Accident at WDW kills CM

Yen_Sid1

Does anyone know if a parade driver actually drove over someone? Because the parade floatscan make it up the hill behind Splash Mtn by themselves. They have to be towed up the hill. So I was wondering if happened while the parade float was being towed or operating under its own power?

MsSnuzi

Tragic

How sad for all involved - family, friends and fellow CMs. My prayers go out to all of you.
When it came on the news here, I barely heard what was said because I was in shock.
It's always so hard to understand when something like this happens, my prayers for strength to deal with this tragic loss go out to all.

:(

aim

:cry: This is such a horrible thing! I came home from work around 9pm and my mom told me about it. I had to do some stuff before I could get online. When I did I knew I had to come here to get the whole story. Reading through these pages have made me cry. This is such a horrible accident. My heart and prayers go out to friends, family, the float driver, all CM's and also fans of WDW. It was a very big loss for everyone! May he rest in peace

DarkImage4

I'm sitting here at work with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat...

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved, the CM, his family, friends and co-workers....

"........"

I'm speechless....:cry:

daksimba

Originally posted by Yen_Sid1
Does anyone know if a parade driver actually drove over someone? Because the parade floatscan make it up the hill behind Splash Mtn by themselves. They have to be towed up the hill. So I was wondering if happened while the parade float was being towed or operating under its own power?

The accident happened at the sight line, so it wasn't being towed at that time.

AliciaLuvzDizne

I didnt come online last night so I just found out about this right now...
Im so sorry for the loss and my prayers go out for him, his family, and all his fellow CM's, especially those who witnessed this tradgedy

Gucci65

Originally posted by mkt
dude... someone is dead, and all you care about is your ********* band trip?

Go back to your own site

I agree with you that the above was a rude comment to make, but I must say that your use of GD was quite offensive as well.

I usually don't go online at night, so I am reading this first thing Thursday morning - sorry for the late post.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the
CM who was killed yesterday.

DarkImage4

I just wanted to add....

These are the people who bring us the MAGIC, they bring smile to our faces, make us laugh, cry when we leave and jump for joy when we come back. WDW would be nothing without the cast members who do all of this - with their blood, sweat and tears.

THEY are the MAGIC...

They are the ones who give us those little magical memories, they entertain us, serve us and do all of the behind the scenes things that make the experience complete for all of us.

They are unsung heroes, and rarely get much recognition for all that they do.

Keep a moment in your thoughts or prayers for this CM, his family, friends and co-workers.

Next time you're in WDW or at the Disney Store or even on the phone making reservations, say a small "thank you" and give them a smile. Sometimes that is all these CMs live for.

This gentleman lived for his job, let us not take lightly the joy that he and he fellow cast members give us everyday.

We may not have known your name and we may not have seen your face, but,....

Thank you Javier....:)

Pippa

Only just heard of this tragedy, how terrible........ condolances to the CMs friends, family and co-workers.

strobe

What a tragic accident....

My sincerest condolences go out to all of the Magic Kingdom Cast Members and the family of the poor man who was killed.

NashvilleMouse

My thoughts and prayers go out to the CM and his friends and family. It is such an awful feeling that someone who committed themselves to providing magic and entertainment fall in such a horrible and un-timely way. :(

Tramp

I just read about this incident in the morning paper. The CM was Javier Cruz, 38. Sincere condolences to his family and to all the Cm's who worked with him.

I notice alot of people jumping to extreme opinions and I urge you to try to keep things in perspective. Two people were killed in separate incidents last year in our local Home Depot. A fork lift killed one person and a shelf collapsed on another. The point is, work related deaths are not uncommon and Disney probably has a better record than most, particularly given the number of employees and the vast variety of jobs and skills necessary to keep the parks operating. That parade has been run thousands of times without incident and I'm only surprised this hasn't happened sooner, a testament to the strict safety rules in place for the parade and the CMs who adhere to them.

Let the parade go on, and let it go on in Javier's memory with a renewed sense of magical purpose.

TheDisneyGirl02

WDW CM Death

I had the opportunity to know the Javier and he was a wonderful person and I will miss him dearly. I did the college program for the last two springs and worked in entertainment as a character greeter. I worked with him many times as both a character and a greeter. I was shocked by the news when my friend called me and told about the incident.

Javier always made me smile when I was sad and he will be truly missed. Although I'm back home in PA, I will still mourn the loss of this truly one of a kind person.

TheDisneyGirl02:(

mikeb_86

I cant beleve this happen?

This is sad, of all things that happen with the other stuff and now this. I hope the show will go on today!!! I think this was sad day for disney. Man what a shame to happen in this happy place!!!

mikeb_86

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom