A Whole New World of Huggles

barnum42

Pongo said:
You were right before, America kinda sucks when it comes to broadcasting the Olympics. They're pretty much the only sports event I ever watch and I'm never provided with enough.
I guess American Sports TV only broadcasts stuff American Teams will become "World Champions" in, such as American Football and Baseball, where the teams are all American (OK, and one Canadian team). Reason being, the sponsors don't want to back a show that could depict Americans as losers :rolleyes:

Pongo

barnum42 said:
I guess American Sports TV only broadcasts stuff American Teams will become "World Champions" in, such as American Football and Baseball, where the teams are all American (OK, and one Canadian team). Reason being, the sponsors don't want to back a show that could depict Americans as losers :rolleyes:

Yeah, and those all seem to be the sports I don't watch :lol:

I'm more into the individual sports like swimming, track and field, marathons, diving, curling. All those Olympic sports.

figmentmom

barnum42 said:

You may well be right, Barnum. I also think that the incredibly short American attention span has a lot to do with it, too, though - getting people to tune in for events that go on for quite some time before a winner is declared is hard.:rolleyes:

barnum42

Pongo said:
Yeah, and those all seem to be the sports I don't watch :lol:

I'm more into the individual sports like swimming, track and field, marathons, diving, curling. All those Olympic sports.
Curling? Really? Or are you saying that to try and get in my good books, seeing as that's the only gold medal Great Britain won last time? :lol:

barnum42

figmentmom said:
You may well be right, Barnum. I also think that the incredibly short American attention span has a lot to do with it, too, though - getting people to tune in for events that go on for quite some time before a winner is declared is hard.:rolleyes:
This would be why International Test Cricket has not caught on - five days a little too long for one game do you think? :lol:

dandaman

barnum42 said:
This would be why International Test Cricket has not caught on - five days a little too long for one game do you think? :lol:

:lol:

"And we're back to Day 4 of the men's event... still haven't done the women's event yet." :brick: :rolleyes:

Pongo

barnum42 said:
Curling? Really? Or are you saying that to try and get in my good books, seeing as that's the only gold medal Great Britain won last time? :lol:

Oh no, I love curling. I think its intriguing. I wonder how it originated...

barnum42

figmentmom said:
...that may not be the ONLY reason... :lookaroun

:lol:
Oh yes, I forgot - the iddle widdle baseball-type players won't play in the field without their big stwong thick gluvvie-wuvvies :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom