ABC Theater and Rock n Roller Coaster Update

JLW11Hi

Soooo, the next update to DHS is...another stage show? Not the best choice, I'd say. But I guess with Toy Story in progress, I shouldn't complain.

Still, I think DHS needs to shave down its current offering of stage shows. I think any number of these we could do without:

Voyage of the Little Mermiaid
Beauty and the Beast
Indiana Jones

Im not saying they are bad shows or anything, they've just been around for so long, and there are just too many "shows" at the park currently. If we got rid of one or two, we might free up a we bit of room for maybe perhaps a fun little dark ride.

jedimaster1227

Soooo, the next update to DHS is...another stage show? Not the best choice, I'd say. But I guess with Toy Story in progress, I shouldn't complain.

Still, I think DHS needs to shave down its current offering of stage shows. I think any number of these we could do without:

Voyage of the Little Mermiaid
Beauty and the Beast
Indiana Jones

Im not saying they are bad shows or anything, they've just been around for so long, and there are just too many "shows" at the park currently. If we got rid of one or two, we might free up a we bit of room for maybe perhaps a fun little dark ride.

Honestly, anything more than what is currently there is better for the park overall. More attractions with more capacity make the other attractions have shorter wait times... Two new stage attractions will decrease wait times for Toy Story Mania, the Backlot Tour, RnR, Tower of Terror, LMAX and any other attraction that has a decent sized line on an average day. There are plans for a "dark ride" style hybrid attraction to be added after Toy Story Mania. As I have said, the plans for DHS are both expansive and incredible. It will all come down to execution of the plans for this project to work to its fullest.

JLW11Hi

But would you agree that once Toy Story opens, and possibly this dark ride you speak of, that we could nix some of the older show attractions in favor of balancing out the park with some more ride attractions? Or at least some shows with higher produciton values, like Aladdin at the Hyperion in California Adventure. A show like that would fit perfectly at DHS.

That dark ride/hybrid sounds good to me, whatever it will be!

PKD

But would you agree that once Toy Story opens, and possibly this dark ride you speak of, that we could nix some of the older show attractions in favor of balancing out the park with some more ride attractions? Or at least some shows with higher produciton values, like Aladdin at the Hyperion in California Adventure. A show like that would fit perfectly at DHS.

That dark ride/hybrid sounds good to me, whatever it will be!

I'm going to be nailed for this, but I really didn't think Aladdin was all that the hype made it out to be. Yes, Aladdin was without a doubt a broadway scale show in 35 minutes, however it didn't impress me that much. Thought it was more entertaining then "Tarzon Flops" I guess I expected more from Aladdin :shrug:

RSoxNo1

I'm going to be nailed for this, but I really didn't think Aladdin was all that the hype made it out to be. Yes, Aladdin was without a doubt a broadway scale show in 35 minutes, however it didn't impress me that much. Thought it was more entertaining then "Tarzon Flops" I guess I expected more from Aladdin :shrug:

I think the success of any Disney musical is largely linked to the music in the show, not just the sets and show pieces. The sets and show pieces for Finding Nemo are great, but I don't like any of the music, so I can pass on that show. However the Aladdin music and the Lion King music is much better in my opinion, and it adds to the show's appeal.

sum41914

All this talk of a new stage maybe for DHS, I would absolutely love it if they could move the soon to be gone Hercules the MUSE-ical from the cruise line, saw it once and loved every minute of it. I read on another forum that Herc is moving on out and some Toy Story Show is moving into the cruise line, entertainment line up.

Brian_WDW74

I agree with you. I even went back and saw it again a few months later to see if there was something I had missed the first time. While I did enjoy it a bit more on second viewing, I still wasn't all that impressed. It didn't help that the Genie in the second show was nowhere near as funny as the one in the first.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good show. I just happen to like Finding Nemo: The Musical more. But since I have an affinity for puppet shows, maybe that's to be expected. :)

majortom1981

They should just permanetly shut down RnRC and build a brand new thrilling e-ticket

Why in the world would they do that. The ride is a great ride. So they are having some small problems. It could be much worse. They could be having the problems that Batman and Robin the Chiller is having at great adventure. That is a lim coaster that is always blowing lims and having problems.

So this is minor to something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom