A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Here is what was on Star Wars.com... I am starting to buy the Rey is a Skywalker theory lol.

THE OFFICIAL TITLE FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII REVEALED
ANNOUNCING THE NAME OF THE NEXT FILM IN THE SKYWALKER SAGA.
We have the greatest fans in this or any other galaxy. In appreciation of the fans, we wanted them to be the first to know the title of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI.

THE LAST JEDI is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is scheduled for release December 15, 2017

Stevek

Here is what was on Star Wars.com... I am starting to buy the Rey is a Skywalker theory lol.

THE OFFICIAL TITLE FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII REVEALED
ANNOUNCING THE NAME OF THE NEXT FILM IN THE SKYWALKER SAGA.
We have the greatest fans in this or any other galaxy. In appreciation of the fans, we wanted them to be the first to know the title of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI.

THE LAST JEDI is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is scheduled for release December 15, 2017
I started thinking the same thing about Rey when they said Skywalker Saga...but of course, they could be referring to Luke.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I started thinking the same thing about Rey when they said Skywalker Saga...but of course, they could be referring to Luke.

Agreed that is why I am not 100% sold. However Luke was literally in the last minute of the last movie so I have a hard time believing it is him. It could be about Kylo Ren he is a Skywalker and the Trilogies have always been the story about the Skywalker family, so it could be him they are referring to.

Princess Leia

Agreed that is why I am not 100% sold. However Luke was literally in the last minute of the last movie so I have a hard time believing it is him. It could be about Kylo Ren he is a Skywalker and the Trilogies have always been the story about the Skywalker family, so it could be him they are referring to.
I mean technically, it could be both Rey and Ben.
Prequel Trilogy- Shmi Skywalker, Anakin, and Padme (by marriage)
Original Trilogy- Anakin, Luke & Leia
Sequel Trilogy- Luke, Leia, Ben... maybe Rey (She's either Luke's kid or Leia & Han's kid, who knows, but that girl is a Skywalker thru and thru).

Last edited:

Cesar R M

masterrace.png

(Disclaimer: I mostly just play my GameCube still lol)
dirtyconsolepeasantsvsgloriouspcmasterrace.jpg

Glorious!!!
I like to think that fat "master race" dude as Gaben (Valve's owner and the most used game distribution system for PC)

Cesar R M

Shanghai Disney Attendance:
http://www.traveldailymedia.com/246047/shanghai-disney-ends-year-with-5-6m-visitors/
http://www.poandpo.com/companies/nu...-disney-jumps-to-nearly-6-million-1812017496/

Local press continues to hammer it:
http://shanghaiist.com/2017/01/17/shanghai_disneyland_visitors.php

aka Disney and Shendi's publicly stated goal for phase one is 12 Million. That's not even supposed to be year one.

A newspaper owned by a Japanese Conglomerate also included a plug for Tokyo Disneyland. lol
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Shanghai-Disneyland-beset-by-everyday-life
Wow, some of these websites make it sound like its a nightmare to go to Shangai Disneyland. Also.. reselling fastpasses and memoralia? what the hell!

DDLand

Wow, some of these websites make it sound like its a nightmare to go to Shangai Disneyland. Also.. reselling fastpasses and memoralia? what the hell!
I can't speak for everyone, but I was there 4 days and I didn't experience any of that. It really was quite nice. I'm writing up more about Shanghai Disney and want to share that soon, but it seems like there's a strong amount of bias against the park in several newspapers. I went during a slower period, but still it was nothing like that.

The two operational things I noted were:
1) Remember how Spirit mentioned that in Shanghai Disneyland's rush to open Disney had to just put one temporary coat of paint? Yeah, it seems like he was right. There were issues with paint all over the park. That's something they need to get fixed.
2) They would occasionally take certain attractions down early or not open them until noon. That was a bit frustrating, but I would guess in the mad dash to get the park open rides have required some fine tuning afterwards.
Neither issue should permanent, and as the Resort continues to improve they'll get a handle on everything. That's called growing pains. For a park that started with literally no operating experience, to go to what I saw just a half year in is remarkable. They've done an excellent job.

The Japanese paper made it sound like a barbaric wasteland. I can assure you it deserves the Disney name. Though they'll keep getting better.

It's amusing they're taking for granted this incredible performance. A couple interesting facts:
1) At 5.6 Million for calendar year 2016, Shanghai Disneyland would place number 21 on the top 25 Theme and Amusement Parks based off 2015 performance. Only a half year of operation.
2) With 5.6 Million, it would place 11th in terms of the Asian Market and 5th in China.
3) Interestingly Hong Kong Disneyland's first year of operation was 5.2 Million. While a totally different marketplace and a totally different buildout (including cost), it gives context.
4) With great customer sat and high occupancy things are strong.

Honestly I don't know how they could have launched this park any better. Like any launch it wasn't perfect, but it seems like they're off to a great start.

Princess Leia

Ok good. I'm not the only who thinks that sounds terrible.
I've been thinking about the series and Carrie. From the sounds of it, she's reunited with Luke in one, and confronts Ben (idk why, but I can't call him Kylo Ren) in another. Or that was the plan anyways (still feel like they might recast her). I really don't see them killing Luke after they killed Han though (from what I've observed, Mark likes playing Luke, as opposed to Harrison and Han).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Shanghai Disney Attendance:
http://www.traveldailymedia.com/246047/shanghai-disney-ends-year-with-5-6m-visitors/
http://www.poandpo.com/companies/nu...-disney-jumps-to-nearly-6-million-1812017496/

Local press continues to hammer it:
http://shanghaiist.com/2017/01/17/shanghai_disneyland_visitors.php

aka Disney and Shendi's publicly stated goal for phase one is 12 Million. That's not even supposed to be year one.

A newspaper owned by a Japanese Conglomerate also included a plug for Tokyo Disneyland. lol
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Shanghai-Disneyland-beset-by-everyday-life
I enjoy the bias in the Shanghai List article. According to them in 6 months they had 5.6M visitors and if attendance continues at the same level it will barely be over 10M for the first year. Maybe my basic math is a little rusty, but wouldn't that be 11.2M for the year. If they consider 1.2M to be barely anything they can cut me a check;)

I don't really care all that much if the park succeeds, but it sure seems there are a bunch of people heavily rooting for failure. Interesting to watch.

DDLand

I enjoy the bias in the Shanghai List article. According to them in 6 months they had 5.6M visitors and if attendance continues at the same level it will barely be over 10M for the first year. Maybe my basic math is a little rusty, but wouldn't that be 11.2M for the year. If they consider 1.2M to be barely anything they can cut me a check;)

I don't really care all that much if the park succeeds, but it sure seems there are a bunch of people heavily rooting for failure. Interesting to watch.
There was a bit of a drop off in these Winter months, which is expected. The big make or break moment will come during this Chinese New Year. That's the big wait and see. Even if it loses steam it should be the number one Chinese Theme Park. It's looking like its chances for 10 Million are getting stronger. Expansion should be on the way shortly.

Speaking of Shanghai the Roaring Rapids ride opened today after being closed for 3 months.
Are you sure? It was supposed to have reopened on the 19th. Where did you see that? Perhaps it got delayed. They're planning some further Roaring Rapids and Crystal Grotto work in the coming months. I think Crystal Grotto was one that needed some paint work, so that should a good thing.

Last edited:

Rteetz

Are you sure? It was supposed to have reopened on the 19th. Where did you see that? Perhaps it got delayed. They're planning some further Roaring Rapids and Crystal Grotto work in the coming months. I think Crystal Grotto was one that needed some paint work, so that should a good thing.
Reports on Twitter said it opened back up, it doesn't say specifically today but its the first report I have seen.

https://twitter.com/adrieltjokro/status/823469723857784833

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom