A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

I don't play it but any of the sports games is yearly etc.
most " big franchise" games are almost yearly (see COD franchise and battlefield).

Some of the very few studios that develop " when its done" and give games that are really worth it.. are rare..
I'm particularly fond of VALVE games (creators of STEAM platform, half life, left4dead, team fortress..etc..)
also 2k games also deliver good solid games worth the money.

Also, funny that good games based on real movie or character franchises are VERY RARE.
The only constant seems to be ROcKSTEADY and their amazing BATMAN series.

Cesar R M

I doubt they'll have the planet, likely it's just for artistic purposes on the model. Unless they intend to build a giant 200 foot tall planet facade just for the purpose of background scenery. Might be possible (hiding the base of the planet behind all the trees and rockwork where it's attached to the ground), but I wouldn't assume it's happening. Would also look very odd in all the other areas of the park where you have a view of the land without the magic of forced perspective.

I'm worried about the boat ride. It's apparently absent from the model and nowhere to be seen yet at the event. The Disney Blog is reporting the rumor that the ride is currently "being reworked" and may not open with the land (delayed until 2018). I hope there's no truth to that, or worse that the boat ride has even perhaps been canceled. But if it is delayed, I pray that they are using that extra time to make the boat ride better. Specifically that it amounts to more than the "C ticket" the early leaked blueprints indicated it would be. It's the only ride i'm really looking forward to at the moment. I don't want any more value engineering garbage, nor stretching out the development to make quarterly reports look better...
unless they build another " spaceship earth" style building as a planet and house something inside?

yensidtlaw1969

model of Avatarland's Pandora....quite underwhelming as this is what it will look like in the daytime
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2015/08/11849906_1649265388621160_385220740_n-600x600.jpg

Here is a much closer look at the land, in the bottom right corner you can see the military camp and what's very interesting is that they left out the boat ride portion off the model on purpose, as it cuts off right at that corner by the banshee ride show building where you start to see water.
image-jpg.105735

Man, if ever an argument needed to be made for good photography, these two photos certainly do the job nicely. The first one looks completely underwhelming. The second one . . . is this thing open yet??

SpaceMountain77

Here is a much closer look at the land, in the bottom right corner you can see the military camp and what's very interesting is that they left out the boat ride portion off the model on purpose, as it cuts off right at that corner by the banshee ride show building where you start to see water. View attachment 105735

If the boat ride has been eliminated, then it will have taken 6 years to build 1 E-ticket attraction and a quick service dining location?

Mike C

Just mentioning the Hulk refurb was officially announced for Islands of Adventure (Major, and it's for MCU Hulk) Closes September 8, and reopens.

There will likely be more announcements from Universal over the next several days also, right along the time with D23. (And this is intentional)

Rodan75

That Disney/Maker deal hasn't turned out too well.
http://recode.net/2015/08/14/disney-and-maker-studios-big-deal-may-be-smaller-than-they-thought/
It's interesting to hear Disney has actively been impeeding Maker's access to Disney IP and that someone is sad Jay Rasulo is gone, really!

That reads more like the Maker execs are frustrated that this wasn't a big and easy payout more than anything. Not to defend the organizational structure, which sounds horrible. Given the valuations their competitors ended up getting, Maker should be pretty happy with what they got / are getting.

Rodan75

Just mentioning the Hulk refurb was officially announced for Islands of Adventure (Major, and it's for MCU Hulk) Closes September 8, and reopens.

There will likely be more announcements from Universal over the next several days also, right along the time with D23. (And this is intentional)

That actually sounds petty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom