A Spirited Perfect Ten

brb1006

The list of holiday things that have been removed, is a big deal though. My first Christmas trip was in 1998. Since then, this is what is no longer there

MK
Country Bear Holiday Show
Twas the Night Before Christmas Show
Seeing the Christmas Parade as the day parade more than a couple days before Christmas
Holiday Decor in Mickey & Minnie's Houses
Garlands across Main Street
I don't know how many random trees have been removed, I know Diamond Horseshoe and Liberty Tree Tavern used to have decorations, but I don't know if they still do those, or any other things I forgot.

Epcot
Lights of Winter
Gingerbread at American Adventure
Seeing Candlelight without effectively requiring a dinner package (friends from last year, said they only let 1 row of people from the non-dinner line in)

Studios
Train & Tree setup in front of the Theater
*Osborne Lights - going away
* unknown how the rest of the decor will change, I hope they keep the stars on Sunset

Animal Kingdom
Character Trees from Camp Minnie-Mickey
Jingle Parade

Elsewhere
The ornaments from the entrances to the golf courses
Gingerbread houses at each resort
Downtown Disney's tree (that tiny blue thing didn't last long)
I know the Contemporary's decor has changed quite a bit, I have a small picture of the metal trees they used to have in the lounge
I also have a picture of a fairly large tree at Riverside, but then the last time was a dinky little tree
Oh, on our honeymoon at French Quarter they had garlands on all the lamp posts

And this is before my time, but it probably is a loss for others the Glory and Pagentry of Christmas live nativity at the Marketplace which according to the boycott websites, ran for 17 years.

And just the awe of how much was put up in a 24 hour period. Now they stretch it out for weeks. The WL tree might go up in one night still, but so much doesn't.

Lots of people say "there's nothing better than WDW at Christmas," and at one point that was true, but is it still?
Meanwhile Tokyo Disney Resort has their own version of Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights that's decorated with Christmas ornaments and plays Christmas music during the holiday seasons!

Last edited:

Brer Panther

The list of holiday things that have been removed, is a big deal though. My first Christmas trip was in 1998. Since then, this is what is no longer there

MK
Country Bear Holiday Show
Twas the Night Before Christmas Show
Seeing the Christmas Parade as the day parade more than a couple days before Christmas
Holiday Decor in Mickey & Minnie's Houses
Garlands across Main Street
I don't know how many random trees have been removed, I know Diamond Horseshoe and Liberty Tree Tavern used to have decorations, but I don't know if they still do those, or any other things I forgot.

Epcot
Lights of Winter
Gingerbread at American Adventure
Seeing Candlelight without effectively requiring a dinner package (friends from last year, said they only let 1 row of people from the non-dinner line in)

Studios
Train & Tree setup in front of the Theater
*Osborne Lights - going away
* unknown how the rest of the decor will change, I hope they keep the stars on Sunset

Animal Kingdom
Character Trees from Camp Minnie-Mickey
Jingle Parade

Elsewhere
The ornaments from the entrances to the golf courses
Gingerbread houses at each resort
Downtown Disney's tree (that tiny blue thing didn't last long)
I know the Contemporary's decor has changed quite a bit, I have a small picture of the metal trees they used to have in the lounge
I also have a picture of a fairly large tree at Riverside, but then the last time was a dinky little tree
Oh, on our honeymoon at French Quarter they had garlands on all the lamp posts

And this is before my time, but it probably is a loss for others the Glory and Pagentry of Christmas live nativity at the Marketplace which according to the boycott websites, ran for 17 years.

And just the awe of how much was put up in a 24 hour period. Now they stretch it out for weeks. The WL tree might go up in one night still, but so much doesn't.

Lots of people say "there's nothing better than WDW at Christmas," and at one point that was true, but is it still?

Whoever runs the parks must be a real Scrooge.

Nemo14

Whoever runs the parks must be a real Scrooge.
scrooge2_zpsw5bdc5v5.jpg

tmstephe

They can't leave well enough alone can they?

Eh... It's like saying they never should have made a film version of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader because they should have left well enough alone after The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I'm ok with this, as it's based on PL Travers' original source material and I "trust" the creative team. Of course, your mileage may vary.

FigmentJedi

Eh... It's like saying they never should have made a film version of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader because they should have left well enough alone after The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I'm ok with this, as it's based on PL Travers' original source material and I "trust" the creative team. Of course, your mileage may vary.
Narnia was different. An attempt at doing the seven books that was never given the full LOTR/HP commitment it should have been given.

Travers was someone that was very spiteful towards what Disney and America had done with her work to the point where that stage musical was only initiated when it was ensured that no Americans be involved in writing new material. This is the Travers estate cashing in the same as the Seuss estate allowing a Lorax movie to shill for Mazdas and IHOP or all that shady stuff surrounding the publication of Go Set a Watchman.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I have said it before I will say it again... Mary Poppins I'd my favorite Disney Movie period. (Star wars excluded) IF this is done right I will be ok with it. It will not be the original, hover I will be ok with it IF it is done right. However I have little faith that they can do that. I just fail to see how you can bring the charm and magic from the original back again. I will with hold judgement I am open to this, however i am extreamly nervous, it's got to be an amazing fan for me to be ok with this...

PhotoDave219

I have said it before I will say it again... Mary Poppins I'd my favorite Disney Movie period. (Star wars excluded) IF this is done right I will be ok with it. It will not be the original, hover I will be ok with it IF it is done right. However I have little faith that they can do that. I just fail to see how you can bring the charm and magic from the original back again. I will with hold judgement I am open to this, however i am extreamly nervous, it's got to be an amazing fan for me to be ok with this...

Um...... No need to exclude Star Wars from that. Star Wars isnt Disney - its LucasFilm. Remember, while Disney may own them, they still do a lot of their own things, hence the insane security surrounding Ep7. (Needs even more IMO). Alas if you'll recall, Disney owned Miramax when Pulp Ficton was put out and no one would ever mistake that for a Disney film.

Goofyernmost

While it hasn't all gone away, our national obsession with "political correctness" has been a major influence (or at least an excuse) for a lot of the pullback that we have witnessed in recent years. They would rather just be neutral then to offend anyone. There is a difference between offended and disappointed. Disappointed doesn't come with lawsuits for the most part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom