ABC Theater and Rock n Roller Coaster Update

jedimaster1227

As I mentioned last year, Disney is rigging up the inside with a whole new set of "gear" for the future :D

Plus, those of you who said the backlot Theatre was to be demolished, your WRONG :D Look for a new show in the near future

As I've said before, the plans for the revival of DHS are quite expansive, and overall, brilliant. The park will really be a wonder when its update is completed.

jt04

As I've said before, the plans for the revival of DHS are quite expansive, and overall, brilliant. The park will really be a wonder when its update is completed.

Thanks, but can you tell us if the backstage theater is getting a refurb or a rebuild? It would be good to know and settle much speculation.

jedimaster1227

Thanks, but can you tell us if the backstage theater is getting a refurb or a rebuild? It would be good to know and settle much speculation.

From what plans I have seen, the claims that the theater would be repurposed have been chosen rather than demolishing the theater (for now) in favor of a new building. As of right now, it is set to be refurbished and given a new purpose (show or otherwise).

jt04

From what plans I have seen, the claims that the theater would be repurposed have been chosen rather than demolishing the theater (for now) in favor of a new building. As of right now, it is set to be refurbished and given a new purpose (show or otherwise).

Thanks!

PKD

Jedi is correct. AS of now, the rehab is the current path for the Backlot Theatre. There are however several complications with what is currently built/installed at the location. I'm sure Jedi can agree that this is one of the struggles Disney has right now.

jedimaster1227

Jedi is correct. AS of now, the rehab is the current path for the Backlot Theatre. There are however several complications with what is currently built/installed at the location. I'm sure Jedi can agree that this is one of the struggles Disney has right now.

The ABC Theater will see its new attraction first because of these complications. Once ABC gets its update, the Backlot Theatre will be the next existing structure (of the standing but not in use venues) to get its upgrade.

Captain Chaos

An American Idol kind of show??? I don't think I'd like that, especially since Disney and ABC do not have a show similar to American Idol.. and thank the lord for that.... yet, I can see this kind of show being popular.... Because I may not like it, doesn't mean others won't.... Heck, I may even wind up liking the show for all I know....

scpergj

The ABC Theater will see its new attraction first because of these complications. Once ABC gets its update, the Backlot Theatre will be the next existing structure (of the standing but not in use venues) to get its upgrade.

Stupid question...

I know where the ABC theater is, but I have no idea where the Backlot theater is (unless it is where Lights, Motors, Action is currently.

So...my question is...which theater is the Backlot?

:shrug:

Stupid question...

I know where the ABC theater is, but I have no idea where the Backlot theater is (unless it is where Lights, Motors, Action is currently.

So...my question is...which theater is the Backlot?

:shrug:

I think it is where the old Hunchback stage show use to be. It is now covered up be the street shot of San Fran.

jedimaster1227

I think it is where the old Hunchback stage show use to be. It is now covered up be the street shot of San Fran.

That is correct. The stage is still there, acting as a storage location for the Dancing Lights for the past year or so. Once all of the lights are up, the work on the theater will be.

MattBoom

I heard from a cast member that the ABC Theater will be used for High School Musical 2. But of course, that doesn't mean that's correct. I also heard a Harlem Choir will be performing for the holidays, so they could be getting ready for that.

Kuhio

Here here!! Although with RnR down while I'm there, I'll be popping in for all of TWO attractions (ToT, GMR)

I was thinking pretty much exactly the same thing. (I haven't seen the Lights/Motors/Action show yet though, so I'll at least check that out.) Otherwise, there's not presently a whole lot at the Studios to keep me occupied.

At least that means more time for Epcot...

JROK

My source in Production says that it is "American Idol Live!" and that it will be opening around April 2008. Construction on the stage/theater is expected to be completed by March 08. The details on the show aren't fully worked out, but the set is supposed to be really cool and have a bunch of nice lighting/video effects. Also, rumor has it they'll be bringing in past contestants to be performers.

sknydave

Thats actually pretty cool. I hate the show but I can see that attraction being a huge hit. At least my gf will enjoy it :)

animay

Seems like an odd thing to put in the ABC Theater. :lookaroun I wonder if they'll change the name of the building if this does happen.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I hope the new attraction is not one of the following:

High School Musical related
Americal Idol related
Pixar related

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom