A Spirited Perfect Ten

StageFrenzy

NFL games have sucked since 2K5, and EA was so worried they bought the full exclusive NFL rights for their Madden games....I'm still mad about that one.
I'm upset they killed the NCAA series, I never cared about the names on the back of the jerseys, they were gone in two years anyway. If you want to talk about obscure sports games how about Pro Cycling Manager. Best thing to do with Madden is alternate years.

Rodan75

I feel like throwing this rumor out there... mostly because I saw that there's a Club 33 bit at D23.

I heard something about Club 33 coming to DHS & the 2nd floor of GMR.

Not sure if its feasable tho.

GMR is set up for large events...so it would make sense their would be room for it somewhere. Sounds believable.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I feel like throwing this rumor out there... mostly because I saw that there's a Club 33 bit at D23.

I heard something about Club 33 coming to DHS & the 2nd floor of GMR.

Not sure if its feasable tho.

Just for clarification, the rumor is there will be a "club 33" in DHS above the GMR? I was unaware there was a second floor to that attraction... guess I learn a new disney park fact a day!

Smiddimizer

If so, it's quite well hidden...

tumblr_m4fkrl7WHF1qi5axlo1_500.gif

MagicGoofy

Here is a much closer look at the land, in the bottom right corner you can see the military camp and what's very interesting is that they left out the boat ride portion off the model on purpose, as it cuts off right at that corner by the banshee ride show building where you start to see water.
image.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

not sure what to make of this yet..will the moon be a part of it in actuality?

silly question, but if pandora is outdoors, how will this be achieved?
I doubt they'll have the planet, likely it's just for artistic purposes on the model. Unless they intend to build a giant 200 foot tall planet facade just for the purpose of background scenery. Might be possible (hiding the base of the planet behind all the trees and rockwork where it's attached to the ground), but I wouldn't assume it's happening. Would also look very odd in all the other areas of the park where you have a view of the land without the magic of forced perspective.

I'm worried about the boat ride. It's apparently absent from the model and nowhere to be seen yet at the event. The Disney Blog is reporting the rumor that the ride is currently "being reworked" and may not open with the land (delayed until 2018). I hope there's no truth to that, or worse that the boat ride has even perhaps been canceled. But if it is delayed, I pray that they are using that extra time to make the boat ride better. Specifically that it amounts to more than the "C ticket" the early leaked blueprints indicated it would be. It's the only ride i'm really looking forward to at the moment. I don't want any more value engineering garbage, nor stretching out the development to make quarterly reports look better...

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I doubt they'll have the planet, likely it's just for artistic purposes on the model. Unless they intend to build a giant 200 foot tall planet facade just for the purpose of background scenery. Might be possible (hiding the base of the planet behind all the trees and rockwork where it's attached to the ground), but I wouldn't assume it's happening. Would also look very odd in all the other areas of the park where you have a view of the land without the magic of forced perspective.

I'm worried about the boat ride. It's apparently absent from the model and nowhere to be seen yet at the event. The Disney Blog is reporting the rumor that the ride is currently "being reworked" and may not open with the land (delayed until 2018). I hope there's no truth to that, or worse that the boat ride has even perhaps been canceled. But if it is delayed, I pray that they are using that extra time to make the boat ride better. Specifically that it amounts to more than the "C ticket" the early leaked blueprints indicated it would be. It's the only ride i'm really looking forward to at the moment. I don't want any more value engineering garbage, nor stretching out the development to make quarterly reports look better...

This is the same Disney blog that just ripped off all the info I've gathered & compiled for the DHS makeover, right?

Cesar R M

I know I'm totally dressed the thread and I'm the one usually complaining about people being on topic… I'll title back in a second…

Alas I picked up fallout three for $15. With all the downloads. A lot of fun. Granted n it's a title from 2008. A lot of these titles are glitchy and buggy and rush to market with an attempt to completely capitalize on the market. When you have call of duty going for $60 new and a new title coming out every 12 to 18 months, you're not getting a game worth that kind of money.

On the flipside of that is when Disney partners with square Enix and they take for ever to get a game to come out… but then it's usually worth the money.

Disney games have been hit and miss over the years. There was even a magic kingdom video game that predates VMK.

I get that Disney infinity is a Thing… It just seems like you're constantly buying new content. Which again, I get. I just think if you're going to pay $65 for a game, you should get the additional content for free. Much like what rockstar games good with grand theft auto five… They seem to have monthly title updates.

I'm interested in the new Star Wars battlefront that comes out this Christmas but I really don't want to go out and buy a new PlayStation.

Disney's own gaming studios throughout the years just never really worked very well. They never really put out a quality product. They seem to be trending in the right direction the past couple years but we shall see… Although I think those are just partnerships with existing games videos.
In Disney's defence.. to get the " expansions" you buy also a nice little toy.
So for me its worth it.

But as you said, for a lot of games.. they are not worth it.
Infact, most vendors seem to be moving to either " free to play" with microtransactions (or charging for costumes..etc..like team fortress 2)
or moving to " episodic content" . Where the game is actually divided into small chapters at lower price (see The Walking Death).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom