A Spirited Perfect Ten

matt9112

At this rate, they will add a triple floor for the next texan class strollers (aka quaddecker with machineguns, rocket launchers and heavy armor)

If thaey had strollers with rocket launchers that bypassed ATF destructive device rules....I would want kids every week...

MURICA (yes you can buy rocket launchers)

Figments Friend

#NotMyFigment

The version that's in Imagination right now doesn't have the "childish delight" that Dreamfinder gave the original. I'd prefer they revert back to the original Figment or retire the concept entirely.

^
This, indeed.

Something i don't think a lot of fans realize, is that the 'Figment' of modern times is NOT in any way even close to the original incarnation of the character of yore.
This is especially true for those who sadly missed out on experiencing the brilliance that was the Original 'Journey Into Imagination' Attraction, which is understandable.

Watching a video representation of that Original masterpiece of themed show and design on YouTube DOES NOT in any way reflect what the REAL experience was like, or how much of a sensory impact that experience was.
You were completely enveloped in what was going on, both visually, musically, story-wise, and even scent-wise.
It is difficult for those who missed it to really realize exactly what it was like, and the same goes for the characters present in both the Attraction and wandering around outside the Pavilion to greet you in person.

If you were fortunate to experience all versions of the Attraction, you would easily be able to see how the character changed from a beloved, impish bundle of creative energy to a extinct, non-entity, to a resurrected clone that is in truth just a annoying pest.

Those two purple dragons may look alike, but trust me, they are not.
Someday i truly hope the 'real Figment' and perhaps his old friend can return in a new, exciting, truly IMAGINATIVE themed experience to take today's savvy Guests on a real 'Journey' in their imaginations and beyond.
No IP's need apply.
;)

truecoat

Here's the model of the parade @PhotoDave219 was talking about.

Mickey Avenue.jpg

truecoat

The problem is they have to basically rebuild DHS from scratch since the studio layout that they designed the park with is easily the worst park layout of any major theme park. Way too many dead ends, no real theme, no real flow to the park, everything is just sort of there (and most of it has to go).

Half the cost of Shanghai should provide more.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How does this ride lineup compare to the leaked plans posted a while back? Any good surprises? Anything missing? Is there any sign of what the $800M was spent on?

BrianLo

How does this ride lineup compare to the leaked plans posted a while back? Any good surprises? Anything missing? Is there any sign of what the $800M was spent on?

Nearly identical to the masterplans circa 2012 or so.

118124d1342645990-2016-neuheit-disneyland-shanghai-neuer-park-shanghai-china-db_2012_0718_sdl_map11.jpg

Gone - Toy Story Playland and the Eastside performance Venue (was meant to be temporary anyways).
New - Marvel and Star Wars experiences, taking up a small portion of the land once earmarked for Toy Story. Technically Frozen has also replaced some sort of show in Fantasyland... what it was supposed to be I'm not sure.

The WestSide Performance venue is on updated maps, the SDL model shown yesterday and appears to have groundbreaking on their newest aerial video.

CaptainAmerica

with this big reveal of Shanghai last night how much will SDL be apart of D23 Parks and Resorts presentation
That'll be interesting to see. Americans are famously indifferent about things that happen on the other side of the world. Shanghai is certainly the "big story" in the P&R Segment right now, but I'm not sure how it will play to that audience.

BrianLo

with this big reveal of Shanghai last night how much will SDL be apart of D23 Parks and Resorts presentation

Contrary to what pessimists are leaning towards, there is more than enough upcoming Domestic news to fill the D23 P&R presentation this year. I imagine it will be very focused on DLR/WDW, almost exclusively.

Granted, there have been odder occurrences (like Avatar in Tokyo), but Tokyo should be relegated to their own D23 this year.

twebber55

Contrary to what pessimists are leaning towards, there is more than enough upcoming Domestic news to fill the D23 P&R presentation this year. I imagine it will be very focused on DLR/WDW, almost exclusively.

Granted, there have been odder occurrences (like Avatar in Tokyo), but Tokyo should be relegated to their own D23 this year.
I was thinking the same thing...seems like there is more than enough you can announce domestically to take up a majority of that 90 minutes allocated for Parks and Resorts

parker4fm

I'm interested in seeing what our insiders think about the total ride count at SDL? It seems very light for a Park of this size. Given that it is in China, I would have expected more. I am sure the Chinese are aware of what TDL has. We also know that Hong Kong was ride light when it opened and that gave it many negative reviews. From what I see, if Park visitors are going for rides, they will find the Park to be a half day experience. While it will be beautiful, this does not give itself to repeat visits.

I've been to every Disney Park in the world. I find that the only Disneyland/MK style Park that is truly worth it is Disneyland in Anaheim. They have truly maximized the use of their small space.

PhotoDave219

Just because there is doesn't mean they will

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom