A Spirited Perfect Ten

JoeCamel

I remember reading someone saying how Universal is pretty much "empty". I wonder how the Parks are going. I know DHS will be boosted thanks to Star Wars, and Magic kingdom will be Magic Kingdom.

Was at Universal last Friday for a "slow" crowd day. It was moderate to busy and certainly not empty. I spend a lot of time there so I would know the difference.

Yeah I know the drill ----- out, out rebel spy...........

culturenthrills

Was at Universal last Friday for a "slow" crowd day. It was moderate to busy and certainly not empty. I spend a lot of time there so I would know the difference.

Yeah, I don't know when these people are allegedly going but slow days at Universal aren't the same that they were 7-8 years ago. They are always busier than they used to be. I rarely see a dead day there anymore. God knows Minion Mayhem always has a 45 minute wait.

AEfx

Why should Hill's past be completely ignored when others' past behaviors are not? That's a totally fair question for anyone who deliberately, proactively places themselves in the public eye.

Particularly when the person being discussed would have no qualms of releasing similar information on anyone else, if he felt it strategically advantageous (or he just had a bad day). As you can see from his postings in this thread, erratic is a kind way to describe him.

Why for is Jim Hill's criminal past with the Walt Disney Company relevant?

AEfx - I keep hearing about these criminal charges brought against Jim Hill by Disney - which resulted in jail time! It does seem to be a bit scandalous, but are people over-reacting - I mean, it WAS 20 years ago??

- Janey Sue of Brattleboro, VT

Well, Janey Sue - thank you for your question. Why for is it important? Well, it depends - do you care about the really-for-real motivations various people in the Disney community have? Can you put the pieces together and see the whole picture - one of a man who has pretty much been doing the same thing for the past 20 years - trying to live off of the Walt Disney Company?

First, Jim Hill is not a young man. 20 years ago he was pushing 40. We aren't talking about youthful indiscretions by a teenager or a young adult. And you don't just get convictions and jail time out of a one time petty indiscretion - this is what happens for organized, on going fraud, which apparently is what he was convicted of. By the time someone is that age, their base personality is pretty much solidified. And his future behavior shows that he never really learned anything from the experience, other than trying to avoid illegally using whatever methods possible for making money off of Disney. "Trying not to cross legal lines again" does not equal rehabilitation.

So while it doesn't really change anything, it certainly speaks to what the thinking among us already knew - that Jim Hill continually demonstrates a lack of morals, has a preoccupation with the Disney company that extends from the incident discussed here, and has always just been trying to get a free ride from Disney one way or another.

He progressed from outright criminal behavior to more "soft" scams like gathering pledges to buy expensive electronic devices in exchange for promising his readers he'd finish the dozens of unfinished articles he wrote (and of course failed to deliver). Or taking $ for preorders for CDs that never materialized. And he brought up himself that he was selling tours inside of Disneyland and got kicked out - banned again. I would be ashamed to have done something to get kicked out once - this guy has had how many bans?

It's too bad this information wasn't widely available before. I wonder if all those folks that used to follow his highly negative Disney company posts 10, 12 years ago would have cheered him on so if they had known that his slanted articles were slanted because he was writing about a company that sent him to jail. It's like suddenly, things make sense - in a really-for-real way.

Back to Lee's original point - yes, it's absolutely astounding how after all of that, suddenly he is invited to Disney events and on their swag brigade. You have someone that has not only hurt the reputation of the company by his ill-founded posts over the years, but has a CRIMINAL past because of his actions with the Disney company, and has been kicked out on numerous occasions.

It reeks of desperation of the Disney community BS teams. Hill hasn't been relevant for years now, though (which is why it's so astounding that Disney seems to cater to him even if they can somehow forget about his super-shady and, yes, criminal past with them) - so it's unfortunate that this information didn't come to light earlier when it would have had a lot more relevance than the current - "Yup, just confirms everything I ever thought about that windbag".

Last edited:

Cesar R M

be careful.. bothans die too easily.

d8a4ca61d2ed263f1891c66dc4714545.jpg

lebeau

Particularly when the person being discussed would have no qualms of releasing similar information on anyone else, if he felt it strategically advantageous (or he just had a bad day).

AEfx - I keep hearing about these criminal charges brought against Jim Hill by Disney - which resulted in jail time! It does seem to be a bit scandalous, but are people over-reacting - I mean, it WAS 20 years ago??

Well, Janey Sue - thank you for your question. Why for is it important? Well, it depends - do you care about the really-for-real motivations various people in the Disney community have? Can you put the pieces together and see the whole picture - one of a man who has pretty much been doing the same thing for the past 20 years - trying to live off of the Walt Disney Company.

First, Jim Hill is not a young man. 20 years ago he was pushing 40. We aren't talking about youthful indiscretions by a teenager or a young adult. And you don't just get convictions and jail time out of a one time petty indiscretion - this is what happens for organized, on going fraud, which apparently is what he was convicted of. By the time someone is that age, their base personality is pretty much solidified. And his future behavior shows that he never really learned anything from the experience, other than trying to avoid illegally using whatever methods possible for making money off of Disney. "Trying not to get caught again" does not equal rehabilitation.

So while it doesn't really change anything, it certainly speaks to what the thinking among us already knew - that Jim Hill continually demonstrates a lack of morals, has a preoccupation with the Disney company that extends from the incident discussed here, and has always just been trying to get a free ride from Disney.

He progressed from outright criminal behavior to more "soft" scams like gathering pledges to buy expensive electronic devices in exchange for promising his readers he'd finish the dozens of unfinished articles he wrote. Or taking $ for preorders for CDs that never materialized. And he brought up himself that he was selling tours inside of Disneyland and got kicked out - banned again. I would be ashamed to have done something to get kicked out once - this guy has had how many bans?

It's too bad this information wasn't widely available before. I wonder if all those folks that used to follow his highly negative Disney company posts ten, twelve years ago would have cheered him on so if they had known that his slanted articles were slanted because he was writing about a company that sent him to jail. It's like suddenly, things make sense - in a really-for-real way.

Back to Lee's original point - yes, it's absolutely astounding how after all of that, suddenly he is invited to Disney events and on their swag brigade. You have someone that has not only hurt the reputation of the company by his ill-founded posts over the years, but has a CRIMINAL past because of his actions with the Disney company, and has been kicked out on numerous occasions.

It reeks of desperation of the Disney community BS teams. Hill hasn't been relevant for years now, though (which is why it's so astounding that Disney seems to cater to him even if they can somehow forget about his super-shady and, yes, criminal past with them - so it's unfortunate that this information didn't come to light earlier when it would have had a lot more relevance than the current - "Yup, just confirms everything I ever thought about that windbag".

83456978.gif

the.dreamfinder

Not cool Disney.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/quentin-tarantino-accuses-disney-extortionist-849382
Quentin Tarantino Accuses Disney of "Extortionist Practices" Over Theater Booking
Director Quentin Tarantino accused Disney of alleged "extortionist practices" Wednesday for refusing to give up the Arclight Hollywood's famed Cinerama Dome in order to make room for a 70mm run of his The Hateful Eight, beginning Christmas Day.

"They are going out of their way to f— me," said Tarantino during an appearance on The Howard Stern Show.

Disney booked the space months ago for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which begins rolling out Thursday night. It is scheduled to play at the dome throughout the holidays.

The Weinstein Co., which is distributing Hateful Eight, spent months trying to convince the Arclight to give them the dome for Hateful Eight, considering Force Awakens is also booked at the nearby TCL Chinese Theatre and the Disney-owned El Capitan Theatre, also premium venues.

"It's vindictive, it's mean and it's extortion," Tarantino said, alleging that when the Arclight theater chain tried to tell Disney higher-ups that they would be honoring a contract to show The Hateful Eight at the Cinerama Dome, the studio threatened to pull Star Wars from all Arclight locations. "It was real bad news and it ing ed me off," added Tarantino.

Insiders say there was never a contract to play Hateful Eight (generally speaking there are never contracts, only verbal deals). TWC has known since advance ticket sales went on sale for Force Awakens in late October that it would not get the dome, but Tarantino wasn't informed until recently.

Instead, Hateful Eight — which held its worldwide premiere at the Cinerama Dome — will play in another auditorium at the Arclight equipped to project in 70mm film. Tarantino's revenge Western debuts exclusively in a 70mm roadshow in 100 theaters across the country before being made available in digital formats on Dec. 31.

The Oscar-winning director went on to say that his problem isn't with Star Wars or with director J.J. Abrams, but is with Disney execs, saying "I love J.J."

"I made a lot of money for the Disney corporation," he said. Disney used to own Miramax, which distributed many of Tarantino's early movies, including Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill.

"As far I'm concerned, let all the entertainment reporters call up Disney and ask for their comments on their extortionist practices," said Tarantino.

The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to Disney and TWC for comment.

Nubs70

Thursday/Friday cume would be the midnight start eastern standard time, with the west coast starting showings at 9 PM Thursday I believe but don't quote me. And yes, it will break 100 million easy, maybe over 120 million. If SW has a 500 million worldwide opening weekend, it will beat Avatar.
I have tickets for the 1930 showing Thursday night. The opening day box office will be a 2 day total.

Section106

Basic English lesson for you: it's not an "accusation" when irrefutable evidence exists to support the charge being levied. Lee presented the evidence of prior criminal activity which is part of the permanent county record. Hence, it is not an accusation.

Thanks for the English lesson. Now maybe you should look up the the definition of "reading comprehension" while you're at it. The public records of arrest and incarceration are indeed factual and in evidence. However, that is not what I addressed. I addressed the characterization of Jim by the anonymous CM that is contained in the original post on the subject. I then addressed your accusation that Jim had tried to pass himself off as a manager to obtain test Magic Bands. He responded to your post, refuted what you wrote, and then asked you to provide a link or two to prove your accusation. You did not provide any "irrefutable evidence" to support your claim. Again, reading comprehension.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Particularly when the person being discussed would have no qualms of releasing similar information on anyone else, if he felt it strategically advantageous (or he just had a bad day).

Well, Janey Sue - thank you for your question. Why for is it important? Well, it depends - do you care about the really-for-real motivations various people in the Disney community have? Can you put the pieces together and see the whole picture - one of a man who has pretty much been doing the same thing for the past 20 years - trying to live off of the Walt Disney Company.

First, Jim Hill is not a young man. 20 years ago he was pushing 40. We aren't talking about youthful indiscretions by a teenager or a young adult. And you don't just get convictions and jail time out of a one time petty indiscretion - this is what happens for organized, on going fraud, which apparently is what he was convicted of. By the time someone is that age, their base personality is pretty much solidified. And his future behavior shows that he never really learned anything from the experience, other than trying to avoid illegally using whatever methods possible for making money off of Disney. "Trying not to get caught again" does not equal rehabilitation.

So while it doesn't really change anything, it certainly speaks to what the thinking among us already knew - that Jim Hill continually demonstrates a lack of morals, has a preoccupation with the Disney company that extends from the incident discussed here, and has always just been trying to get a free ride from Disney.

He progressed from outright criminal behavior to more "soft" scams like gathering pledges to buy expensive electronic devices in exchange for promising his readers he'd finish the dozens of unfinished articles he wrote. Or taking $ for preorders for CDs that never materialized. And he brought up himself that he was selling tours inside of Disneyland and got kicked out - banned again. I would be ashamed to have done something to get kicked out once - this guy has had how many bans?

It's too bad this information wasn't widely available before. I wonder if all those folks that used to follow his highly negative Disney company posts ten, twelve years ago would have cheered him on so if they had known that his slanted articles were slanted because he was writing about a company that sent him to jail. It's like suddenly, things make sense - in a really-for-real way.

It reeks of desperation of the Disney community BS teams. Hill hasn't been relevant for years now, though (which is why it's so astounding that Disney seems to cater to him even if they can somehow forget about his super-shady and, yes, criminal past with them - so it's unfortunate that this information didn't come to light earlier when it would have had a lot more relevance than the current - "Yup, just confirms everything I ever thought about that windbag".

But I thought this wasn't about Jim?

njDizFan

Wah. My movie that will make me 10s of millions of dollars won't be shown for 2 weeks in one very specific theater. Wah. How horrible for him.
I understand your sentiment...sort of, but he identifies himself an artist(as do I and many other film fans). The venue is a very important part of art. All artists use great consideration when displaying their piece,(sculpture,mural,2D works, even food, fasion etc.). I would consider him a consumate auteur and deserving of that space.

The Empress Lilly

I understand your sentiment...sort of, but he identifies himself an artist(as do I and many other film fans). The venue is a very important part of art. All artists use great consideration when displaying their piece,(sculpture,mural,2D works, even food, fasion etc.). I would consider him a consumate auteur and deserving of that space.
How many people on the planet are possibly going to see the film in that one venue, that very important part of his art work? 1/10000th of the amount necessary to recoup the movie costs?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for protesting TWDC for strong-arming their competition and...wait...this competition is the Weinstein brothers. Well done Disney for getting back at these ruthless bullies.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In other news the crapweasels in DC have given Disney a sloppy wet kiss in that they just quadrupled the number of H2B visas in the latest budget bill The H2B is the visa Disney uses to import mousekeepers from the carribean to depress wages in O-town

Just what the economy needs more imported low skill workers when a record number of people out of the workforce.

the.dreamfinder

In other news the crapweasels in DC have given Disney a sloppy wet kiss in that they just quadrupled the number of H2B visas in the latest budget bill The H2B is the visa Disney uses to import mousekeepers from the carribean to depress wages in O-town

Just what the economy needs more imported low skill workers when a record number of people out of the workforce.
At least NASA got a good bit more than they asked for...
http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/16/10289030/nasa-budget-increase-2016-congress-funding

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom