Accident at WDW kills CM

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Tramp

I notice alot of people jumping to extreme opinions and I urge you to try to keep things in perspective.

Indeed when I was based in Germany our unit expected to loose between 3/6 people a year through accidents that’s one unit. WDW employs more people than the whole air force. While I certainly don’t want to appear to trivialise a tragic accident, things like this do happen occasionally. We should all be grateful that we live in societies who offer employees some sort of protection and that the accident will be investigated.

Even in the happiest places tragedies do occur.

Tom

Beta Return
Accidents do happen, everywhere. Until the investigation is done, we won't know for sure who is to blame for this tragic accident. One would presume that blame would unfortunately be placed on the deceased, as he should always be aware of where he is, because the float drivers rely on radio communication and their TINY viewing windows to navigate.

It is, however, tragic, even if the victim brought it upon himself. Let's just pray that everyone can move on, the magic may continue, and that no guests were exposed to the tragedy, especially children.

God Bless his family and friends.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Well,

after a night of not being able to sleep much, I'm up. I saw the newspaper article, and they posted a picture of Javier. My stomach hurts now.

WDWCPbrandon

This is my first post on the forums here, but I read them pretty often. I was shocked to hear about the accident yesterday but was even more shocked when I saw that it was Javier. I met Javier during my college program in Fantasyland during spring 2001. At the time he was a puppeteer in Legend of the Lion King and would occasionally pick up shifts in Fantasyland West attractions, he would hang out with some of us Fantasyland CP's many times after work. I agree with TheDisneyGirl02 post, Javier was a wonderful and very energetic person. He could always turn a negative situation into a positive.

My condolences go out to his family and CM's who had the opportunity to work with him. :(

netenyahoo

It is so sad to think that I may have met this person and he may have made me or my family laugh. My prayers and sympathy go out to his family and friends.

MicBat

And to think, I was watching the parade when all of this was happening back stage. I still feel ill when I think about what happened. :cry:

mkt

Premium Member
from the cast portal:

Feb. 12 - Condolences

02/12/2004 -

By now you've probably heard the heartbreaking news about the death of one of our own Cast Members, Javier Cruz. Javier was injured in an accident Wednesday afternoon while working in the Magic Kingdom Park, and he died later in the day.

Javier had worked with us at the Walt Disney World Resort for more than eight years, and he made many friends in that time. His co-workers have said that Javier made a difference in the lives of the families he touched.

As always, the safety of our Cast Members and Guests is our top priority. As we do with any accident on our property, we are investigating the details to make sure we're taking every measure to safeguard those who work and play here.

Please keep Javier's family, friends and co-workers in your thoughts and prayers in this extraordinarily difficult time. They are surely in mine.

Al Weiss
President
Walt Disney World

The Mom

Premium Member
" No man is an island;....any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind;...." John Donne

Any life cut short is sad; that this was someone who spent part of his life creating magic for others makes it sadder still. My heartfelt condolences go out to all who knew him, even if only for one magical moment, but especially to those who loved him. To be sorely missed after your death is a testament to a life well lived.

yensid354

Tragic loss

It was with great sadness that I heard of the accident this morning, and then read through all the posts.

I want to express my sincere sympathies to both his families, his blood family, and his Disney family.

A person's death affects us all when we've known that person, or that person's life has touched ours, but as long as we retain the memories of that person, they are not truly gone.

Javier is not really gone, we just won't see him for a while

mkt

Premium Member
all these feelings I've been experiencing.. these emotions I hardly come in contact with. My heart is heavy and I want to cry. Everyone who ever worked with him, and was able to experience what a kind person he was, his family, any guest who ever saw him... are all going to have lost an angel.

DisneyJukebox

Account Suspended
Perhaps a letter of condolence for his family signed by everyone who wishes to from WDWMagic.com would be a way for his family to know how much this man's death has touched everyone.

I know personally when my Dad died of cancer, it was nice to see how many people cared about him in life from all the personal condolences we received.

mkt

Premium Member
an update for those who care,

the parade will go on today, but without the Princess Float.

I would think Javier would want the show to continue....

kammybug

My sincere condolences to the family and friends. Please keep the float driver in your prayers too. I'm sure he is going through a living hell right now himself. :cry:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by mkt
I would think Javier would want the show to continue....
I think you are right, Rob and I think the parade should go on in his memory.

Now, as macabre as this may sound, plan for your death. Let people know what you want done after you die. Tell your loved ones now what is important in life to you because after you're gone, it's too late. Don't leave them to guess, tell them things now.

From what I have heard of Javier Cruz from this thread, he gave his all for Disney and loved working there. God bless him and family and for those of you who work there who must still perform your duties with the heaviest of hearts.

Sir Hiss527

I'm very sorry to hear this news. I did not see this post yesterday, or even see anything on the news about this. This is a very sad situation...And my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Figment1986

I am deeply sorry for the way i was acting yesterday, I had priorities wrong, I am deaply saddened by the news and lit a candle for a few hours in my room before i went to sleep for him.

I hope this will never happen again at WDW, or myself.

(I was under some stress at the time)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom