A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
I can tell you how I handled it after my mom died in her 50s from liver failure due to the stress of having to endure a year of antibiotic treatments (and other medications) because the hospital/doctors didn't think that a diabetic needed preventative antibiotics after triple bypass surgery. Six months of wound care where incisions would not heal due to some exotic infection.

I can tell you how I handled it after my sister was a couple hours away from bleeding to death through her skin, tear ducts, and sweat glands because she had a reaction to medications that caused her blood platelet count to drop to the point her blood was almost water.

I can tell you how I handled it when my father fell from a ladder into a partially filled pool, crushing three vertebrae and almost drowning because at the deep end where he fell in there was three feet of stagnant water that he breathed in when he hit bottom. After they had to open him back up to clean out the infection because of poor care in the hospital, they realized he had ruptured his esophagus from wretching the black stagnant water out.

What did I do to make it through these terrible events that took one of the three family members that I grew up with, but could have easily taken all three? I focused on them getting better. Was I upset with doctors? Absolutely. But I realized ****ing and moaning about the issues added no benefite to them getting better. In my experiences insurance had nothing to do with it. It was all neglect in care from the doctors/hospital.

I sorta want to move away from the topic right now (as it makes me angry ... although Jake tells me that it also harms my BRAND and he is a highly paid expert on BRANDING, at least in the PML!), but I felt your post deserved a response.

First, I am sorry you and your family went through that crap. I do, obviously, know how terrible it is to deal with these type of situations. And I also don't want to seem like I'm placing all of the blame on insurance companies. My uncle's death had absolutely nothing (directly) related to his coverage and more to neglect and misdiagnosis on the part of the doctors that cared for him. My family has already been told to 'sue us' and I am wise enough to realize that you never sue anyone who wants it because they are telegraphing that they own the court ... the playing field. What they don't quite understand is there are more than one way to damage a hospital and doctors who are so arrogant and ... in a few cases here ... outright evil and get some justice for the man.

My only concern, right now, is the health of my parent. But that does involve dealing with insurance and seeing my mother in tears as she spent hours on the phone simply trying to get the proper paperwork to the hospital was stomach churning. I have no use for the insurance industry and I make no apologies for that. ...Oh, and I'll also add that as a Faux Top One Percenter and someone involved in media, I have a few resources and cards to play that the average individual/family does/do not.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Please. I don't think being acknowledged by D23 makes Martin another shill '74's gonna start whining about. Remember, D23 is pretty much joined at the hip to the Archives and the Archives actually took in copies of Martin's material because it's just that comprehensive.

I wish people would simply think before they posted (of course, 85% of all posts might not happen that way!)

Martin (@marni1971) is a personal friend of mine. He is absolutely no shill for anything except demanding excellence from WDW. And while I share no love for D23, I think it's great to see Martin when he was a wee lad ... and the MK was still great!

Now, find something else to rip me over. ... or go see what's on Twitter about the big Star Wars announcement at the Studios tonight!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not quite (also note the differences in the axis - Shanghai's absolute worst levels averages are Beijing's best).

BN-DN478_bjbj_G_20140702221450.jpg

BN-DN479_shairp_G_20140702221912.jpg

They both suck though, but Beijing is still significantly worse.

The real problem? Universal literally won't ever be able to get decent promotional shots. They never have lower pollution levels... (except when I visit apparently, then they have blue skies)

It's also no surprise that SDL has to open in the Spring/Summer (and why no one here should ever book a winter trip to Shanghai).

You attributed my quote to @hakunamatata ... but I think you missed my greater point to try and show that one city is worse than another.

They have MAJOR issues in both cities (he ll, they also have issues in HK now too!) They need to deal with them, and not because Disney and UNI are opening major resorts. They need to deal with them for the health of their citizens and the quality of life of anyone who lives or visits them.

PhotoDave219

Because Dr. Blondie's PhD still doesn't give her a clue that news dies on a Friday night (even in the Twit Age). Maybe because some lawyer didn't give them the OK until late. No idea.

But when you have a resort as stale at WDW and have to create events where you talk up everything from benches to cupcakes, you'd think someone would have had the brains to put the (largely) good news out and let people know.

And it won't have legs beyond forums like this and with the few Lifestylers who don't have the money to go to Anaheim next week. Because all the Disney news of next week will be coming from Shanghai and Anaheim and the Tomorrowland debut.

They killed the first good news they've had in a while. But the idiots who run that company are smarter than YOU. Just remember that!

That's a "discrete leak it" now and officially release it Monday morning.

ElBriMan

Time to bring some closure:

So Disney has reached back out to me today. I was out at lunch with my momma so I missed the call, but she left a VM, which was immediately followed up by an e-mail. Thumbs up at making a conscience effort to make sure I was contacted.

So I spoke with Emily and she was very apologetic. Not so much at the status of the towels or bed sheets, but how poorly the front desk didn't react to the issue. I told her I understood that mistakes happen, but the lack of empathy is what bothered me the most. She agreed and made sure to let me know that not only will they let the front desk aware of this issue, but the Head of Housekeeping as well.

Emily understood that it was my honeymoon and as a way to have a "do-over", she offered me a free night stay at the Polynesian or any Deluxe on property. I definitely wasn't expecting that, or seeking that, but I'm not opposed to giving them a 2nd chance.

So Kudos to Emily who take care of this issue with great care. She was very understanding and made sure she drove the point that this isn't the "Disney Experience" they want represented.

So props to Disney, a great way to recover the initial fumble.

GiveMeTheMusic

If any Disney property belongs on Broadway, it's that one. Amazing film. Amazing music.

The show at La Jolla Playhouse was breathtaking. Disney could not reach an agreement with Actor's Equity on how to handle the show's choir (they are not Equity performers and Disney didn't want to pay them as such). Combine that with lukewarm reviews at Paper Mill in NJ, and the show is currently on ice. Very disappointing.

I believe Eisner referred to it as one of, if not his favorite Disney animated films. Maybe that explains why Bob Iger hates it so much (or so I'm told). It's a small miracle Disney Theatrical was able to get it off of the ground with Bob's hatred of all things Quasimodo.

bhg469

So Disney has reached back out to me today. I was out at lunch with my momma so I missed the call, but she left a VM, which was immediately followed up by an e-mail. Thumbs up at making a conscience effort to make sure I was contacted.

So I spoke with Emily and she was very apologetic. Not so much at the status of the towels or bed sheets, but how poorly the front desk didn't react to the issue. I told her I understood that mistakes happen, but the lack of empathy is what bothered me the most. She agreed and made sure to let me know that not only will they let the front desk aware of this issue, but the Head of Housekeeping as well.

Emily understood that it was my honeymoon and as a way to have a "do-over", she offered me a free night stay at the Polynesian or any Deluxe on property. I definitely wasn't expecting that, or seeking that, but I'm not opposed to giving them a 2nd chance.

So Kudos to Emily who take care of this issue with great care. She was very understanding and made sure she drove the point that this isn't the "Disney Experience" they want represented.

Right on man! I truly hope they make up for it if you take advantage of their offer.... even if you are secretly using your marriage to bring down disney from the inside. ;)

Cesar R M

only one night?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom