A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

NearTheEars

Radiator Springs is not directly based in any actual state. It's a fictitious place that takes some of its inspiration from various states including CA. I think there is enough of a CA flavor to the setting that it's acceptable in a theme park based on CA. The rockwork and setting could easily be in CA. It's not much of a stretch to me.

Sounds a lot like Frozen in Norway ..... But much more people are OK with Carsland, possibly inspired by CA, being in DCA.

Brer Oswald

Sounds a lot like Frozen in Norway ..... But much more people are OK with Carsland, possibly inspired by CA, being in DCA.
That's true. I don't have an issue with Frozen in Epcot for the same reason. However, people are more okay with Carsland because it was extremely well done. You can't say the same thing about Frozen. And if the other resorts get WAY better Frozen lands and attractions, you can't really blame the people on the boards complaining that WDW always gets cheated out.

RSoxNo1

IMHO it is its own land. I'm not sure why they decided to make it part of Fantasyland. Maybe just because it was wrapped up in the "Fantasyland Expansion" plans. In reality they could really split Fantasyland into 3 separate lands:
  1. Castle Courtyard: classic Fantasyland with the Bavarian village look within the "castle walls"
  2. Enchanted Forest: part of FLE including Mine Train, LM and BaTB areas which are beyond the "castle walls"
  3. Storybook Circus: I'm not even sure if there was an attempt to link this area to the rest of Fantasyland with a backstory. Maybe it's the area beyond the forest where the train station is and the Circus is setting up.
From a theme perspective 1 and 2 are easily linked as parts of "Fantasyland" but 3 really isn't.
On Disney park maps, Storybook Circus is part of Fantasyland.

And for those questioning it, Enchanted Forest is the name of the other section as GoofGoof says above.

The_Jobu

I agree, though I don't think it needs to be a bloodbath to be a successful story.

I'm much more a lifetime DC Fan and not Marvel (I actually think I have bought like 3 marvel comics in my life and I usually see maybe 2 out of 3 of the films, usually on Bluray after), even though I'm sure I'll be labeled a "Marvel fanboy" for pointing this out - but Marvel just had its 14th straight #1 opening film. Even if it dropped off immediately and it's the last one to do so well, that's a stunning run and has more than paid for the purchase many times over. Given that it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon, it's funny watching people try to spin anything negative regarding it.
Marvel Studios do what they do very well. Just crank out solid films, nothing too ambitious, stick to the formula, respect the source material and avoid stunt casting.

They never fall flat on their face.

They make it look easy yet WB can never get out of their bad habits.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Marvel Studios do what they do very well. Just crank out solid films, nothing too ambitious, stick to the formula, respect the source material and avoid stunt casting.

Wait a second. What are you doing? If you're not a rabid fanboi of something that Disney does you're supposed to savagely tear into and insult anyone who likes it.

At least, that's what I've learned from this thread.

raymusiccity

The issue is so many superheroes fall in so many families and umbrellas you can argue nearly everyone is tied to this via this and that to the point Disney would get nothing but as Spirit has hinted at there were deals made. As to what no idea.

So, instead of 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon', what should we call this Marvel conundrum?!

Mike S

I agree, though I don't think it needs to be a bloodbath to be a successful story.

I'm much more a lifetime DC Fan and not Marvel (I actually think I have bought like 3 marvel comics in my life and I usually see maybe 2 out of 3 of the films, usually on Bluray after), even though I'm sure I'll be labeled a "Marvel fanboy" for pointing this out - but Marvel just had its 14th straight #1 opening film. Even if it dropped off immediately and it's the last one to do so well, that's a stunning run and has more than paid for the purchase many times over. Given that it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon, it's funny watching people try to spin anything negative regarding it.
It won't be a total bloodbath I don't think. The hint is the actors that aren't signed on for more movies after it.
I think that would mean Iron Man and Captain America. Can't remember the rest.
EPCOT Center was a great park.

DCA 1.0 was far from it and had nowhere near the fan base.

gmajew

Premium Member

They make it look easy yet WB can never get out of their bad habits.

I will have to say they have been incredible casting these actors for the main roles. Each one of them so far has been perfect. I am not a Cumber fan but he was perfect for the role of Dr strange.... I really think that may be the best thing they do for these movies.... they are getting the right people playing the part. Look at Batman for example... we were in a rut until the Dark Knight got the right actor now back in a rut even though Aflack did a good job.

Sir_Cliff

I was just shopping in Svolvaer, Norway this afternoon when this popped up by chance as I walked by. Considering the tortured backstory for Disney Springs and the quiet struggle of Don Tomás to open a turkey leg stand on Paradise Pier, it seems logical that the backstory for FEA could involve Anna, Elsa, & co. taking a break while rehearsing for Frost on Ice. I can imagine a very long post on the Disney Parks blog explaining that one!

Attachments

• 20161107_154511.jpg
    20161107_154511.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 108

Rescue Ranger

Are they still releasing new ToT merchandise? It always seemed to sell very well. Clearly enough to give it its own dedicated line of merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom