Trip Report A Trip of Upgrades, Pixie Dust and Unfortunate Events

Just arrived home about 24 hours ago and should be cleaning the house and finishing up laundry but wanted to share some of the magic that was our trip. As the title indicates like anything in life, this trip was filled with wonderous moments and disappointments. And Here we go....

Friday September 13th: We pulled out of the driveway right around 1pm and I was miserable. My sinuses were giving me fits and causing me the worst tooth ache I think I have ever experienced. After 4 long hours at school, all I wanted to do was sleep. And that is exactly what I did. I slept for the first 3 hours of the trip. Thankfully, my daughter was of the same opinion and she slept about the same amount of time. By the time we woke up we were starving so we stopped at our usual (McDonald's) and ate. Stretched the legs and hopped back in. We made it all the way to Valdosta, Ga that night. We probably could have made it to Orlando but my husband wanted to stop to meet up with some guys he plays Zombies with on Playstation so stopped we did. Nice hotel. I went straight to sleep. My Daughter was wide open though so it didn't last long. :)

The next morning we got back on the road and once we hit I75, we stopped. Seriously drove maybe 5 miles in an hour. We later found out that a tractor trailer had lost its entire load on the Northbound side. They had it much worse than us heading south. Not much fun though.
Finally made it to Orlando around 1pm so we went to check in to our hotel.
DSC00657.JPG
DSC00652.JPG
DSC00653.JPG
A really nice room with views of Downtown Disney on the 16th floor and all for under a $100. Not bad. Too bad we didn't really get to enjoy it at all.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Once we were checked in, it was time to head over to Downtown Disney and meet up with my parents and have a short visit with my Uncle, Aunt and Nannie (my grandmother). They had come over to Orlando from Tampa area for the day to visit us while we were down. They were still eating when we arrived so we did a little exploration.
DSC00659.JPG
DSC00660.JPG
DSC00661.JPG
DSC00667.JPG

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
And next, Cadence got to pick a pearl for her birthday present from her Daddy. She wound up getting an 8mm pearl which the lady told us was worth about $150. We had it set in a sapphire setting for a necklace. Way more than he planned on spending but, like we said it was better to get her something that won't get thrown in the trash 3 months from now. :)
DSC00669.JPG

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Once we met up with everyone we decided it was too hot to hang out at Downtown Disney so we went back to the Contemporary (our future home for the week). We had originally drove under the Disney World sign earlier when heading to our hotel but here is the pic of my Cadence's reaction
DSC00647.JPG

She said that she was so excited she was gonna poot on herself. Sure enough she did! Silly girl!

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
After visiting for an hour or two my Aunt and Uncle left and we went to go find some food. The traffic was horrible in and around Downtown Disney so we nixed that idea pretty quickly and went to UNO's. I had an awesome Quacamole burger which I forgot to take a picture of but there wasn't much left. My parent's had a pizza and it looked amazing. A good meal and we were all ready to go back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.
DSC00676.JPG
DSC00677.JPG
DSC00678.JPG
DSC00681.JPG

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Now on to our first full park day.....we arrived at the Contemporary bright and early to see if we could check in. I had requested early check in during my online check in and sure enough they had a room ready for us at 7:30 am. Not the room we had reserved, but I wasn't about to complain when we were faced with this...
DSC00684.JPG
DSC00685.JPG
DSC00687.JPG

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
My husband and I just looked at each other and our jaws dropped. We were beyond shocked. He asked me if it was normal for them to upgrade us and I said "No, not like this." So, he called down to the front desk just to make sure we weren't gonna be charged extra for the room. While he took care of that, I took pictures of our views...
DSC00689.JPG
DSC00690.JPG

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Needless to say we had almost forgotten that my Mom and Dad were waiting on us to catch the bus to Animal Kingdom for our first park day. We had a couple of FP on our Magic Bands we were excited to use and had to be there before 9:30 to catch our first one.
DSC00697.JPG

We were all pretty excited to get started on our big adventure. But none more excited than my Cadence.
DSC00696.JPG

She was not excited to have to wait on all of us to get our bags checked. But off we went! Animal Kingdom is one of my faves purely for the scenery. I am not a fan of the humidity that is brought on by all the trees and scenery, but on this trip I think this was the coolest day we had the entire time. Sweat would become a regular member of our party. :( I stopped to take a few pictures on our way to the safari (one of our must dos in AK and our first FP).
DSC00698.JPG
DSC00700.JPG
DSC00703.JPG
DSC00704.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom