ABC Theater and Rock n Roller Coaster Update

LongtimeReader

My vote is for a stateside version of "Cinemagique" from the Paris studios. That and Crush Coaster are the two best attractions there, hands down.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have never seen "CInemagique" but I will definitelyyoutube it now! Crush's Coaster is pretty cool looking.
Have a look at mousebits.com - YouTube has a few bad quality vids with lousy sound ;)

Cinemagique is fantastic, but I believe due to the copyrights involved with the content it can`t be shown outside of France.

CSUFSteve

My vote is for a stateside version of "Cinemagique" from the Paris studios. That and Crush Coaster are the two best attractions there, hands down.

OMG, I can't believe someone else feels the way about Cinemagique that I do!! I totally agree - that was the only attraction that did not make WDSP a total waste of my time when I was there. But that was before Toon Studios. I also think Cinemagique would be great for DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot, where Millionaire used to be.

I'm hoping to get back to Paris before the 15th is over.

LongtimeReader

OMG, I can't believe someone else feels the way about Cinemagique that I do!! I totally agree - that was the only attraction that did not make WDSP a total waste of my time when I was there. But that was before Toon Studios. I also think Cinemagique would be great for DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot, where Millionaire used to be.

I'm hoping to get back to Paris before the 15th is over.

Yes, it's totally brilliant. And as for the copyright issues, it would need to be totally redone anyway since half of it is in French and uses French cinema clips, which would go over like a turd in a punchbowl in Florida. Basically I just thought it was brilliantly made, and if they could recreate it with a new version it would be a splendid fit for that theatre and really bring "cinema" to the forefront of that courtyard. And then they can build a TRUE indoor theatre (Nemo and Lion King's are just outdoor venues with new walls...) for a kickin' show where the Backlot theatre was or when they finally raze Indy. My vote is for something like Twice Charmed from the cruise line...brilliant. At LEAST put B&B out of it's misery.

I'm rambling. :)

gram1554

We just got back. We asked a cast member what was going into ABC and she said there was nothing planned. She told us they are using it for concerts right now.

PKD

Here's the pics. Side:

DSC_0521.JPG

Front:

DSC_0526.JPG

Not really much to see, just a bunch of walls with signs!

As I mentioned last year, Disney is rigging up the inside with a whole new set of "gear" for the future :D

Plus, those of you who said the backlot Theatre was to be demolished, your WRONG :D Look for a new show in the near future

jt04

Plus, those of you who said the backlot Theatre was to be demolished, your WRONG :D Look for a new show in the near future

Source please, and rumors from monorail drivers don't count during months with the letter "r" in them (or something like that , I heard)

PKD

Source please, and rumors from monorail drivers don't count during months with the letter "r" in them (or something like that , I heard)

HA HA No worries, it was not a Bus Driver or a Monorail Pilot. Nor was it a Cast Member for that matter.

IcicleM

When I was training, I used the ABC theatre as my green room, and there were managers in there with Blue Prints, and my trainer let me know that it's going to be an American Idol-type show, and that it's going to be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom