Trip Report A Whole Lotta Driving Going on!

Hello everyone. Today, Crystal and I make our way to Disney! Our journey started almost 2 weeks ago on July 3. We've been traveling the Midwest and Gulf Coast visiting family and seeing the sites and are currently staying in Tallahassee visiting Brayden at FSU. We made stops in Indianapolis, Carlinville, IL, Amana, Iowa, Madison, WI, Oxford, MS, New Orleans, LA before making it to Tallahassee. We also made brief stops in other states along the way. Getting breakfast with Brayden later this morning before driving to Disney to get Maddy after her shift at Be Our Guest. The plan is to head to Epcot for extra evening hours tonight. I'll post pictures of our journey later. I look forward to sharing as we go.

fractal

We had an excellent time in Epcot tonight. I guess the only bad thing was ending the night with the song Conga 😂

Sleeping in tomorrow with no set plans.

But I like Conga!

giphy.gif

coachwnh

Original Poster
Back to the road trip from home to Disney

We arrived around 6 pm.
IMG_8850.jpeg

We checked in and sat outside in the hotel courtyard and had a few drinks

IMG_0590.jpeg

We then took the short walk across Canal Street and found a restaurant that served excellent gluten free seafood on Bourbon Street

IMG_0593.jpeg
IMG_0594.jpeg
IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0598.jpeg
IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_0599.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_0601.jpeg

Crystal and I both grew up just a short few hour drive from the Jersey shore. To us, Bourbon Street was a dirtier, more obnoxious Jersey Shore. Maybe 20-25 years ago we would have enjoyed it, but not a good first impression.

We would learn to appreciate it and the surrounding area the next day, however.

coachwnh

Original Poster
We were up early the next morning. We booked a small tour on an airboat about 25 minutes outside of New Orleans. I’m obsessed with stories of people being attacked by gators. It freaks me out, so I was a bit uneasy to start the day.

This sign hung on the shuttle to the dock 😂😂

IMG_0603.jpeg
IMG_0605.jpeg
IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0607.jpeg
IMG_0608.jpeg
IMG_0609.jpeg
IMG_0610.jpeg
IMG_0612.jpeg

There were multiple gators swimming in the small canal were the boat was parked. It was right in the middle of town with a large market, houses, and restaurants! And these guys were right there.

The last picture is a gator right below the walkway from land to the boat

coachwnh

Original Poster
Getting set to head to the Magic Kingdom this morning. Maddy was able to swap her shift today and meet us for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We haven't been to Park Fare in well over 10 years. We rarely pick buffets, but we are excited to check this one out now that it has reopened.

Crystal and I have Celebration at the Top - Sip, Savor, Sparkle reservations at California Grill tonight. Really looking forward to that as well.

coachwnh

Original Poster
Back to the ride trip and our stop in New Orleans

We returned to the hotel after the swamp tour and got ready to walk to Jackson Square and St Louis Cathedral. This is the first time we saw the French Quarter and what we expected to see in New Orleans. I was now really liking the city.

We had lunch at Deanie’s where the gluten free fried seafood was amazing.

IMG_0653.jpeg
IMG_0655.jpeg
IMG_0656.jpeg
IMG_0657.jpeg
IMG_0658.jpeg
IMG_0659.jpeg
IMG_0660.jpeg
IMG_0661.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom