Accident at WDW kills CM

PhotoDave219

Please dont start asking/pestering about who the deceased is. Thast disrespectful to the man who passed on.

The name will be released in due time by the proper authorities.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
since so many people are bugging me on AIM about it, I'm not posting the name..

but I will tell you that the CM, as far as I know, was not a member on these boards.

Everyone, your prayers are appreciated.. light a candle, read a verse from your holy book.. whatever. But the positive feelings are definitely needed all over Orlando tonight, for his friends, family, and coworkers.

tigsmom

Like everyone else, my thoughts & prayers to his family and friends. And to Rob & all the other CMs...I'm sorry for all you had to go thru today waiting for a confirmation of identity.
I'll also say a prayer for the driver who must be going thru hell right now.

bartman454

I'm very saddened to hear about this, i've worked parade traffic before and must say it can get somewhat dangerous from time to time, hopefully this was just a fluke accident and wont happen again.

My prayers go out to the Cast Members's family as well. It's very unfortunate and I hope everyone affected will heal from this ordeal. I'm truly speechless...

BeachClub

hmmmm....I could see it now....

"Comcast presents...... Walt Disney World!"

NOT!!!:brick:

My thoughts and prayers to that CM's family and friends.

Originally posted by mkt
I have a feeling there aren't gonna be any MK parades for a while.

Do you think that SpectroMagic wont be running in April? Or will the floats for that be running because of the fact that they are run by computer (or so Travel Channel says) I hope that it will be running, that is my favorite parade and most looked forward to event of the trip......:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (sry...it just makes me really really really really sad.....)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I am just totally shocked and saddened to hear this news. It's just absolutely horrible. Looks like SpectroMagic and the Share A Dream Come True parades will not be heading out for the next couple days (at least Spectro probably won't, I doubt SADCT will be gone longer). My thoughts and prayers go out to the CM's family as well. This has been a sad day, indeed.:cry:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by HM999thGhost
Do you think that SpectroMagic wont be running in April? Or will the floats for that be running because of the fact that they are run by computer (or so Travel Channel says) I hope that it will be running, that is my favorite parade and most looked forward to event of the trip......:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (sry...it just makes me really really really really sad.....)

the music is controlled by computer. The floats are run by people.

miles1

Like everyone else, my prayers are for the CM and his family, particularly if he had any kids.

Is there any significance to the Channel 6 slide show showing a particular character?

Also, out of curiosity, what type of vehicle is under the floats? Is it a tractor, truck, or something custom built?

I imagine they must be tough to drive; it's not like they have any rear view mirrors or a clear perpheral view like a large truck.

daksimba

I'm guessing that the parades won't be affected much.

In the end, from what I've been told, it really wasn't much more than a fall at the wrong time and place.

I'm sure the Princess float won't be out for a few days, but I don't think the parades as a whole will really be affected.

mkt

Premium Member
custom built...

the closest approximation would be perhaps an electric powered forklift

MagicalMonorail

I'd like to offer my prayers for this CM's family and friends. This is a sad day for the entire Walt Disney Company. I hope that this incident may never happen again in any Disney park. Rest in Peace.

mkt

Premium Member
I have also gotten information on the float driver, but like before. I will not divulge the information.

All I can say is the driver was a very capable driver, that had been doing this for easily over 10 years. This seems to definitely be a fatal accident.

he-guy

As previously stated, prayers need to go out to CM's family, friends, and also fellow CM's - I'm sure he'll be missed by them. Working Parade Audience Control on Share-A-Dream-Come-True Parade was one of my most favorite parts of being a CM. Many safety precautions are taken for this parade to operate safely as that is the number one priority is the safety of our guests (and CM's for that matter). I don't think the parades will be shut down for long when compared to the BTM derailmaent at DL. In that case, something mechanical went wrong, where as, in this case, it seems someone just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom