A Spirited Valentine ...

Mike S

"Voice acting is easy!: All I do is talk in a recording booth"

Funny. I remember a similar thing from Tom Hanks but the complete opposite. Something about having to say the same line over and over again in slightly different ways and hurting to talk by the end of the day.

Bolna

I'll go to the Paris section but I'm starting to check out prices for hotels and flights and it really doesn't seem too unreasonable (I'm also pricing out California/Disneyland -- it's been 9 years for me! I need to experience the new DCA) -- they're both a bit comparable at the moment.

I'm looking for September, but I'm open to going a bit later (couldn't really swing any earlier at the moment and this is very very very maybe). If I went to California I might want to go during either October or December to experience their Halloween or Christmas season, just because I've been on a 'regular day'.

Anyway, can someone tell me what would be a good price for a flight to Paris? (You can PM me, it doesn't have to be on here I know I'm thread derailing). I mean, it kind of is what it is I guess but I'd like a little feedback ... please and thank you :D. Obviously I'm flying from Florida.

DLP has really fun Halloween decorations, too. But October can already be quite cool in France, definitely not pool weather. But the parks are built for the cooler climate. I have been there in the winter and had no issues.

Flight prices: I am only buying tickets in the other direction and it seems that US to Europe is a little higher often. A good price for me is under 600€, so I think under 700$ should be considered good. Check out Norwegian.com. They are a low cost carrier (be aware that you pay extra for everything) and have some very good prices. Legacy carriers usually have one bag of 50 pounds and meals and drinks (European carriers include also alcohol) included for Transatlantic flights. Oh, and Icelandair has pretty good prices, too. With them you can even do a stopover in Iceland for a couple of days.

There are plenty of off site hotels one stop on the RER away from DLP that give you much more affordable options that the official hotels. For the official hotels, shop around on the different countries websites to see which country offers the best discount. Never book a DLP hotel without a discount. My favourite is the Sequoia Lodge, but don't expect the Wilderness Lodge, it is more like a moderate.

I did not PM because I know that the Spirit always approves of helping people to get to the other parks, but feel free to PM if you have more questions!

Kman101

DLP has really fun Halloween decorations, too. But October can already be quite cool in France, definitely not pool weather. But the parks are built for the cooler climate. I have been there in the winter and had no issues.

Flight prices: I am only buying tickets in the other direction and it seems that US to Europe is a little higher often. A good price for me is under 600€, so I think under 700$ should be considered good. Check out Norwegian.com. They are a low cost carrier (be aware that you pay extra for everything) and have some very good prices. Legacy carriers usually have one bag of 50 pounds and meals and drinks (European carriers include also alcohol) included for Transatlantic flights. Oh, and Icelandair has pretty good prices, too. With them you can even do a stopover in Iceland for a couple of days.

There are plenty of off site hotels one stop on the RER away from DLP that give you much more affordable options that the official hotels. For the official hotels, shop around on the different countries websites to see which country offers the best discount. Never book a DLP hotel without a discount. My favourite is the Sequoia Lodge, but don't expect the Wilderness Lodge, it is more like a moderate.

I did not PM because I know that the Spirit always approves of helping people to get to the other parks, but feel free to PM if you have more questions!

Thank you so much! If I start to really get into planning and have any questions I will absolutely shoot you a PM, I so appreciate that.

I feel good then, prices for flights were well under $600 US for September for what I noticed but it was a very quick glance. I just wanted to make sure it was a good/cheaper time and that I'm not overpaying. October sounds like a better idea. I do like their Halloween parade music and their decor looks better than what MK puts out so I may shoot for October instead. I won't object to cooler weather!

FigmentJedi

So apparently Disney's efforts to embed themselves in China have resulted in another Stitch spinoff series, "Stitch and Ai"
tumblr_ons989NDKa1sa3t1go1_540.png

http://m.xinhuanet.com/2017-03/27/c_1120703040.htm

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Because I know what's there before, it looks awful. But I'm hearing in person it doesn't look AS awful. I'm torn on the look. I'm just beyond grateful I don't have to look down Sunset Blvd. and see that. Could you even imagine?
Well, you never know. GotG has gone quiet regarding going into Ellen's Energy. Totally agree with you and don't want to see it at Sunset Blvd. too.

gmajew

Wait times this last week often bordered on horrendous

Yeah they were rally bad this past week. Pirates and mansion both got to over 60 min. Park was busy but had a lot of attractions down at the same time making it worse as well. And not big rides but people esters. Laugh floor went down twice how does that happen.... with missing stitch tomorrowland was crazy.

Kman101

Yeah they were rally bad this past week. Pirates and mansion both got to over 60 min. Park was busy but had a lot of attractions down at the same time making it worse as well. And not big rides but people esters. Laugh floor went down twice how does that happen.... with missing stitch tomorrowland was crazy.

I couldn't believe they had Stitch closed this week with how bad times were. Pirates was down just about all day 3/29. FP was definitely a blessing this week. And wait times weren't always accurate, but it's hard to say "accurate" when so many factors come into play with them. Test Track got up to 110 minutes on 3/28.

gmajew

I couldn't believe they had Stitch closed this week with how bad times were. Pirates was down just about all day 3/29. FP was definitely a blessing this week. And wait times weren't always accurate, but it's hard to say "accurate" when so many factors come into play with them. Test Track got up to 110 minutes on 3/28.

Yeah fast pass was a blessing this week. Actually worked out good for us all week where we got to ride 10-12 rides every day plus attractions. But we also go to park at opening to knock out a few mountains every day we were at the MK.

We did realize that wait times listed were about 20% high unless a ton of fast pass walked in after another show or parade.

Kman101

Yeah fast pass was a blessing this week. Actually worked out good for us all week where we got to ride 10-12 rides every day plus attractions. But we also go to park at opening to knock out a few mountains every day we were at the MK.

We did realize that wait times listed were about 20% high unless a ton of fast pass walked in after another show or parade.

Agreed about getting there at opening. It makes a world of difference if you plan smart. I have to say I was pleased with my FP selecting and the ability to go in and edit them and then choose another one if I had used them all up. I really do like the new system if you know how to use it. I got quite a bit accomplished. I never really struggled to get a FP for anything. I even snagged one for Mine Train at 10:25 at night. So it's not impossible, you just have to keep checking for times and availability. Frozen on the other hand? I never saw it pop up. But I thankfully only waited about 35 minutes in a possible 90 minute line. It was a one and done for me but I had to at least experience it. It wasn't as awful as some want it to be, placement sucks, but it's not bad. It could use a bit of work and the lighting was kinda terrible, but I can at least check it off.

Kman101

No I can't. Anytime I'm at DHS, I always make a point to ride TOT because you truly never know lately.

Me too. I had it as my avatar here for years and years. I love that ride. I'd be furious if it were removed, especially for the flavor of the month. And I love Guardians, but no. Just no. I still resent Pooh and Stitch for replacing Toad and Alien Encounter, even though I actually decided to ride Pooh this week. It was one of the lower waits so I figured it had been a long time, why not?

gmajew

Agreed about getting there at opening. It makes a world of difference if you plan smart. I have to say I was pleased with my FP selecting and the ability to go in and edit them and then choose another one if I had used them all up. I really do like the new system if you know how to use it. I got quite a bit accomplished. I never really struggled to get a FP for anything. I even snagged one for Mine Train at 10:25 at night. So it's not impossible, you just have to keep checking for times and availability. Frozen on the other hand? I never saw it pop up. But I thankfully only waited about 35 minutes in a possible 90 minute line. It was a one and done for me but I had to at least experience it. It wasn't as awful as some want it to be, placement sucks, but it's not bad. It could use a bit of work and the lighting was kinda terrible, but I can at least check it off.

Agreed if you plan right and use the system it works great. I was able to move and change my fast passes all the time for other attractions and times everywhere except Epcot. There the system stinks as not nearly enough to do. My two days at the park I needed just to get on frozen and test track and soarin. Any other ride is pointless for a fastpass.

I got to ride everything a min of 1 time and over my 8 day trip got on most E tickets 3-4 times besides Epcot rides. They were one and done.

Kman101

Agreed if you plan right and use the system it works great. I was able to move and change my fast passes all the time for other attractions and times everywhere except Epcot. There the system stinks as not nearly enough to do. My two days at the park I needed just to get on frozen and test track and soarin. Any other ride is pointless for a fastpass.

I got to ride everything a min of 1 time and over my 8 day trip got on most E tickets 3-4 times besides Epcot rides. They were one and done.

Same. Epcot was a little tougher. I didn't get on Test Track this trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom