedave

That is exactly why they could not get anything.

Because of the 90+10, if you are staying off property, don't have your rooms booked yet, or are staying for a short trip, you get shafted out of ADRs.

Making plans for dining at WDW is no longer fun. It has become a chore.

-dave

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
The ONLY problems I had doing my ADRs was I couldnt get Le Celier for like the first 3 days of my trip. After that it was available everyday after that.

Sorry about your luck.

luvlifeinfl

I would say keep trying. I know at our 90+10 I called 1st thing in the AM and there were 2 places that we could not get in ( Cape May & Grand Fare 1900). I tried everyday and finally after 5 days a opening came up for both.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I agree with phonedave planning Disney dinning has become a chore. We made our ADR's on Saturday morning....got up at 4:45 am to get on line at 5am, their system was so slow it took me an hour to make four reservations and then I lost everything when I went to check out which was right at 6am (central time). :brick: I went back on line then and redid everything and it was quick and easy at 6 am (they must have opened more servers for when the phone lines opened).

We still couldn't get everything we wanted, Ohana on a Christmas Party night was booked until 9:40pm and no Le Cellier for the day we needed. Who wanted to eat a huge dinner at 9:40 at night? We have a short trip planned so we were pretty tight on our schedule, might have been better if we were there longer.

Advice: maybe you should just pick a resort and book to get your 90 + 10 and then you could change your resort later when you know exactly what you what. :wave:

Mystic

Yes I am sure it is, but so unfair! I also think you can make multiple reservations so I have heard some people have three or four dinner reservations for the same day. That is a big glitch in the system.

It's not an issue to have more than one reservation in a day, I actually have a breakfast and dinner reservation in the same day, the issue comes in when people book multiple dinner reservations on the same day and the system is set up to deal with that. If people book multiple reservations for the same time on the same day without cancelling the others, i.e. you make a new one and cancel the old one, the system automatically cancels ALL of your ADRs. It doesn't just cancel the ones that are booked for the same time, it cancels every single reservation you have booked.

ann0d

Original Poster
We still couldn't get everything we wanted, Ohana on a Christmas Party night was booked until 9:40pm and no Le Cellier for the day we needed. Who wanted to eat a huge dinner at 9:40 at night? Totally stinks and your right who wants to eat a huge dinner at that time. We have a short trip planned so we were pretty tight on our schedule, might have been better if we were there longer.

Advice: maybe you should just pick a resort and book to get your 90 + 10 and then you could change your resort later when you know exactly what you what. Well it's too late - I should have thought of that earlier Arrrgggg

I'll keep trying though.

Mystic

I agree with you 100% - getting up at 6 is for the birds! LOL

Actually I called Disney Dining at 10am EST and only had trouble with Liberty Tree for lunch and Tony's for dinner. I got every other restaurant I wanted including my CP dinner restaurant of choice and it's got a really popular narrator that night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom