Additional Info on "The Laugh Floor" storyline

trr313

[quote=olive10tails I wish Disney would revert to their old atttraction days-dark rides, etc. with new technology.

I agree. I wish there were more dark rides. That is what makes Disney so magical to me and I would like for my children to experience the Disney World that I grew up with.

rioriz82

I too think this will be a great attraction for MK. I personally have never seen Turtle Talk, because of the lines and screaming kids, but look forward to experiencing it one day. This attraction sounds like it may be geared to a more older crowd and that suites me just fine.

Just be happy we have something new coming to MK. Besides MGM, MK has been given no new rides in a while and there isn't too much room to expand like there are in the other parks. Personally even though I think the Pixarization of WDW is starting to get a little out of hand, they are now a part of the WDC so we have to get used to it. Just think of the Pixar characters as the next generation of memorable characters like Mickey and the gang! No one is saying Mickey will ever be replaced but each generation has their icons and todays generation is more familiar with Pixar characters than Donald Duck!

CTXRover

I'll admit I'm not super excited for this show from the info released about it thus far, but maybe it will be great. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I think Turtle Talk is neat and there is no doubt kids love it, and this definetely sounds like the next generation of that idea, but I think it works so well because of its smaller, intimate setting. I'm curious to see how this idea will translate into a much bigger setting.

I liked Timekeeper, but it is not something I visited frequently, so if Monsters is something I only visit from time to time and it is of equal quality, then I won't mid the change. I'd rather the Laugh Floor than a closed show used for a meet n greet.

nibblesandbits

biggbird5182 said:
wait, so you'd rather have a clone of the exact same ride from Disneyland than a new attraction using some of the best new technology out there?

I might be a little skeptical at how this attraction fits into Tomorrowland, but I'm not passing judgement yet on something that I haven't even been on yet. I loved Turtle Talk, so I can't wait to see what Disney can do on a much larger scale. Sure, it may be a "rehash" of a concept that's already at the parks, but then again...there are 4 3-D type shows, one in each park, and no one says anything about that.

All I can say, is isn't it a little early to be passing judgement on an attraction that nobody has seen yet?

nibblesandbits

trr313 said:
olive10tails I wish Disney would revert to their old atttraction days-dark rides said:
The problem is that kids nowadays don't care about dark rides and the like. They want adventure and interactivity. They need to be immersed in the story.

Kids these days grew up in a world surrounded by Nintendos and computer games and all these interactive toys, so they wouldn't be as thrilled with a ride along a track just having to stare at stuff.

That's why rides like Buzz are so popular. Because you don't just sit there and look at scenes. You get to play a game! And Turtle Talk is popular because these kids get to talk to Crush and then, OMG!, he actually responds back to them! How cool!!!

So while the dark rides scream Disney and I enjoy the fact that they are there...a new dark ride isn't going to attract kids (and of course, their parents), it's the rides with some kind of interactivity, just like a video game.

(this is not to say that kids don't enjoy the "original" type of Disney rides, it's just that the rides that are most attracting the young set are the ones that immerse them into the attraction itself.)

SirNim

I guess laughter will be the alternative energy source of tomorrow...and Tomorrowland.

I'm reserving judgment until it opens, but I will say that I think the concept of Timekeeper was much better...and much more appropriate. Here's to original "theme park-exclusive" characters and storylines.

Pongo

nibblesandbits said:
So while the dark rides scream Disney and I enjoy the fact that they are there...a new dark ride isn't going to attract kids (and of course, their parents), it's the rides with some kind of interactivity, just like a video game.

Exactly.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Interactive attractions are innovative. They are the next dark-ride. It's just the evolution and progression of the popular theme park attraction that we're witnessing.

KumbaRider

I agree.
This new attraction will be a nice addition to Magic Kingdom. It will offer more variety, and will enhance guests' experiences through the interactive qualities of the show. It's sci-fi elements can justify its location in Tomorrowland, and the characters will be recognizable to many families.

Besides, this is much better than having a closed building.
WDI knows what they are doing.

Tim G

Still think it's a bad idea...

It's getting more obvious every day...

Welcome to Pixar World Florida... :(

Chape19714

Corrus, I thought you of all would not be in the majority on this one. O well. Please don't judge until you have seen it! Besides it can't be any worse than JIYI :lol:.

Piebald

You people complain SO MUCH!!! This attraction sounds fun and for what room they have (many of you have absolutely no idea what is behind the Timekeeper building not to mention Buzz and the TT surrounding it) it will be welcome. An empty building and even Timekeeper were about as fun as a helicopter crashing into an orphanage. Give me a break, anything is welcome to be placed in the location. It's not like they are tearing out the entire POTC building and adding a Jack Sparrow interactive 3-D show. I'm sure the guests will enjoy it and come out of the exits laughing and smiling like they usually do instead of being like some of you guys who come out asking about the AA that wasn't blinking or the chipped paint on Big Al's toenail. :wave:

Tim G

Chape19714 said:
Corrus, I thought you of all would not be in the majority on this one. O well. Please don't judge until you have seen it! Besides it can't be any worse than JIYI :lol:.
Please, let me have my own opinion...

And i never said the new attraction wouldn't be fun... because I haven't seen it, just like you... So I'm going to be open minded on that one...

But obviously you didn't read my post the right way...

I wrote...
Corrus said:
Still think it's a bad idea...
It's getting more obvious every day...

Welcome to Pixar World Florida...

RSoxNo1

The level of complaining on here is rediculous. The majority of attractions are simple retreads in some way shape or form: To say that Expedition Everest is a new concept and the laugh floor isn't is rediculous. I haven't been on Expedition Everest, but I really look forward to doing so. However, like every other attraction, when it's boiled down to it's simplest form, it's a retread. It's a roller coaster in a mountain... that sounds somewhat familiar - but no they spiced it up with a yeti... that's completely different than the abominable snow man that resides in the matterhorn. But the yeti animatronic is really advanced. So is Stitch.

Try to think these things through logically - Turtle Talk is clearly a kids show, a very good one, and adults can still enjoy it. That being said, it doesn't exactly have a high capacity. I can only assume the laugh floor will have a much larger capacity, and if it's as popular as Mickey's PhilHarmagic than it's a success. It sounds to me like the ride will have quite a bit of re-rideability, probably with a series of cheesy jokes that will undoubtedly be better than the 30 year old jokes on Jungle Cruise.

The only legitimate complaint is that tomorrowland is becoming fantasy land east. I agree, that's a perfectally fair statement, but tomorrowland is where they had room for this attraction, I'm guessing they're saving the 20000 leagues area for a much larger attraction when the time is appropriate. With that said, we haven't heard any "futuristic" ideas out of imagineering or from the members of these boards for a Timekeeper replacement.

mitchk

I was one of the first to say it sounds like they are just throwing together a duplicate attraction (turtle talk) just to say "we have some new attractions." Of course I was ridiculed for saying that, and now look what everyone (well most) of you are saying. But like I also said, something is better than nothing. So I'm not complaning

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I don't think Pixar World is the problem, it could be any characters, I think theme park show writers need to remember that they are NOT great comedic writers.

I see mostly a jaded audience with blank stares and canned laughter playing so that the meters rise.

Turtle Talk works because it can be funny, but also has an educational tone, so the funny parts are icing on the cake - the audience isn't going in solely to laugh. A comedy club is a hard proposition - anyone who has ever done stand up will tell you that. The audience expects greatness and if you don't deliver they're looking for fresh meat to destroy. It's a mentality the venue breeds.

Tim G

Yes... It's funny... and it'll stay that way.... for a while...
It hasn't got anything to do with Disney... just Money... Bucks... Doe!!!
And in the meanwhile as nobody notices, the Real Disney things will disappear...
And Walt Disney World and all other Disney parks turned over by Pixar...

Because they're Funny???

No Sir... Because of the money... This is a very sneaky, as noone notices...

Mind my words...

yensidtlaw1969

Piebald said:
Timekeeper was about as fun as a helicopter crashing into an orphanage.
Oh my god . . .can I use this in my signature?

Yensid "Not, i don't necessarily agree with it, but it's too hilarious not to use" tlaw1969

Tim G

RSoxNo1 said:
The level of complaining on here is rediculous. The majority of attractions are simple retreads in some way shape or form: To say that Expedition Everest is a new concept and the laugh floor isn't is rediculous. I haven't been on Expedition Everest, but I really look forward to doing so. However, like every other attraction, when it's boiled down to it's simplest form, it's a retread. It's a roller coaster in a mountain... that sounds somewhat familiar - but no they spiced it up with a yeti... that's completely different than the abominable snow man that resides in the matterhorn. But the yeti animatronic is really advanced. So is Stitch.

Try to think these things through logically - Turtle Talk is clearly a kids show, a very good one, and adults can still enjoy it. That being said, it doesn't exactly have a high capacity. I can only assume the laugh floor will have a much larger capacity, and if it's as popular as Mickey's PhilHarmagic than it's a success. It sounds to me like the ride will have quite a bit of re-rideability, probably with a series of cheesy jokes that will undoubtedly be better than the 30 year old jokes on Jungle Cruise.

The only legitimate complaint is that tomorrowland is becoming fantasy land east. I agree, that's a perfectally fair statement, but tomorrowland is where they had room for this attraction, I'm guessing they're saving the 20000 leagues area for a much larger attraction when the time is appropriate. With that said, we haven't heard any "futuristic" ideas out of imagineering or from the members of these boards for a Timekeeper replacement.

Tsk, tsk...
1st. You don't tell me what to write...

2nd. I don't think Expedition: Everest hasn't got anything to do with Pixar.

3rd. You can't seem to read either... I NEVER SAID THE ATTRACTION WOULD BE BAD... Jeez!!!

I was just stating, that too much Pixar would hurt the theme parks...

Thanks!

Tim G

Piebald said:
You people complain SO MUCH!!! This attraction sounds fun and for what room they have (many of you have absolutely no idea what is behind the Timekeeper building not to mention Buzz and the TT surrounding it) it will be welcome. An empty building and even Timekeeper were about as fun as a helicopter crashing into an orphanage. Give me a break, anything is welcome to be placed in the location. It's not like they are tearing out the entire POTC building and adding a Jack Sparrow interactive 3-D show. I'm sure the guests will enjoy it and come out of the exits laughing and smiling like they usually do instead of being like some of you guys who come out asking about the AA that wasn't blinking or the chipped paint on Big Al's toenail. :wave:
And yet another illiterate... :rolleyes: I WAS NOT COMPLAINING...

So please leave your stupid and childish remarks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom