A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

You know I hate to argue, but seriously, if we don't get to deal with speculation they might as well close the board down. Facts are only available after whatever the process is concludes and we have some solid thing to see. Getting factual anything, that isn't speculation, from Disney is like finding gold in my blood stream.

You know what I mean.... Stuff we can back up with reliable info vs Stuff some fanboi just made up or did armchair imagineering with.

Most of us can tell what is credible and what is not.

PhotoDave219

Yeah, the it wasn't stolen from here... it's stating the exact opposite of:

I was putting the link out there for amusement only. I mean, there's so much speculation to borrow from on this site, and lots of it very plausible... and they go with Tron coming to Orlando, really? They thought THAT was the most plausible rumor to publish?

Consider the course.

Goofyernmost

You know what I mean.... Stuff we can back up with reliable info vs Stuff some fanboi just made up or did armchair imagineering with.

Most of us can tell what is credible and what is not.
I agree and that is partially because there is a blur between what is opinion and what is knowledge of a situation. You have read some of the responses to things that are so far away from the original post that you have to wonder how that person can even not fall over. So it all gets stirred together and the ability to distinguish reliable information from wishful thinking is no longer possible.

Stevek

How much land are we talking about here?
Roughly a third of the size of DCA. As @truecoat stated, it's going to provide much needed parking much closer to the park than the Toy Story Lot. Assuming this new lot will be part of the $1.5B Disney has promised Anaheim. When Star Wars Land, Marvel and whatever other enhancements come to the resort in the next decade (hopefully), this parking will be a godsend. The bigger question is will the parks truly be able to handle the even higher crowds that these additions will bring.

StageFrenzy

so here is a new rumor that has to be true (because... reasons).. they are demolishing splash to replace it with the next big thing, Country Bear Journey to the center of the earth. "you know 'song of the south' is just not a movie that we can be a part of anymore" quoted from Robert Iger(at D23 last month), "we need to sanitize our parks to be more 'everyone friendly', we have already begun this transformation with Pirates and more recently the realignment of flags in the 'murican adventure."

Tell me you're posting that to just see where that one ends up?

and they called it The Aristocats.

janoimagine

First.... Love that Smooth Jazz.

Second..... he doesnt look right. Either the white balance on the camera was off or his makeup was bad - He looks a little green.
It looks like his key light was set to low. If you watch as he walks up ... his face is lit then goes into shadow. His chest is lit, but not his face, its pretty apparent when he is standing next to Mickey.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Thursday Musings:

Just a thought, and I admit I'm still on a bit of a high after FINALLY seeing evidence that SDL will actually open, so time to bring us down to earth with this deep thought: remember when Disney parks were about more than meet-and-greets, singalongs and ginormous cupcakes?

Seriously. Why is it that such a large segment of the fan community thinks this is what they're supposed to be?

Seems like Ant Man is being pegged at a $60-65 million opening. I want to see it, but not like I did GotG last year.

Now, let's have a moment of silence in honor of all the O-Town Lifestlyers who couldn't afford to be in Anaheim tomorrow because they 'had' to be there in May and will 'have' to be there next month . ... Was everyone silent? Good. ... because ya know it's a job.;):eek::D

Seems to be a misconception amongst some fans that Winnie the Pooh's dark ride isn't at SDL since it wasn't discussed. I can only tell you that it was planned and manufactured and a show building for it is going up as we speak. I can't tell you why it or some other features of the park weren't announced. Ask Bob Iger ...

Someone sent me a tweet and apparently Matthew Gottula of Theme Park Insider found a permit for a $670,000 Marvel retail establishment in DL's Innoventions. That is your proof that the temp attractions to sell Iger's Acquisitions in Shanghai are also going into DL.

Emmy noms came out today (yeah, I'm likely going! :) ) and I wasn't really shocked. Jeffrey Tambor can clean a spot on his mantle (remember when he was the Roper's uptight neighbor?) and thank Caitlyn Jenner for making being transgender kewl. I don't watch Game of Thrones or Orange is the New Black, but it's safe to say they are industry darlings, but likely will sit back as Mad Men gets the sendoff love that Emmy is known for. And House of Cards I gave up in Season 2 because Kevin Spacey can't transcend absurd plots. And no broadcast network gets a nom in drama, but Netflix gets two? Sorry, I guess no one at the Academy has watched The Good Wife or How To Get Away With Murder.

I'm sure every fanboi here cheered that Jim Parsons wasn't given a nom, even if Mayim Bialik got one. It was nice to see Parks and Rec and Amy Poehler see some love, but it wouldn't have killed them to honor the much deserving Nick Offerman. Would love to see the show win, but while I don't see Modern Family (very uneven last year) winning again, I see Veep taking the comedy award. And while I enjoyed American Horror Story: Freakshow, I have a tough time calling it a miniseries ... and giving pretty much the entire cast noms. ... And for those snobs (that is what you are) who feel that TV is largely a worthless medium compared to film, one should look at all the film stars who were nominated today.

No, I have absolutely no WDW news to add. Did Disney close something else today? Open a lounge with two benches, a trash can and pics of Walt in an empty queue from a shuttered attraction? Announce a special cupcake party?

I see Halloween Horror Nights are starting Sept. 18th. Funny how both Disney and UNI are desperate to take the slowest month of the year and absolutely worst weather-wise and turn it into a peak visiting season. ... Sorry, not for me.

Oh, and just a note to my fans, but I'm down to single digits before my vacation/sabbatical. But I'll still be aware of what goes on ... because I'm a Spirit and I'm everywhere, after all!

asianway

Spirited Thursday Musings:

Just a thought, and I admit I'm still on a bit of a high after FINALLY seeing evidence that SDL will actually open, so time to bring us down to earth with this deep thought: remember when Disney parks were about more than meet-and-greets, singalongs and ginormous cupcakes?

Seriously. Why is it that such a large segment of the fan community thinks this is what they're supposed to be?

Seems like Ant Man is being pegged at a $60-65 million opening. I want to see it, but not like I did GotG last year.

Now, let's have a moment of silence in honor of all the O-Town Lifestlyers who couldn't afford to be in Anaheim tomorrow because they 'had' to be there in May and will 'have' to be there next month . ... Was everyone silent? Good. ... because ya know it's a job.;):eek::D

Seems to be a misconception amongst some fans that Winnie the Pooh's dark ride isn't at SDL since it wasn't discussed. I can only tell you that it was planned and manufactured and a show building for it is going up as we speak. I can't tell you why it or some other features of the park weren't announced. Ask Bob Iger ...

Someone sent me a tweet and apparently Matthew Gottula of Theme Park Insider found a permit for a $670,000 Marvel retail establishment in DL's Innoventions. That is your proof that the temp attractions to sell Iger's Acquisitions in Shanghai are also going into DL.

Emmy noms came out today (yeah, I'm likely going! :) ) and I wasn't really shocked. Jeffrey Tambor can clean a spot on his mantle (remember when he was the Roper's uptight neighbor?) and thank Caitlyn Jenner for making being transgender kewl. I don't watch Game of Thrones or Orange is the New Black, but it's safe to say they are industry darlings, but likely will sit back as Mad Men gets the sendoff love that Emmy is known for. And House of Cards I gave up in Season 2 because Kevin Spacey can't transcend absurd plots. And no broadcast network gets a nom in drama, but Netflix gets two? Sorry, I guess no one at the Academy has watched The Good Wife or How To Get Away With Murder.

I'm sure every fanboi here cheered that Jim Parsons wasn't given a nom, even if Mayim Bialik got one. It was nice to see Parks and Rec and Amy Poehler see some love, but it wouldn't have killed them to honor the much deserving Nick Offerman. Would love to see the show win, but while I don't see Modern Family (very uneven last year) winning again, I see Veep taking the comedy award. And while I enjoyed American Horror Story: Freakshow, I have a tough time calling it a miniseries ... and giving pretty much the entire cast noms. ... And for those snobs (that is what you are) who feel that TV is largely a worthless medium compared to film, one should look at all the film stars who were nominated today.

No, I have absolutely no WDW news to add. Did Disney close something else today? Open a lounge with two benches, a trash can and pics of Walt in an empty queue from a shuttered attraction? Announce a special cupcake party?

I see Halloween Horror Nights are starting Sept. 18th. Funny how both Disney and UNI are desperate to take the slowest month of the year and absolutely worst weather-wise and turn it into a peak visiting season. ... Sorry, not for me.

Oh, and just a note to my fans, but I'm down to single digits before my vacation/sabbatical. But I'll still be aware of what goes on ... because I'm a Spirit and I'm everywhere, after all!
We got BBB3. Now they need one in Epcot and AK.

What's your thoughts on the body issue and the Marvel insert this year?

wogwog

None of those but they are consolidating a service. From a MK Guest Relations acquaintance the TST MM +/- Service Center is being moved across Town Square to City Hall. She said as of Sunday but I was not that interested so I am not sure if she said this coming Sunday or a week later. So guests can go there to learn about how to use the system and to the same place to complain when it fails. ;) In fairness it could be good news if the system has actually improved so much the consolidation is warranted.

dstrawn9889

and now for something completely different...

the advertisers behind this ant-man ad campaign should get a raise

650x366

StageFrenzy

Forgot to add, I'm glad to see Better Call Saul get three major noms. The show has a quirky feel and the pacing isn't the same as Breaking Bad. But the show is still great storytelling/TV.

Time for dinner ... perhaps, something healthy?
I don't think I would like it if it was breaking bad. Wife loves Better Call Saul and I am pretty sure she could not pick Walter White out of a line up.
Jon Hamm better win.
I feel the same about Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom