A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Mike S

From the office of Imagineer Joe Rohde

Daaaaaaaaang.

Now if only I had the opportunity to, acquire them...

I could fetch a very pretty penny from the fanboy market.

Edit: guess I forgot I had this reply written up. Lol.
Speaking of Nintendo...

Zelda stuff in the possible third gate has big shoes to fill

Getting that day 1 with my Switch!!! :D

EPCOTCenterLover

Epcot West?
I'm confused with that idea. But it looks like a futuristic building in the middle of the Wild West style terrain?
I keep having a West World vibe.
*edit*
Just read about WestCOT online. Wow, I need to get more informed on this!
Just Wishing Disney's standards hadn't sunk as bad as Joe's earlobe.

Stay tuned. I'm almost done with a lengthy Westcot article for my blog.

DDLand

These are from the 7th, but are still more up to date than some other photos I've seen. There's no Explorer's Lodge Thread in the Asia section, so I'll just drop them here. Sorry about photo quality, the sun was shining right onto the window causing some nasty glare and bringing out the smudges on the window...
IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1723.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

Then there's this... I suspect that this is the sign and it's going to be mounted onto the rock formation:
IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

Forgive my many crimes against photography. The security guard thought I was weird, but at least he didn't tell me to go away. ;) It looks like 4240 has a real winner with this hotel! I'm looking forward to closer up (and better) photos. Some of the grounds looked a little unfinished, but for the most part the hotel looks nearly ready to open.

Update: Added another photo of the car covered entrance.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I have no issue with it. Cast younger and age digitally or practically, they can be in the saga and anthologies.
I'm fine with a recast too. My son and I have picked Catherine Zeta Jones.

To be honest, in TFA, Han was still Han; too little of Luke to say for sure; but Leia was not the Leia of Episodes IV, V, VI. As someone who has not kept up with her, I was not only startled by her dramatic physical transformation, I scarcely recognized her voice.

I'm a woman about to turn 50, so I feel fine saying this - the passage of time is generally much kinder to men than it is to women. :(

Cesar R M

Sounds great! As much as I love E.T., I would be for getting rid of it for something new and refreshing. And that is coming from a guy who is still distraught over losing JAWS.:joyfull:
id rather have them update it.
That ride is iconic.
Or they could convince Spielberg to make a encounters of third kind ride right next to Men in Black.

Cesar R M

These are from the 7th, but are still more up to date than some other photos I've seen. There's no Explorer's Lodge Thread in the Asia section, so I'll just drop them here. Sorry about photo quality, the sun was shining right onto the window causing some nasty glare and bringing out the smudges on the window... View attachment 184987
View attachment 184988
View attachment 184989
View attachment 184992
Then there's this... I suspect that this is the sign and it's going to be mounted onto the rock formation:
View attachment 184990
View attachment 184991
Forgive my many crimes against photography. The security guard thought I was weird, but at least he didn't tell me to go away. ;) It looks like 4240 has a real winner with this hotel! I'm looking forward to closer up (and better) photos. Some of the grounds looked a little unfinished, but for the most part the hotel looks nearly ready to open.

Update: Added another photo of the car covered entrance.
I'm confused, where is this exactly located?

DDLand

I'm confused, where is this exactly located?
This is Disney's Explorer's Lodge at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. It's being spearheaded by the company of the man who built Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and The Grand Californian. They also did the DVC additions for each, and that's why they're some of the best ones. I'm happy they're doing another one. If I'm being completely honest, I think they've built the most quintesstially Disney hotels in the chain. Incredibly detailed, thoughtfully researched, and strengthened by compelling back stories.

Explorers Lodge looks like it's going to be a home run. Peter Dominick would proud.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...land-breaks-ground-on-disney-explorers-lodge/

Sadly, it couldn't be opening at a worse time. Anecdotally the Hotels seemed full when I was there.

Rteetz

From the Orange County Register on Twitter.

They got a construction tour of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout at DCA with Joe Rohde and Marvel's Joe Quesada. The ride will have multiple variations, rock n roll music from the movie, and will keep the same ride time and capacity. The setting is Tivan the Collector's museum where he is unveiling his latest collection the guardians of the galaxy. Visitors walk into a giant vault. The queue will feature other collections from the marvel universe. Visitors will also help Rocket who has escaped and is hiding in the vents, the goal is to free rocket and the other guardians. The riders will enter the elevator and turn off a generator, once the generator is off the elevator loses control. Joe Rohde says the ride will be high pace and frenetic. The elevator door may not always open it is random. The collection display will have tons of Easter eggs from Marvel movies, TV, and future things.

mickEblu

Daaaaaaaaang.

Now if only I had the opportunity to, acquire them...

I could fetch a very pretty penny from the fanboy market.

Edit: guess I forgot I had this reply written up. Lol.

Getting that day 1 with my Switch!!! :D

I stopped playing video games circa 1999. But from what I understand Ocarina of Time on N64 Is still the greatest game ever made so I guess I'm not missing out on much.

andre85

They got a construction tour of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout at DCA with Joe Rohde and Marvel's Joe Quesada. The ride will have multiple variations, rock n roll music from the movie, and will keep the same ride time and capacity. The setting is Tivan the Collector's museum where he is unveiling his latest collection the guardians of the galaxy. Visitors walk into a giant vault. The queue will feature other collections from the marvel universe. Visitors will also help Rocket who has escaped and is hiding in the vents, the goal is to free rocket and the other guardians. The riders will enter the elevator and turn off a generator, once the generator is off the elevator loses control. Joe Rohde says the ride will be high pace and frenetic. The elevator door may not always open it is random. The collection display will have tons of Easter eggs from Marvel movies, TV, and future things.

Same ride time? That's disappointing. I was hoping (and I suppose they still could) that they would reuse the show floors between drops. It's something that's unique to that ride system that they could do to extend and expand the story.

Cesar R M

still not sold...

anyway, hilarious.. its exactly almost what we predicted in the forum when the idea was pitched.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom