A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Soarin' Over Pgh

Moana Blu Ray was announced and it looks like we're getting a fairly large set of bonus features.

Preordered it already. I'm surprised the short Lava wasn't on this release. I think it would have fit well.

Or has it been released and I haven't been paying attention?

Regardless that's quite a nice lineup and I'm looking forward to watching it all

Absimilliard

Well, it looks like LucasFilm has meddled in the theme park side of Star Wars. According to a report on a french website, DLP had started serious practice for live action elements in the main Season of the Force projection show, but LucasFilm pulled the plug on the live action portion. No lightsaber battles, no awesome stunts. The reason listed is baffling: LucasFilm demanded that the Season of the Force show only be a "showcase" of the Star Wars saga, with no full scenes or retelling of the films allowed.

I am quite baffled.... is LucasFilm that worried that a guest who would watch the show would not buy a Blu-ray? Not go see Rogue One? It reminds me of a corporate game I did a few years ago where they divided participants in 4 "divisions" and asked us to make money... End result? One division dominated all and showed great results... while the other 3 divisions lost money hand over fist and drained the company bottom line. Is LucasFilm that paranoid and arrogant?

JoeCamel

Well, it looks like LucasFilm has meddled in the theme park side of Star Wars. According to a report on a french website, DLP had started serious practice for live action elements in the main Season of the Force projection show, but LucasFilm pulled the plug on the live action portion. No lightsaber battles, no awesome stunts. The reason listed is baffling: LucasFilm demanded that the Season of the Force show only be a "showcase" of the Star Wars saga, with no full scenes or retelling of the films allowed.

I am quite baffled.... is LucasFilm that worried that a guest who would watch the show would not buy a Blu-ray? Not go see Rogue One? It reminds me of a corporate game I did a few years ago where they divided participants in 4 "divisions" and asked us to make money... End result? One division dominated all and showed great results... while the other 3 divisions lost money hand over fist and drained the company bottom line. Is LucasFilm that paranoid and arrogant?

Well they are a 4 billion dollar baby....

VJ

No no no, you have it all wrong. Lucasfilm isn't the one meddling here. It's all Iger and his grubby hands! Disney controls everything! Iger's all to blame here! Kathleen Kennedy is just a scapegoat!

;)

Cesar R M

I'm sure by the time episode 9 comes around they will be using Princess Leia the same way they used her in Rogue One. Disney had to make an announcement because Carrie Fisher had just been buried in the ground and didn't want to come off as distasteful. You will have the same people complaining that they didn't use her to finish her character off in the proper way. Dammed if you, dammed if you don't.
Could be worse honestly.
Like they did in Fast and Furious (Paul Walker).

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
LucasFilm demanded that the Season of the Force show only be a "showcase" of the Star Wars saga, with no full scenes or retelling of the films allowed

am quite baffled.... is LucasFilm that worried that a guest who would watch the show would not buy a Blu-ray?

See I take it quite differently. When Disney acquired Lucasfilm Kathleen Kennedy and others were very vocal about how they would protect the franchise from being disneyfied. While this has happened in some degree in other areas it's been a full 180, notice we no longer see the fab five in their star wars robes?

I would imagine that if the l show was not up to the Star Wars standard they would have made sure it got cut. The other issue is what was the shows story, this poses Canon issues, again something Lucasfilm has been about since theyou were acquired. And even if it had nothing to do with Canon for one reason or another Lucasfilm is against face characters at the moment. They are not in meet and greets and I would assume they want to keep them off the park stage as well.

Don't get me wrong I would like to see some fully trained jedi "performers" go at it in the parks, however Lucasfilm seems unwilling to go there just yet, but I don't know/belive that this is profits driven.

Nmoody1

See I take it quite differently. When Disney acquired Lucasfilm Kathleen Kennedy and others were very vocal about how they would protect the franchise from being disneyfied. While this has happened in some degree in other areas it's been a full 180, notice we no longer see the fab five in their star wars robes?

I would imagine that if the l show was not up to the Star Wars standard they would have made sure it got cut. The other issue is what was the shows story, this poses Canon issues, again something Lucasfilm has been about since theyou were acquired. And even if it had nothing to do with Canon for one reason or another Lucasfilm is against face characters at the moment. They are not in meet and greets and I would assume they want to keep them off the park stage as well.

Don't get me wrong I would like to see some fully trained jedi "performers" go at it in the parks, however Lucasfilm seems unwilling to go there just yet, but I don't know/belive that this is profits driven.

In a way I could see it that unless they are using top notch stunts people, maybe Lucasfilm think the quality is not quite there and so are protecting the brand. Also, (I may be wrong here) but didn't the live action part end with all characters on stage.... To the point that Darth Maul was on the same stage as Kylo Ren? Could have something to do with the stories being all mixed.

It's interesting that it has pulled the live action stuff from this show, but not from the Disney Cruise Line fireworks... Unless they have pulled them this year?

cjkeating

In a way I could see it that unless they are using top notch stunts people, maybe Lucasfilm think the quality is not quite there and so are protecting the brand. Also, (I may be wrong here) but didn't the live action part end with all characters on stage.... To the point that Darth Maul was on the same stage as Kylo Ren? Could have something to do with the stories being all mixed.

It's interesting that it has pulled the live action stuff from this show, but not from the Disney Cruise Line fireworks... Unless they have pulled them this year?

If anyone cared about the brand they would stop the Star Wars fashion show (I can't remember its real name) at DHS.

FigmentJedi

If canon was that much of a point of contention, what about Star Tours?

If anyone cared about the brand they would stop the Star Wars fashion show (I can't remember its real name) at DHS.
Because it does nothing with the characters beyond throwing some randos onto a stage for a few seconds in-between clipshow bits.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Because it does nothing with the characters beyond throwing some randos onto a stage for a few seconds in-between clipshow bits.

But, isn't that a parade? A bunch of randos filing past you? If we had a SW parade, wouldn't it be the same cast of characters waving at you one after another like some sort of... fashion show?

With the SW show, you get the big screen and story. With a parade you get decorated trucks.

Call it a "deconstructed parade"... works for chefs.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No

It's interesting that it has pulled the live action stuff from this show, but not from the Disney Cruise Line fireworks.

Without knowing what the show was going to be about its hard to speculate. But I am strictly speaking about face characters, Luke, Leia, padme those guys, Lucasfilm seems to not want them in the parks for one reason or another. I can not comment on the cruise line as I don't know anything about it but would expect the same is true.

If canon was that much of a point of contention, what about Star Tours?

Well REX and a few parts of Star Tours have been "Canonized". I belive they are seen and have small roles in the Clone Wars/Rebels show... I can't remember were I saw them... the parts that are not cannon, according to rumor, will be removed and The last remnants of the pre-acquisition years will have been swept away

FigmentJedi

Well REX and a few parts of Star Tours have been "Canonized". I belive they are seen and have small roles in the Clone Wars/Rebels show...
Elements have been brought into canon, but the actual show experience of the current Star Tours is a mess. Adding random sequel trilogy scenes into what was loosely intended as a "Between the PT and OT" story into something that's already overdosed with injokes, Disney easter eggs and just stuff that makes the Galaxy feel small even worse.

If they're even planning on keeping it around for whatever reason after Star Wars Land's first year, I'd love for it to get another overhaul. Bring back Rex, keep the destination shuffle concept, but give us more then just recycled scenes from the movies. When there's only one really coherent narrative in your combination system (Vader>Kashyyk>Ackbar>Geonosis) that actually does make sense for the time setting, I think there's an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom