Accident at WDW kills CM

rosie.ca

prays for everyone who was involved and ... hugs to all the cm's
i know it is rough when something like this happens
I wish I could say more but I just don't know what to say :(

Dizknee_Phreek

such terrible news! :( what a troubleing day for the company! my prayers go out to the family, friends, and co-workers of this CM. may he rest in peace.

why do all these fatalities always seem to happen at WDW? i'm not sure i've ever heard of any happening at the DL parks. i'm sure there have been, i just don't remember hearing of them.

mledieff

Parade Saftey

First off my prayers go out to the Cast Member's family. I worked at Disneyland for too many years and I never really feared for my life. Although I have feared for my safety durring parades because of drivers. I don't know the story of how that Cast Member died, but what I do know is that most parade flots have a camera view, instead of a plain sight view. The cameras usually have a delay of 2 to 3 seconds. Sometimes the drivers do make pretty scary miskates. From what the new said in Southern California it seems as if the float was still backstage. There are occupational deaths in public places all of the time. This was a Walt Disney World so the hype has to be huge. Look at the past few years at Disneyland. Who could forget the Roger Rabbit incident. Also our newest problem the Big Thunder death. You could go back a few more years and there is the Columbia as well. I feel that all of these incidents cannot be the fault of the parks.

mickeysaver

Wow, this has been quite a day for Disney news. I am so saddened to hear this news. My prayer for the family, friends, and co-workers of the deceased CM. Maggie

xfkirsten

Oh, my god, that's awful! What a way for me to come home and end the day. I remember hearing all the warnings in training about being around floats... but I guess it just hits you really hard when something like this happens.

-Kirsten

Irrawaddy Erik

Wow, What can I say I get home jump online and find this. I knew the cast member well. I worked with him in Toontown and other areas. This is very shocking. I really dont know what to say.

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Parade Saftey

Originally posted by mledieff
Who could forget the Roger Rabbit incident. Also our newest problem the Big Thunder death. You could go back a few more years and there is the Columbia as well.

yeah, forgot about those. terrible, unfortunate events, all of them. and, of course, all very much publicized since they happened at Disney. i guess the media thinks that "The happiest place on Earth" also means "The only accident-free place on Earth." but that's all they are, accidents. accidents happen everywhere, all the time, and a lot of times i think it's just fate. maybe they could have been prevented, maybe not, but once they happen, they happen. sad and unfortunate, all the same, though. :(

mledieff

Thousands of people work for the parks and millions vists every year. I don't believe there is anyway to avoid all incidents. They are all horrible and should have never happened. In the same respect with the amont of activity in the park how can they all be avoided. Here is a question it seems as if Disneyland has more "incidents" than WDW. Is that true or do we not get that new out unless it a big deal?

TiggerBW

I can't believe this happened. This is so sad.
I too am praying for the CM's family and friends who are dealing with this tragic loss.
God Bless

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom