A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

michmousefan

Steering back a bit to the thread topic... here's a new interview with Kevin Feige who chats about the Tower re-do in DCA and seems to indicate that the Florida version will stay as it is. Of course, I have no idea to what degree he is familiar with the plans of Chapek & Co., so he might be as surprised as the rest of us should the unfortunate happen in Florida.

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-development-process/

GiveMeTheMusic

Steering back a bit to the thread topic... here's a new interview with Kevin Feige who chats about the Tower re-do in DCA and seems to indicate that the Florida version will stay as it is. Of course, I have no idea to what degree he is familiar with the plans of Chapek & Co., so he might be as surprised as the rest of us should the unfortunate happen in Florida.

While Feige has influence, it's sadly not his decision to make - so this is not the final word on the matter. Disney will continue to waffle on how to add GOTG to WDW in the cheapest, most angering way possible for a little while longer.

Mike S

All I get is a gray page with pictures and no text...

The_Jobu

I will have to say they have been incredible casting these actors for the main roles. Each one of them so far has been perfect. I am not a Cumber fan but he was perfect for the role of Dr strange.... I really think that may be the best thing they do for these movies.... they are getting the right people playing the part. Look at Batman for example... we were in a rut until the Dark Knight got the right actor now back in a rut even though Aflack did a good job.

I think the casting differences is really a great point. With Marvel casting I often think "of course, that's a natural choice" and it almost always works. With DC/WB they keep going with head-scratching choices for casting that the studio wants us to trust them will work out. Sometimes it does (Ledger-Joker, Batfleck), a lot of times it doesn't (Hathaway-Catwoman, Jesse-Luthor, most of S. Squad).

Mike S

I think the casting differences is really a great point. With Marvel casting I often think "of course, that's a natural choice" and it almost always works. With DC/WB they keep going with head-scratching choices for casting that the studio wants us to trust them will work out. Sometimes it does (Ledger-Joker, Batfleck), a lot of times it doesn't (Hathaway-Catwoman, Jesse-Luthor, most of S. Squad).
Bryan Cranston was such an obvious choice and fans did want him AFAIK. Wth were they thinking.

In contrast I looked at the cast list for Thor: Ragnarok and saw Jeff Goldblum cast as someone called "The Grandmaster." Having no idea who that is I looked him up and it seems like a perfect match.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sounds a lot like Frozen in Norway ..... But much more people are OK with Carsland, possibly inspired by CA, being in DCA.
Agreed. I think the majority of the issue people had with Frozen in Norway was around more toons/IPs in EPCOT and the fact that they were replacing an existing ride instead of building a brand new attraction. Some did argue that Frozen wasn't technically in Norway, but it always seemed like a silly, academic debate. There were bigger fish to fry with that ride.

Getting back to the topic at hand...there's still just no justifying it.

Brer Oswald

And yet every time I see one in the theaters, there are dozens upon dozens of people leaving the theater as soon as the credits begin. It happened with "Dr. Strange", and that was at the 7pm showing on Thursday evening!!!
And here I am, waiting after the credits of every Disney movie I watch in theatres. That Wreck it Ralph Easter egg gave me high hopes...and future disappointments.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Some did argue that Frozen wasn't technically in Norway, but it always seemed like a silly, academic debate

The 'its not in norway' was not an argument against against the ride - it was a rebuttal to the argument that it belongs because Frozen's setting is in Norway. It's not.
The attraction is set in a park region where the purpose of the attractions is to share, educate, and celebrate the host country - the frozen story, characters, and plot do none of that... It's simply set in a Scandinavian setting. The movie's setting is not a justification for 'fitting' or 'purpose'. No more than National Lampoons belongs anywhere in World Showcase simply because the movie was set there.

Carsland does not have the same issues regarding lack and conflict of purpose. Carsland has the same ambiguous setting issue, but the car culture is lifted straight from Cali (and is HUGE) and the setting can be fibbed enough to not really detract. Just like Frozen's setting is ambiguous and can be fibbed.. but the attraction doesn't do anything to leverage the setting to support the 'lands purpose' - unlike Carsland.

The summerhaus and queue are the only things that 'fit' in the pavilion. The attraction itself is just gratitious 'because we can' fitment that is looked down upon because it so blatantly craps on the World Showcase concept. Something that Carsland does not do in DCA 2.0

Cesar R M

Thats not in 4th edition.
Thats the issue of MTG.. they seem to change rules as fast as someone changes socks.
I still remember when my plague /pestilence rats deck was insanely powerful.
People will die in Infinity War. They're saving the drama for that. Bet on it.

Only 2 years!!! :D
just to be revived by the same infinity gauntled later on..
You gonna bet on it! Probably to replace chars or rotate from amazon universe to ultimate and so on..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom