A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Disneyhead'71

IMHO it is its own land. I'm not sure why they decided to make it part of Fantasyland. Maybe just because it was wrapped up in the "Fantasyland Expansion" plans. In reality they could really split Fantasyland into 3 separate lands:
  1. Castle Courtyard: classic Fantasyland with the Bavarian village look within the "castle walls"
  2. Enchanted Forest: part of FLE including Mine Train, LM and BaTB areas which are beyond the "castle walls"
  3. Storybook Circus: I'm not even sure if there was an attempt to link this area to the rest of Fantasyland with a backstory. Maybe it's the area beyond the forest where the train station is and the Circus is setting up.
From a theme perspective 1 and 2 are easily linked as parts of "Fantasyland" but 3 really isn't.
I believe it is Storybook Forest and Storybook Circus. The whole FLE is supposed to look like illustrations in a storybook.

Brer Oswald

IMHO it is its own land. I'm not sure why they decided to make it part of Fantasyland. Maybe just because it was wrapped up in the "Fantasyland Expansion" plans. In reality they could really split Fantasyland into 3 separate lands:
  1. Castle Courtyard: classic Fantasyland with the Bavarian village look within the "castle walls"
  2. Enchanted Forest: part of FLE including Mine Train, LM and BaTB areas which are beyond the "castle walls"
  3. Storybook Circus: I'm not even sure if there was an attempt to link this area to the rest of Fantasyland with a backstory. Maybe it's the area beyond the forest where the train station is and the Circus is setting up.
From a theme perspective 1 and 2 are easily linked as parts of "Fantasyland" but 3 really isn't.
At this point, is consider Winnie the Pooh part of the Fantasyland Forest. Fits with the theme and is adjacent to Mine Train.

GiveMeTheMusic

That burger looks like it's been rotting for years... Star Wars land is seriously going to have food like that? There is zero chance I'm getting food there if so. Food isn't supposed to look absolutely vile.

They sell them at Disneyland in Tomorrowland as part of the special Star Wars menu.
Doesn't inspire much confidence in future food offerings.

bcoachable

Dr Strange was really good-
probably the first 3D flick I've seen that I left saying I'm glad I watched it in 3D.
Not super "younger kid friendly" though, in my opinion. Would love to see this have some presence in the park, however, I can't think of any merchandise that would sell like hot cakes, so I bet it will not. (can't see many cloaks of levitation "flying" off the shelves)

Cesar R M

Norway and Denmark were the same country until the early 1800's.
Wouldnt be just easier to change the name of the area to "Escandinavian Pavilion" and divide it into norway, denmark..etc.. with different products..etc..? they could even toss up other classic tales, (like the ugly duckling)

gmajew

Premium Member
How do you know there've been no consequences? Good storytelling, especially in a cinematic universe, doesn't plop a consequence immediately after an action, it takes time to build up to consequences. We've had ONE movie since Civil War and that's been a breather introducing Doc Strange. We're not going to see some fallout until Spider-Man (or Iron Man 5 feat. Spider-Man if RDJ has anything to say about the script) and on top of that, the Russo Bros have already revealed that Cap's retired and has asylum in Wakanda, Bucky decided to freeze himself again in the post credits sequence of Civil War, and the Avengers have essentially broken up. I'll be shocked if Peter doesn't have a lot of issues with Tony going into Homecoming

Big difference and the dramatic difference cap still alive. Sure it has its drama but still the movie was wrapped up way to fast and did not have or appear to have the same harm and damage as the comic.

AEfx

People will die in Infinity War. They're saving the drama for that. Bet on it.

Only 2 years!!! :D

I agree, though I don't think it needs to be a bloodbath to be a successful story.

I'm much more a lifetime DC Fan and not Marvel (I actually think I have bought like 3 marvel comics in my life and I usually see maybe 2 out of 3 of the films, usually on Bluray after), even though I'm sure I'll be labeled a "Marvel fanboy" for pointing this out - but Marvel just had its 14th straight #1 opening film. Even if it dropped off immediately and it's the last one to do so well, that's a stunning run and has more than paid for the purchase many times over. Given that it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon, it's funny watching people try to spin anything negative regarding it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom