A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

No...the only thing that will work is if you stop going.

Cancel your trip and inform the Walt Disney Company that you will be taking your business elsewhere because of this decision.

Affecting changes requires sacrifice to make a point. I'm sure some are willing and other will justify their continued patronage as they are "spending less".
They won't notice your absence though...

Bairstow

If nothing else, if Disney goes forward with a Guardians overlay for the Florida Tower, it will be fun to watch the hysterical backlash from casual fans on social media. The chorus of boos when Disney unveiled the California version at comiccon was a good start.

Observation: the Florida Tower will have had a pretty good run. At this point, it's been in operation nearly as long as 20,000 Leagues was.

Californian Elitist

No...the only thing that will work is if you stop going.

Cancel your trip and inform the Walt Disney Company that you will be taking your business elsewhere because of this decision.

Affecting changes requires sacrifice to make a point. I'm sure some are willing and other will justify their continued patronage as they are "spending less".

That won't work either, let's be honest. For every guest that doesn't like a decision made by Disney, there's another who excuses it and is onboard.

I was riding the Red Car Trolley in DCA a couple of months ago, and I asked the host what he thought about the Tower conversion. He was ecstatic about it and listed multiple reasons as to why it was a fantastic idea.

Disney will always have crowds in their parks. There are lots of people who are addicted, and lots of others who aren't uber fans and are going just to have a good time. These people usually either aren't educated about the history and tradition, or simply don't care.

jakeman

They won't notice your absence though...

That won't work either, let's be honest. For every guest that doesn't like a decision made by Disney, there's another who excuses it and is onboard.

I was riding the Red Car Trolley in DCA a couple of months ago, and I asked the host what he thought about the Tower conversion. He was ecstatic about it and listed multiple reasons as to why it was a fantastic idea.

Disney will always have crowds in their parks. There are lots of people who are addicted, and lots of others who aren't uber fans and are going just to have a good time. These people usually either aren't educated about the history and tradition, or simply don't care.
Then keep going, enjoy your Groot Tower and know that you didn't do everything you personally could to stop it.

All this outrage by many...but no effort it seems to try to make a difference or change this.

Honestly, if you care enough....just saying "it won't work" is pretty lame....you should still try.
Tell that to the Adventurers Club fans because we fought like hell for that, and look how that turned out. Bottom line is Disney does not care. PERIOD.

jakeman

Because it won't work.

We're trying in California and nothing so far has worked.

This is reality.
How many times have you provided a turnstile click, or ate a meal, or bought something at Disneyland or DCA since it was announced?
I'm going to do what I can and that is spread the word. Because that is all we can do.
No it's not. Disney cares about money. Don't give them any of your money. Get other people to not give them any of their money.

How many times have you provided a turnstile click, or ate a meal, or bought something at Disneyland or DCA since it was announced?

No it's not. Disney cares about money. Don't give them any of your money. Get other people to not give them any of their money.
You're not getting it... The parks are packed to the brim and Disney doesn't care if you don't show up at their parks. They have billions of guests walking their parks happily ignorant of what is going on, why do they need you?

EPCOTCenterLover

Here's an idea if they just have to do this. Turn RNRC into GOTG. Close the entrance to RNRC from the its current location and put something else there that fits the Old Hollywood theme. Leave TZTOT alone. Create a whole new Marvel land and the entrance to GOTG from the back. Use that "blessing of size" for a change.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
:joyfull:
The stupid people who visit theme parks are too stupid to notice such things. They just want a brand experience to give meaning to their empty lives.
IMG_1340.JPG

Alice a

Wasn't there a new TofT movie in the works awhile back? Done right, it couldve been a cash cow and also brougt huge lines and crowds into HS...

Gutted by this. Leaving Sunday for my last trip as an AP, and last trip planned for years, at least. Even before this, we decided to vote with our $$$ and spend our vacay money elsewhere. Also, i love comics and have enjoyed most of the recent Marvel releases, but GotG left me cold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom