A Spirited Perfect Ten

the.dreamfinder

What crazy comments about Uni losing Marvel on that twitter thread. It's never gonna happen people! Also, why would you want it to?
I think Robert Niles summed it up best on his Parkscope appearance. Universal had Marvel's back during a very difficult time and did an excellent job creating high quality attractions featuring the characters in a land that has been enjoyed by hundreds of millions of guests for over fifteen years. If the rights went back to Disney, how many years are we going to have to wait for something of substance, or at least comprable to MSHI, to come to WDW?

Mike S

I think Robert Niles summed it up best on his Parkscope appearance. Universal had Marvel's back during a very difficult time and did an excellent job creating high quality attractions featuring the characters in a land that has been enjoyed by hundreds of millions of guests for over fifteen years. If the rights went back to Disney, how many years are we going to have to wait for something of substance, or at least comprable to MSHI, to come to WDW?

MagicGoofy

So they released two posters for the Alice In Wonderland sequel in 2016...

I'm waiting for a poster for the Jungle Book movie.. That's a movie I'm excited for, especially with the talent behind it. They will be showing footage/ a trailer at D23 but who knows if they will release it to the public after or wait.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 79

Cesar R M

Just mentioning the Hulk refurb was officially announced for Islands of Adventure (Major, and it's for MCU Hulk) Closes September 8, and reopens.

There will likely be more announcements from Universal over the next several days also, right along the time with D23. (And this is intentional)
crap.. how long it will be down?

Cesar R M

Rumor that we could hear about the two new cruise ships tomorrow that spirit has been talking about

https://twitter.com/kevinlklose/status/632228874458234880
what surprises me is the " another Caribbean island" . Will they buy something off Cuba?
or will they snatch part of the troubled Chinese mega hotel that went bankrupt?
Does this means that Castaway Cay reached capacity?

also, I still wonder what names will these ships get. I am excited!

I'm not conservative be any measure but for a childrens movie I'm not sure using this pic iis the best for marketing zootopia which they tweeted.
CMZ4vmVUkAAacZQ.jpg
thats because they announced that Shakira will be voicing it.

Captain Neo

That scene they showed at the animation presentation for Zootopia (the one with the sloths) is the first time I legitimatelly laughed from a Disney movie since I was kid. That was great stuff and was very natural. I find a lot of the humor in most modern Disney (and theatrical animated features) to be very forced like they are trying too hard.

TP2000

I find a lot of the humor in most modern Disney (and theatrical animated features) to be very forced like they are trying too hard.

Agreed. It's like they are aiming all their humor at a 12 year old boy with a lower-to-mid range IQ. Fart jokes, poop jokes, slip-and-falls, and middling pre-pubescent hilarity reign with the brain trust in Burbank's Animation Building.

A sharper, smarter, aim-higher wit would work wonders for them. I think the last time they achieved that was in the early 1990's when Robin Williams was ad-libbing Genie lines in Aladdin.

Captain Neo

Agreed. It's like they are aiming all their humor at a 12 year old boy with a lower-to-mid range IQ. Fart jokes, poop jokes, slip-and-falls, and middling pre-pubescent hilarity reign with the brain trust in Burbank's Animation Building.

A sharper, smarter, aim-higher wit would work wonders for them. I think the last time they achieved that was in the early 1990's when Robin Williams was ad-libbing Genie lines in Aladdin.

Absolutely. I would say definitely check out Zootopia as so far it looks to be a bit more sophisticated and definitely more in line with Aladdin than the recent movies.

Goofyernmost

And Timekeeper! I know that no one but Robin could have written those lines he used in that show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom