Accident at WDW kills CM

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
the area of the accident is so close to the property line, they could just be skimming their airspace, or going 1 foot above the 3000ft rule and have a right zoom

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by joeyjoe92979
I am so upset I cant believe this god this sucks

ditto. I still don't know what to think. IM me if there's gonna be a vigil or anything tonight..

Legacy

I use to think that things could never really get bad for Disney. Even though their have been previous deaths, I don't think any of them is as tragic as this one. I really don't think things could be any darker for the company as a whole.

I am in shock right now...

spagofreep

This obviously is just horrible no matter who it happend to, however I really hope that is not someone from these boards that we all care about.

:eek:(

Just so everyone knows, I am a CM and the parade still went on, it sickens me. But it did go on, they put the parade on with 4 floats only. that's the only additional info i have

kanepresten

PARADE DID NOT GO ON!!!

To clarify the parade did not go on!!! The incident occured as the parade 5th parade float was about to get into guest view!! The 4 floats were already out and in guest view before the incident occured. the floats, could not be pulled back in as they were already out, and now locked by the 5th floats which legally was not allowed to move. NOBODY in the firts four units knew anything had occured. The rest of the parade ididnot go out. Had this ncdedn occured b4 parade, the parade would NOT have gone on. The reason those four floats went out was b/c the incident had NOT occured yet!!!
KP

Joeker

while I can understand the emotions involved in this, I would not think there was any other options for letting the parade continue...it sounds like most of the parade had already began progressing into frontierland and would have been difficult to stop,turn around etc, with all of those folks lining the pathways...not to mention, the reactions of guests if they were made aware of this.....very hard to explain to a small child why the parade stopped, canceled the music and pulled the whole thing back.....also, nowhere to go backwards, as that area was being handled as an emergency scene and investigation area

Joeker

like I was trying to say!....I just cannot type too quickly

the only the portion of the parade to continue was that preceding the float involved in the incident

kanepresten

Oh AND---- the floats that had already gone into guest view wee immedieately sped up. Once a float is in guest view it CANT be canceled. and MUST go all the way through the park. it is a HUGE safety issue to back up flaots and much safer to let the floats go through the park. The parade could not be cancelled b/c it had already started... but it was probably the fastest parade in history as those four floats that were already out zooomed straight through the park--only reason was to return them to where they belonged in teh safest manner.

mkt

Premium Member
kane... if music was playing, and performers were performing, and there was a semblance of a parade... then for all intenst and purposes, the parade went out.

You're right though... had this happened before the floats hit the sight line, it wouldn't have gone out.

cherrynegra

Yeah, I don't see a win situation here with the floats already out of the gate. I'm sure guests who know the parade must have noticed something peculiar about the truncated parade. Oh, and I can't imagine how the other parade CMs felt when they got to the end gate. I'm so unbelievably saddened by all this right now.

nicholas

I'm sitting here reading all of this in a complete state of shock and sadness. I just saw the parade two days ago and everything was happy and joyful and magical. It's hard to think something like this could happen. I just don't know what to say or think.

kanepresten

mkt- notice i said parade did not "go on." i knew it went out. but the remaider of the parade did not" go on" im just sayin. its not like management sent the parade out after a major accident. my hedline was just the best way to drive in teh point that there was not a conscious decision to send a parade out after a tragedy. It simply did not go on, as in continue
just clarifying. u probably knew what i meant.
KP

mkt

Premium Member
well.. I got the name of the person... I'm not posting it out of respect, but needless to say, it is someone I knew. Not a friend, just an acquaintance. But the loss is still the same.

Have fun in other places bro... it was your time.

daksimba

Just to let some people know, the parade floats that were out didn't stop because they can't. They shot through the park.

The rest of the parade didn't go. In fact the Princess float is still sitting in the same exact spot. They will not move it until the investigation is over.

All of the parade cast members were shift released from their shifts after the incident.

And for the "Sight line" issue. The sight line is placed a good distance in the real sight line. You really need to go about another 5-10 feet for guest to really be able to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom