Trip Report A Whole Lotta Driving Going on!

Hello everyone. Today, Crystal and I make our way to Disney! Our journey started almost 2 weeks ago on July 3. We've been traveling the Midwest and Gulf Coast visiting family and seeing the sites and are currently staying in Tallahassee visiting Brayden at FSU. We made stops in Indianapolis, Carlinville, IL, Amana, Iowa, Madison, WI, Oxford, MS, New Orleans, LA before making it to Tallahassee. We also made brief stops in other states along the way. Getting breakfast with Brayden later this morning before driving to Disney to get Maddy after her shift at Be Our Guest. The plan is to head to Epcot for extra evening hours tonight. I'll post pictures of our journey later. I look forward to sharing as we go.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Crystal and I returned safely this evening. The drive went well except for a 45 minute detour due to a vehicle fire that closed 81 North in VA.

States visited on this trip: Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida,, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland (obviously not in that order). We drove just over 5000 miles.

I’ll post final thoughts in the next day or so

That’s a lot of miles! But what a great trip!

cgersic

They were both good. Shepherd’s pie and fish and chips 👍
Both my go to's , along with a Smithwick's or two!

1723062400269.png

This picture makes it feel like you are truly headed up to the castle!

So glad you have made it home safely and that Maddy had such a good time in the College Program! Can't wait to see what the next months bring and thank your for writing such a fabulous, traveling report!

Last edited:

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Both my go to's , along with a Smithwick's or two!

View attachment 807241
This picture makes it feel like you are truly headed up to the castle!

So glad you have made it home safely and that Maddy had such a good time in the College Program! Can't wait to see what the next months bring and thank your for writing such a fabulous, traveling report!
Thank you.

Maddy is working her last shift right now. She flies home tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for checking in.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Got Maddy moved into her new apartment in Columbia this week. It feels like Crystal and I live in our car 😂

IMG_2143.jpeg

IMG_2147.jpeg

We spent a few days seeing the sights in between shopping trips

IMG_2127.jpeg
IMG_2089.jpeg
IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2090.jpeg
IMG_2092.jpeg
IMG_2102.jpeg
IMG_2101.jpeg

There is a nice view of downtown from her complex

IMG_2076.jpeg

Brayden leaves this Thursday, and we won’t meet up again until Thanksgiving week in Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom